• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

as aParent....christmas Present Question

game store to get a better idea of what's out there. You might also want to talk to your son and see if he's open to trying other systems.
If you have a Walmart close to you, you can usually order it online then pick it up in the store. It's either cheaper or no shipping doing it that way...I don't remember it exactly. Last year they had some incredible bundles available there. I wouldn't recommend getting yours the way I did. My son waited in line for a couple of hours then I took his place & waited for the next 10 hours!! Never done that before but it was actually kind of fun!! There were 8 of us waiting & they were all nice & helpful. It was really cold where we were waiting & one girl saved our seats while another girl went out to my car with me to get a blanket!! None of them were cut-throat types like I've heard about!!!

My 16 year old son recommends the Wii over the Xbox for someone that age. My cousins son (8 years old) had never played Wii until my kids took theirs over to his house this summer. We just saw him again today & he now owns a Wii too!!!

Stampaholic1961 said:
If you have a Walmart close to you, you can usually order it online then pick it up in the store. It's either cheaper or no shipping doing it that way...I don't remember it exactly. Last year they had some incredible bundles available there. I wouldn't recommend getting yours the way I did. My son waited in line for a couple of hours then I took his place & waited for the next 10 hours!! Never done that before but it was actually kind of fun!! There were 8 of us waiting & they were all nice & helpful. It was really cold where we were waiting & one girl saved our seats while another girl went out to my car with me to get a blanket!! None of them were cut-throat types like I've heard about!!!

Holy Moly! Walmart - mind you for the complete bundle, whatever that is - $677.00!!!

Perhaps - you'd have to keep checking... Though I imagine if you have no Costco near you then you probably don't have a Costco card.Amazon may also have them. I'd also check other stores - it's just that Costco has had the best price I've seen.

Stampaholic1961 said:
My 16 year old son recommends the Wii over the Xbox for someone that age. My cousins son (8 years old) had never played Wii until my kids took theirs over to his house this summer. We just saw him again today & he now owns a Wii too!!!

That's where Im going, Bev. He's too young for XBox...that can wait. By the time he gets that age, it will be something completely different anyway!:yuck:

The Wii is great! We had folks from age 5 up to age 45 all playing it together all day Thursday. There's something for everyone. It's definitely going on my shopping list for Yule! I, personally would NEVER buy an XBox of any type. I refuse to put money in Bill Gates pocket. Everything Microsoft makes is crap.

Denarella said:
Holy Moly! Walmart - mind you for the complete bundle, whatever that is - $677.00!!!
Just the system is usually around $250.00. I just went to Walmart.com and looked at that bundle. It's more expensive than the bundles last year!! It includes your choice of 6 games which is close to $300 of the price. I'm not sure what else is included that would make it that price!! To save on batteries, you might want to get the docking station for the remote that recharges it. One thing I DON'T recommend are the "skins" that go over the remote to make them different color. I bought 4 different colors so we could all have our own favorite color but unless they have redesigned them, they are a pain!! They are a rubbery material that you have to work to get on the remote. Then when you need to change the batteries, you have to struggle to get them off again. There is no opening to change the batteries!! At least one of ours got ripped in trying to get it off!!!Edited to add: I'm not sure if they have the systems but I know that Meijer & Toys R Us have free shipping if you spend over $49 or $50.

Last edited:
Stampaholic1961 said:
Just the system is usually around $250.00. I just went to Walmart.com and looked at that bundle. It's more expensive than the bundles last year!! It includes your choice of 6 games which is close to $300 of the price. I'm not sure what else is included that would make it that price!! To save on batteries, you might want to get the docking station for the remote that recharges it. One thing I DON'T recommend are the "skins" that go over the remote to make them different color. I bought 4 different colors so we could all have our own favorite color but unless they have redesigned them, they are a pain!! They are a rubbery material that you have to work to get on the remote. Then when you need to change the batteries, you have to struggle to get them off again. There is no opening to change the batteries!! At least one of ours got ripped in trying to get it off!!!

Edited to add: I'm not sure if they have the systems but I know that Meijer & Toys R Us have free shipping if you spend over $49 or $50.

Thanks so much, Bev. All of you have been so very helpful. I cannot BEGIN to tell you how grateful I am. I feel so much more prepared!;)

caynreth said:
The Wii is great! We had folks from age 5 up to age 45 all playing it together all day Thursday. There's something for everyone. It's definitely going on my shopping list for Yule! I, personally would NEVER buy an XBox of any type. I refuse to put money in Bill Gates pocket. Everything Microsoft makes is crap.

LOL! THAT was priceless!:balloon:

I bought theXbox Elite Bundle that came w 2 free games off of Amazon for $449. I also got an extra controller, The total price including the controller was $525 and Igot it in 2 days. Luckily we made $642 selling all his other sysems on e-bay!! We got a free month of the gold membership for free with the bundle as well.

smarteez2 said:
Xbox Elite Bundle that came w 2 free games off of Amazon for $449. I also got an extra controller, The total price including the controller was $525 and Igot it in 2 days. Luckily we made $642 selling all his other sysems on e-bay!! We got a free month of the gold membership for free with the bundle as well.

Wow Cynthia. That's incredible. I don't think I could get my son to part with his PS2!!!:cry:

If you decide to go the Ebay route, read descriptions carefully. People are sneaky! I was just looking on there & they are saying that you are getting 14 games with the system. I went to see what 14 games & discovered that the game that comes with all systems (Wii Sports) has 5 games. Wii Play has 9 games. Therefore you are getting 14 games!! That made me mad when I read that! If someone is in a hurry, they are going to think that they are getting 14 separate games when actually you are getting only 2!!

LOL it's funny that you say that....
Denarella said:
Wow Cynthia. That's incredible. I don't think I could get my son to part with his PS2!!!:cry:

The PS2 is the only system we didnt get rid of!! But not because of him but me!! I love the spyro games and Crash Bandacoot games!! Plus I will be taking it with me to Korea to use as my DVD player!! LOL

My husband is an abesolute EXPERT in all aspects of gaming with a wide range of systems, and was actually a manager of a Game Stop/ EB Games store for quite some time before moving on in the career world, so if you need any advise on SPECIFICS, etc. PLEASE Private Message me and I'm sure he would be SOOO HAPPY to help you! He loves using his vast gaming knowledge (hahahah :eek:p) To help people out, and most of all to prevent mistakes (over paying, or buying something crappy) that people would make if they weren't familiar with these types of things. I know that Xbox 360 and Wii are totally different systems with different pros and cons. I do know that Xbox is geared more towards the "adult" games, and some of them (I feel) are too.... hmm.... how do you say it... too violent or too hardcore for kids under a certain age... so it really would depend on what your son wants, and your parental standards. I know you've had a thousand and one responses to your quesetion, but like i said, we'd be happy to help just let us know!!!

Yours,

Brandi

I'm re-reading my post and I want to clarify... NOT ALL XBOX GAMES are too violent and hardcore! There are lots of decent games you can get for Xbox too... but I am mentally comparing it with the Wii in my head!!!!

B

Okay for all the experts on this thread, I've read that they have fixed the XBOX problems w/the ones manufactured after Aug. of this year, which are the ones that include the HDMI. I just purchased one for my son. I didn't get the Elite, I got the one w/the 20g drive. He has had a PS2 for years and never needed that much memory. I'm not going to let him play on-line, although he wants to. That is going to have to wait until he is older (he's almost 13). The only game I am considering getting him which is violent is Call of Duty 4. Anyone played this one? I know it's violent because it's a war game, but how gruesome? I've seen the older versions and they aren't extremly graphic from what I saw. I will be checking it out at the video store before I let him have it.

I forgot to mention - I will be purchasing him a cooler for his system. Hopefully this will keep it from having trouble. He has a freind and XBOX and he has never had any problems.

My DH has one, and loves it!!!!! He has the xbox 360. We had a problem with it one time, but we just sent it back to them and they sent it back to us as good as new :) Honestly, it probably came from him playing it nonstop...lol

They've gone down in price, but they're still pricey...definitely worth it though if your son will use it.

They've gone down in price, but they're still pricey...definitely worth it though if your son will use it.[/QUOTE]

LOL - no worries there! My son will use it non stop!! He already does his PS2and PSP!! He would really like a PS3, but we don't have an HD TV:)!!

By the way I wouldn't let him play as much as he does if he wasn't a straight A student. He gets the brains from my husband, not me:)!

Last edited:
<h2>1. What is the difference between XBox and other video gaming systems?</h2><p>XBox is a video gaming system created by Microsoft. It offers a variety of exclusive games and features compared to other gaming systems like PlayStation or Wii.</p><h2>2. Which XBox model should I get for my child?</h2><p>There are currently three models of XBox available: XBox 360, XBox One, and XBox Series X. If your child is just starting to get into gaming, the XBox 360 may be a good option as it is more affordable and has a large library of games. The XBox One and XBox Series X offer more advanced features and graphics, but they also come with a higher price tag.</p><h2>3. Is it true that XBox has a high rate of malfunctioning?</h2><p>While there have been reports of XBox consoles experiencing technical issues, it is not a common occurrence. Many factors can contribute to a malfunction, such as improper usage or power surges. It is always recommended to purchase a warranty or extended coverage for any electronic device.</p><h2>4. Can my child play XBox games with friends online?</h2><p>Yes, XBox offers online multiplayer features where your child can play with friends or other players from around the world. However, a subscription to XBox Live is required for this feature.</p><h2>5. Are there any parental controls on XBox?</h2><p>Yes, XBox has various parental control options that allow you to set limits on screen time, restrict access to certain games or content, and monitor your child's online activity. These settings can be managed through the console's settings or through the XBox Family Settings app.</p>

1. What is the difference between XBox and other video gaming systems?

XBox is a video gaming system created by Microsoft. It offers a variety of exclusive games and features compared to other gaming systems like PlayStation or Wii.

2. Which XBox model should I get for my child?

There are currently three models of XBox available: XBox 360, XBox One, and XBox Series X. If your child is just starting to get into gaming, the XBox 360 may be a good option as it is more affordable and has a large library of games. The XBox One and XBox Series X offer more advanced features and graphics, but they also come with a higher price tag.

3. Is it true that XBox has a high rate of malfunctioning?

While there have been reports of XBox consoles experiencing technical issues, it is not a common occurrence. Many factors can contribute to a malfunction, such as improper usage or power surges. It is always recommended to purchase a warranty or extended coverage for any electronic device.

4. Can my child play XBox games with friends online?

Yes, XBox offers online multiplayer features where your child can play with friends or other players from around the world. However, a subscription to XBox Live is required for this feature.

5. Are there any parental controls on XBox?

Yes, XBox has various parental control options that allow you to set limits on screen time, restrict access to certain games or content, and monitor your child's online activity. These settings can be managed through the console's settings or through the XBox Family Settings app.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Teresa Lynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jwpamp
Replies
Views
pcchris
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies