• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are you struggling to find support for your business among friends and family?

I can't tell you how many people stop me because of that pin just to make a little comment, then I strike up a conversation to build that relationship. This business is all about relationships, people who like you, will want book with you. Get advertsing and talking! Hope that helps :)In summary, the conversation is about a young and single person who is struggling to find new customers for their PC business. They have exhausted their circle of friends and are looking for advice on how to expand their network and find potential customers. Some suggestions include joining groups, asking for referrals from friends, and wearing a PChef pin to attract potential customers. The conversation also emphasizes the importance of building relationships
cheferikab
Gold Member
I am single with no children. I work full time and I am ALWAYS around the same people. In getting my PC business started, I have hit a point where I have exhausted my circle. I am young and I am the only one of my friends who is interested in anything domestic. All of my friends came to my first (and last) show, but they really only came to be supportive. Most did not buy anything.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? If so, how do you handle it?

Erika

-Start joining some groups. It's good to branch out anyway.
-Ask the people you know to give you three names of people they know, and you don't, who may be interested in The PC. Ask for names and phone numbers and if you can get an address and e-mail that's good too.
-There was some great advice on here yesterday or earlier about walking up to people in the grocery store and asking them if they know anyone who sells PC. When they say "no" you give them a new mini catalog and get their address to send them a Season's Best cookbook. I'd love to try this, myself.

Let us know what happens.
JAE

Been there!
JAE said:
-Start joining some groups. It's good to branch out anyway.
-Ask the people you know to give you three names of people they know, and you don't, who may be interested in The PC. Ask for names and phone numbers and if you can get an address and e-mail that's good too.
-There was some great advice on here yesterday or earlier about walking up to people in the grocery store and asking them if they know anyone who sells PC. When they say "no" you give them a new mini catalog and get their address to send them a Season's Best cookbook. I'd love to try this, myself.

Let us know what happens.
JAE

very good ideas JAE.

I was young and single when I first started PChef about 3 years ago. Just graduated from College with my associates degree in business and working one full time job and one part time job. I had absolutely no luck with my friends either as I was the only one in the group in a "domestic" state of mind. I focused around my family to get me started and I made sure to ask them to also invite people I didn't know to their shows. My family saw a lot of my shows withikn the first 6 months, however, I'm hardly ever doing shows for family now three years later. (And I like it better that way, less pressure!)

It's important to break out of your comfort zone and just start talking to random people. My number one business tip to find business is wear a PChef pin everywhere you go! I can't tell you how many people stop me because of that pin just to make a little comment, then I strike up a conversation to build that relationship. This business is all about relationships, people who like you, will want book with you. Get advertsing and talking! Hope that helps :)

I am young and single, no kids....etc. When I first started, I exhausted my friends and family, and hit a bit of a slump, but then it started picking back up again after I started leaving off catalogs, sending out newsletters, offered some booking bonuses, and I am also close enough (hour and 15 mins) to my hometown that I was able to start promoting there. Now I have two circles going... I do hometown shows on the weekends, and shows locally during the week and sometimes on the weekends.Start wearing a catalog tote as a purse, drop catalogs off everywhere you go, and definitely ask for referrals! It will pick up, I promise :)

OhmyDLM said:
very good ideas JAE.

I was young and single when I first started PChef about 3 years ago. Just graduated from College with my associates degree in business and working one full time job and one part time job. I had absolutely no luck with my friends either as I was the only one in the group in a "domestic" state of mind. I focused around my family to get me started and I made sure to ask them to also invite people I didn't know to their shows. My family saw a lot of my shows withikn the first 6 months, however, I'm hardly ever doing shows for family now three years later. (And I like it better that way, less pressure!)

It's important to break out of your comfort zone and just start talking to random people. My number one business tip to find business is wear a PChef pin everywhere you go! I can't tell you how many people stop me because of that pin just to make a little comment, then I strike up a conversation to build that relationship. This business is all about relationships, people who like you, will want book with you. Get advertsing and talking! Hope that helps :)

This is my #1 tip too! I have gotten more "Outside of shows" business through wearing my PC pin, than through all clothing, totes, etc...combined! I LOVE my PC pin!

I'd go one better - carry the catalog tote wherever you go! That is even better. You can showcase the catalog but I usually give out the mini instead of my business card. With the new products ie. the new cookware, that should pique some interest. I even got a recruit that way!

I'm single... won't say young! :) When I re-started my PC biz when I moved to MI (I actually had to sign a new agreement because I had been inactive just over a year and that's when you had to put names on your agreement... I put my mom, and my two sisters and three people I had never met but knew of!) When I moved to MI after being gone for 14 years, I knew NO ONE! What I did that helped me branch out was to send the invites for my hosts and to address the invitation to MARY JONES AND GUEST. It was the guests from the shows that got me really rolling!

Also try to promote to director AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! The Home Office Leads are an amazing resource and I have gotten so many new circles from those... more than I could have imagined!!!!

Thanks for the advice. I do carry the catalog tote EVERYWHERE. I don't have any tshirts or pins yet.I have my family doing catalog shows because my closest family is 1000 miles away. I would love to branch out more, but it's hard since I am also working on my PhD, between work, school, PC and the occasional nap, I don't have any social time.I hope that things will eventually break. I was just wondering how people handle not having kids' friends' parents to gain business from. Thanks for your help!

My director is single/no kids, and has a very busy FT job (w/a lot of travel) and is also going to school for her masters. I don't know how she does it, personally, but she does it! She has great sales with PC (about 4 shows a month - probably $2500 - $3000 in comm. sales per month of her own sales), and she has probably 10 - 15 people on her team at any given time. She recruits regularly, and her FT job is a great resource for her bookings and recruiting. Everyone knows she's the "PC Lady" and she talks about it everywhere (keeping it professional, of course - she works where I used to work before my 2nd son was born, and it's a VERY conservative co.!). Don't limit yourself to just the people who you are friends with at work - talk to everyone about it (the secretary, your boss, whoever!). Good luck and best wishes to you! I wish I had started this business when I was single - wow, the time I could have dedicated to it then, instead of worrying about childcare issues and hubby "missing" me while I'm at my shows!!! ;)

Erika, keep us posted.

Single no kids and new area too...I know/hear where you're coming from. I used to leave "lead boxes" at area establishments, work at events like I work for a hospital at my reg. job and they hold a garage type sale so I have a table set up there for leads, etc. too. I talk about PC everywhere I go and get extremely excited too. My boyfriend kept trying to ask me about it and I blew him off, never do that, great resource at times :)

Good Luck!

Liz:cool:

I'm pretty much in the same situation, but still taking a shot at it. I work 45-50 hours a week, and my job is pretty much a dead-end for leads, as I work in automotive and am one of the only females employed there :( . Knowing that I couldn't depend on my coworkers to let their wives know about my new career, I purchased the New Business Postcards from Merrill and mailed them to all the wives (as well as everyone on my Christmas card list that I'm not close enough to just call and chat).

I don't have the catalog tote yet, but I am ordering it with my next supply order, seems like a must have!

I just told my family that if they hosted a party and had at least 3 people attend that I didn't know, I wouldn't ask them to host a party again. It has worked so far, I got a few bookings!

That's great. I wish my family was close enough to host a kitchen show for me!

As far as an update, I haven't really had the time to do anything because I am working on a portion of my dissertation that I have to submit on Tuesday. I will let you know when I have the chance to unglue myself from my computer and the library!

I am married no kids. i love it! To kick start my biz I started doing some boothes at where ever I coulld find them for leads. I also give my business card to every cashier and tell her I would love to teach her and her friends an easy recipe and that gets bookings, too. Church? Go!!! There is a multitude of people who need you!! Workout? Start!! People will see your workout bag...Pampered Chef..I say I LOVE PC! and you will say, I would love to teach you an easy recipe let's invite some of your friends over and make a recipe.. Got it?

1. What products do you recommend for single individuals without kids?

For single individuals without kids, we recommend our smaller-sized kitchen tools and cookware. These include our Mini Mix N Scraper, Mini Measure-All Cup, and Mini Deep Covered Baker. We also have single-serving cookware options like our Mini Quick Cooker and Mini Baker Set.

2. Can your products be used for meal prep for one person?

Yes, our products are perfect for meal prep for one person. Our Quick Cooker and Deep Covered Baker can be used to cook single servings of meals like soups, stews, and casseroles. Our Mix N Chop and Food Chopper are great for chopping and preparing ingredients for single meals.

3. Do you have any tips for cooking for one person?

We recommend investing in smaller-sized kitchen tools and cookware, as well as buying and cooking in bulk and freezing portions for later. Our Quick Cooker and Food Chopper are also great for making single servings of meals quickly and easily.

4. Are there any recipes specifically designed for single individuals without kids?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes on our website that are perfect for single individuals without kids. These include one-pot meals, single serving desserts, and quick and easy recipes that can be made in our smaller-sized cookware.

5. Can your products help with portion control for single individuals without kids?

Definitely! Our portion control products, like our Mini Measure-All Cup and Mini Quick Cooker, are perfect for individuals looking to control their portions. We also offer a variety of portion control recipes on our website to help you maintain a healthy and balanced diet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
merego
  • bearhall04
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
bearhall04