• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Argh! What Do I Do About This Unresponsive Host?!?

In summary, the host did not show up to the party and did not pay for her portion of the show. The previous host told the narrator that the host has some outside orders and will send them in the mail, but has not done so yet. The narrator is getting very worried and may have to submit the show without the host's order.
sailortena
Ok, here's the story. I did a show on Sept. 30 for this girl who wanted to have the party at the previous host's house that she booked from. No problem. I am able to reach her a couple of times before the party, and I also contact the previous host to reconfirm times.

When I get to the previous host's house the current host isn't there ... she runs in about 20 minutes with ingredients, and leaves again, to go take a shower since she got off work recently. She comes after the first couple of people get there.

She fills out her order form, and then she leaves AGAIN before the end of the party, saying she has to go back to work or something (is a waitress at a diner.) She tells me that she has some outside orders from her mother (that she didn't bring with her) and will put them in the mail to me.

Ok, here we are more than a week later. I have called the host twice, and emailed her once, saying I have not gotten any orders yet in the mail, and told her what she owes for her portion of the show, (which now stands at $350 with the orders I got AT the show).

Nada, no response.

I have cashed the checks from the people who have already ordered.

I have a policy to close no later than two weeks after the party, so people get their stuff in a decent amount of time.

If I don't hear from her, I am going to have to burden the past host on how to get in touch with her friend.

I also don't want to piss anyone off by submitting this show without the host's order or payment (she really wanted cookware at 60% off) but I am getting very nervous.

I have to submit something before the end of the month or I go inactive. And I don't want THAT to happen! I just got my 2% raise!

Any advice?

Sorry for the length. I would call my director but she is having lots of family problems right now and I don't want to burden her.

Call the friend (past host) today. It is no more burden than you worrying about it. Maybe she has some inside information that will help you out.

Luv2bake said:
Call the friend (past host) today. It is no more burden than you worrying about it. Maybe she has some inside information that will help you out.

Call the person whose house was used and talk to her. Ask if something's wrong or why she thinks the other gal isn't getting back to you. Explain the urgency of this. See if she can get her to call.

Alternately, leave another message with the host saying that you know she is busy but that the order must be sent in. Tell her that, if you don't hear from her with her other orders (remind her you did not get them in the mail) and her host order and payment for all, you will have to submit the orders you have without them and she will not be eligible for any of the free and discounted products. Explain that you don't want to do that but you need to get this submitted. I would have the show shipped to me in this case so that I can deliver to those who ordered. I would also call those who placed orders and explain that there was a problem with getting the final orders in and you apologize for the delay but their items will arrive within 2 weeks.

If she doesn't respond you could call the person whose home was used and ask her if she wants to use the benefits since someone should. BE CAREFUL!! They are friends. Care about the other girl and always listen to what her friend is saying and be compassionate but firm.

Beth could not have said it any better. I would do the same. You need to think about the others who have already placed orders and think they will get their items in a timely manner. I would personally call them and let them know of the delay.

I heard this from my upline (who is very successful). Obviously you have told her you would like to close the show. On your next call, tell her she has $40 in free products coming to her and since you did not hear from her, you have selected the food chopper, bamboo spoons, citrus peeler... for her. My bet is you will hear from her.

To tell you the truth, I am not sure I would be brave enough to make that call. Part of me wishes I could. I too have hosts that have just dropped off after the show and fail to close in a timely manner. It if very frustrating.

Good luck!

One more thought this one I think I would do. If she does not return your call just use her free $$ as a gift certificate made out to her. That way she can pick whatever she wants.

Latest update:I emailed the past host's friend, basically saying what everyone recommended ... and what do you know, within three hours the host calls me and gives me her debit card number for the amount that she owed in he show.She said her mother "lost" the orders that were taken, and were trying to see if they could recover them, and she would turn those in seperately.I have a feeling that I will never see those orders.LOL

I have a feeling your feeling may be right.

I am afraid this may happen to me. This host that I have for my show Fri has been terrible to work with. I was so excited when I first got her, but now I am not looking forward to doing her show. She booked off of the 2nd show that I ever did, in July, and she placed a $233 order. (side note - why do people who are going to host spend a ton of money before they get their discount-not that I'm complaining.) Anyway, she said she couldn't pick a date right than and I should call her. I left a few mwessages, but never a return call. I finally got ahold of her a few weeks later and all she could say was,"Well, I'm having a Luau party on 9/8, maybe you could do it then. I'll have to call you back."

Well, weeks passed and I never heard back from her. I called and left a few messages and didn't hear back until a few weeks after the 8th. She finally called and said, "Can I do a party on 11/2 ?" Unfortunatly, I had to tell her no, it was my DD 5th b-day. The woman was annoyed that I wouldn't do her show that day. She asked what dates I had in Nov. and said she would call me back. She never called back and I finally got ahold of her 4-5 days later. She was like, "What were those dates? I don't have tham anymore." I gave them to her again and she said she would call me back. A few days later she called back and had a date, 11/16. I sent her host packet right out and sent her a couple of e-mails. A week or 2 after sending out the packet I tried calleing a few times, only to leave messages and never have her call back.

She finally called me back today and said"This is ----, you called?" Like she had no idea what I could possibly need. I told her I wanted to know about her head count and discuss recipes. She says,"I don't know how many will come, I just told them to show up. I'm too busy for RSVPs. And what do you mean, recipes? Don't you just bring all the food?" I explained to her explained to her again about the host credit and gave her a few recipe options. She wanted to do 2 or 3. I said I usually only do 1, unless there will be 12 or more guests. Then all of a sudden she said that there were 10 confirmed and 5 unsure and 15-20 more she had not hear from yet.

Hopefully there will be a lot of people there to make this all worth my while. She lives over an hour away.

I almost forgot the best part. While I was on the phone w/her this last time, trying to get directions (new sub-no mapquest) her phone cut out. I waited a minute for her to call back and she didn't. So, I called her and she says,"Well, I had to start a meeting. I don't know whan I can get you directions. I'll try to get them to you in the next few days." Ahhhh, I don't know how to get there!!

Last edited:
I guess I just never realized some people are so flaky. I'm having the same kind of problems. 2 questions--why would someone have a party, earn free stuff, and then not close the party? You would think that they would want their free items. Secondly, why do people agree to have parties if they're not going to invite people and are going to avoid you? I would rather have a straight answer than to be strung along. Having people do this to you makes your job NOT fun.

Related to Argh! What Do I Do About This Unresponsive Host?!?

1. Why is my host unresponsive?

There could be many reasons why a host is unresponsive. They may be busy with work or personal commitments, they may have lost interest in hosting the party, or they may simply be overwhelmed with the planning process. It's important to communicate with your host to find out the reason for their lack of response.

2. How can I encourage my host to be more responsive?

One way to encourage your host to be more responsive is to offer them incentives for meeting certain goals, such as booking a certain number of guests or reaching a certain sales amount. You can also try reaching out to them through different channels, such as text or social media, if they are not responding through email or phone.

3. What should I do if my host cancels the party?

If your host cancels the party, it's important to stay calm and understanding. Let them know that you are disappointed, but also offer to help them reschedule the party for a later date. You can also offer to host a virtual party instead if they are unable to have an in-person event.

4. How can I salvage a party with an unresponsive host?

If your host is unresponsive but the party is still scheduled to happen, it's important to take matters into your own hands. Reach out to the guests and remind them about the party, offer them incentives to attend, and make sure to have a backup plan in case the host does not show up.

5. What should I do if I can't get in touch with my host at all?

If you are unable to get in touch with your host at all, it's important to reach out to your team leader or the company's customer service for assistance. They may be able to help you with finding a new host or rescheduling the party. It's also important to keep track of any communication attempts you have made with the host for record purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • Intrepid_Chef