• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You a Jillian, Jennifer or Teresa?

In summary, the Cooking Show styles have a lot to offer new consultants. If you are a Jillian's style then you should try to do more of an interactive show. If you are a Jennifer's style then you should try to include guests more and have them try the products.
finley1991
After watching the Cooking Shows in Action DVD, please post which style best reflects your own way of doing shows...

PS: New consultants in their first 90 days will receive their DVD at the end of their 90 day period (I believe that is what HO said!)

Thanks for sharing!

I don't have my DVD yet... :(

Mine's at home, it will probably be Friday before I can watch it.

Just got mine today, so cute it came with popcorn!

Haven't watched them all yet, but I wanted to say that I'm an Ann. :DI love that HO gave us materials with 3 very different styles so that we can adapt shows to suit our style and our hosts/customers needs the best.

The only one I've watched so far was Jennifer's & I LOVE the style!! I'm definately trying that at my next show (Sat). :p I'm going to watch at least 1 more tonight, then maybe the last one tomorrow!! They're long, but I really like how it takes you from the setup to the order taking!! YAY!!

finley1991 said:
After watching the Cooking Shows in Action DVD, please post which style best reflects your own way of doing shows...

PS: New consultants in their first 90 days will receive their DVD at the end of their 90 day period (I believe that is what HO said!)
Thanks for sharing!

If we signed in Dec and got the bonus 30 days...does that mean I won't get the DVD until after 120? :eek: :( :cry:

I want to watch it now! From what I hear...it would be beneficial to new consultants, wouldn't it?

I am a Jillian's style but want to be more like Theresa's! I love that interactive format!

I haven't received my DVD yet so I don't know :cry:

I'm going to have to stay up til midnight if I want to watch it uninterrupted...and what would be the point in that, because I'd fall asleep anyway.....I'll have to figure out a time when I can watch it - but it may take a week or so to carve out some time - how long is it?

I just watched them all and I have to say that I really liked Jennifer's show style. I was really into watching them and took all day to watch them. :thumbup:

I'm just like Jillian - too bad I'm not an Executive Director like her:)! If I have mulitple shows w/the same group I'll do something different like a Survior Show which is hands on!

To answer the poll, I would have to say I am a Jillian. I was up until Midnight watching it last night, and only watched Jillian's segment for a couple minutes after the nachos came out of the oven. I did not see much interaction going on between her and the guests to call it a real hands on "interactive show. This is how my shows have been in the past.

However, I have changed that with my last six shows. They were probably like Teresa's, but a little more chaotic than that. I had started out by placing guests in different stations immediately, and then kind of assembling the recipe myself.

After watching the video, and having a "live" demo done by one of the directors at my recent cluster meeting, I now have a better picture of how to organize my show. It will probably end up being a slight mix of Teresa and Jennifer's style. (But I won't be bringing too many extra products, like Teresa does)

Colleen, what about you? which style are you?

*sigh* My plan was to watch at least part of it this morning before DS got up - but of course, this morning he decided to get up before the sun.....so we are watching Curious George instead.

(we are a one TV, one DVD player family)

Bren706 said:
Colleen, what about you? which style are you?

Since Leadership, I've been about half Jillian and half Jennifer. I used to be the lecture-series type consultant where I did EVERYTHING! When I do the Jillian style now though, I am more intentional about having people try the products instead of just me doing the entire demo. I do find though that I get better feedback and more bookings when I do the Jennifer style. I really think it's the getting the guests INVOLVED that makes the difference.

Case in point: At my Jan 31st show, before we started I was chatting with some of the guests and a lady said that she wanted the forged 5" knife. I told her that when it came time to use it in the demo, I'd have her come up and do it so she could try it out. She groaned. So the time came for her to try it out by slicing a red pepper into strips. As she was doing that with the 5" knife, I held up the Santoku and talked about that. She stopped slicing and just looked at me.... I asked her if everything was okay and she said, "Yes... but I want to try THAT knife!" So I handed her to Santoku and she finished up her task. End of story... she bought both the 5" and Santoku and here's the clincher... she told me that she NEVER would have bought a $70 knife by just watching me use it. HO is right... get the tools into their hands and they will buy them!

I really like the variety of ideas that they have given us... I really think it's going to help everyone's businesses!

Last edited:
I just watched Jennifer today & I already do my shows almost identical to her. I was pretty excited that I actually had the right idea about this type show. I love it!!

heat123 said:
I am a Jillian's style but want to be more like Theresa's! I love that interactive format!

EXACTLY!!! I couldn't have said it better :) I have NOT received mine yet (stinkin PO Box address) but, I watched them at Leadership and was very impressed at how useful the three different styles would be to new counsultants as well as we "the seasoned" ones...

Last edited:
My shows are like Jillian's, but after watching the DVD I'm changing over to Jennifer's. I've now have had two shows doing it Jennifer's way and have had wonderful reviews from the guests and have enjoyed doing my shows even more.

I really wanted my next show to be interactive but it turns out my host has 15 people coming and a small kitchen so I can't do it in front of them or with them (doing the nood skillet) so I am premaking it then going over the recipe and products as they eat.

Jennifer's was my favoriteMy shows have been more of me "lecturing" more like Jillians but I really came away in love with Jennifer and Teresa's shows. I will be using their methods for sure. I don't know that I want to take everything I own to the shows so I think I will try and get a feel from my hosts about the products they really want to try out and bring those for sure as well as what I need for the recipe and then some of the ones I absolutely love or cannot live without.

Side note I loved Jillian's game, does anyone else do this game? What word do you find yourself using all the time...what about LOVE ???

i am such a dork!!!i voted before reading what it was about!!!!! talk about mom brain - or should i say lack of?!?!?! just so you know - one vote for jennifer is only there b/c that's my name!! i haven't watched the dvd yet!!! i don't know whether to laugh or cry at myself!! probably a little of both!!! :)

Hey Becky! Can't you watch the DVD on your computer while DS watches Curious George? My 10 year old DS likes to watch my PC DVD's.

purrbal said:
My shows have been more of me "lecturing" more like Jillians but I really came away in love with Jennifer and Teresa's shows. I will be using their methods for sure. I don't know that I want to take everything I own to the shows so I think I will try and get a feel from my hosts about the products they really want to try out and bring those for sure as well as what I need for the recipe and then some of the ones I absolutely love or cannot live without.

Side note I loved Jillian's game, does anyone else do this game? What word do you find yourself using all the time...what about LOVE ???
Shannon...are you asking about how we RUN our shows...or about our personalilities?

I want my dvd:cry:

JAE said:
Hey Becky! Can't you watch the DVD on your computer while DS watches Curious George? My 10 year old DS likes to watch my PC DVD's.

I could if he didn't have to be climbing all over me whenever I am on the computer.....if I went into another room to watch - he would be there with me.....he's my little buddy!:rolleyes:

I havent been with PC for 90 days & got mine

Yea! I was able to watch one segment this morning.......I chose to watch Teresa, because that was the one that intrigued me the most. What fun! I want to do my shows like that!!! I loved the way she did her show from beginning to end, and I can't wait to try this next week! It is a format I could be comfortable with - I can see myself doing shows this way.

I have 3 shows next week - only one more this week, and it's a Bridal Shower, so need to stick to my Bridal Show format for that one.

The only thing is, did you notice how she had multiples of products for people to try? More than one person using the veggie peeler, the finger guard, etc....? I wonder if I can keep people interested with only one doing any one task.....although, I love that she had the potatoes for people to just play with if they weren't helping with the recipe - I think that would be totally doable.

I voted for Jillian b/c that's more my style for now but I'd really like to do a combo of the other two. I think Jillian talked about the inexpensive items way more than I would've though.

These ARE coming separately, right? I haven't gotten mine then unless it's buried in my supply order?

Jules711 said:
These ARE coming separately, right? I haven't gotten mine then unless it's buried in my supply order?
Yes...came in the mail by itself!

I voted for Jennifer too...I really liked this DVD and how they showed a little of the pre show stuff, and closing out with each guest!

I really liked Jennifer's style. I tried this at my last show and it went over amazing. The show was small but it was great letting them to all the recipe preparation and I only did the talking about the recipe. It was great!!!!

Very interestingI just started in mid February. I got the DVD two days ago.

Ginger:chef:

Good ideasKelly,I like your ideas about sending out invites for shows yourself and following up too. Now, you let the host pay for postage right? Ginger

Heather,

Do you have a single electric burner? You can purchase them at WalMart. They are great for when you are in the living room or othe room that the kitchen.

Well, I've watched them all now, and I have to still go with Teresa. Actually, I didn't even watch all of Jennifer's - I got bored, and was even getting a bit annoyed. It just seemed tedious to me. But I've been accused before of having some adult ADHD.:rolleyes: Jillian's style was just too much talking.....I get tired of hearing my own voice too quickly, and so I don't think I could ever talk that much at a show.

I just finished watching all 3 shows. There are bits I like from all of them. I think I would be really comfortable with Jennifer's style of show, but I really liked Teresa's, too. It looked like a lot of fun. I liked Jillian's recipe ideas interspersed at her show.

I'm embarrassed to say this, but I can't watch the dvd. I've tried watching a number of times, and every single time I turn it on I fall asleep!:eek: I don't know what it is - I don't even get through ten minutes before I'm out cold!

LOL - think I need more sleep at night...

I use the word "AWESOME" because i do use that word a lot. Sometimes during the show I will just shout out "awesome awesome awesome" to get everyones attention. It is cute to see them all scrambling to figure out how many times I said the word and who should end up with the prize. I have been playing that game for awhile and i love it.

ChefAlicia said:
I use the word "AWESOME" because i do use that word a lot. Sometimes during the show I will just shout out "awesome awesome awesome" to get everyones attention. It is cute to see them all scrambling to figure out how many times I said the word and who should end up with the prize. I have been playing that game for awhile and i love it.

That was the one thing I took away from Jillian's segment that I want to use. It's a fun way to keep everyone's attention - but it doesn't seem too "gamey" to me - I usually don't like playing games - but I like this idea.

I am going to use the small bamboo spoon set from Supply Order, and I'm trying to decide whether to use "incredible", or "favorite" - since I know I use those 2 words alot during my shows. I get teased by guests about the fact that everything I use or show is my "favorite".:rolleyes: And I am always describing something as "incredible"....."You will get incredible results" - "This will give it the most incredible flavor".......I want to do this at my show tonight, so I'll have to decide before then!

dianevill said:
I'm embarrassed to say this, but I can't watch the dvd. I've tried watching a number of times, and every single time I turn it on I fall asleep!:eek: I don't know what it is - I don't even get through ten minutes before I'm out cold!

I haven't watched it either. I got through 20 minutes of the first show last Thursday after DH went to bed since I didn't have to work the next day. Couldn't keep my eyes open much longer but it was really late. I need to get DH to hook the DVD player in the bedroom so I can watch it in there while he's playing his PS3.

dianevill said:

The only segment that kept my interest enough to keep me awake all the way through it was Theresa's......I got bored and sleepy with the other 2, and I was watching in the morning!:eek: I've never finished watching Jennifer's...waaaaay too slow for me!

I watched the first two cooking shows while I was walking on the treadmill. That helped me to not fall asleep! And, it helped make the treadmill walking seem to go faster. I can't wait to exercise outside again. Anyway, I am totally a Teresa. I noticed how she jumped around and was forgetting things. It seemed a little chaotic at times, but it was fun for the guests. I thought Jennifer's was a little slow and a little dull, but she was very deliberate and probably didn't forget things because of it. Not my style, though. I haven't watched the last one, yet. I'll probably wait until I do the treadmill thing again. (I use my neighbor's treadmill, and today I'm staying home to do Pilates, eventually.)

JAE said:
I watched the first two cooking shows while I was walking on the treadmill. That helped me to not fall asleep! And, it helped make the treadmill walking seem to go faster. I can't wait to exercise outside again. Anyway, I am totally a Teresa. I noticed how she jumped around and was forgetting things. It seemed a little chaotic at times, but it was fun for the guests. I thought Jennifer's was a little slow and a little dull, but she was very deliberate and probably didn't forget things because of it. Not my style, though. I haven't watched the last one, yet. I'll probably wait until I do the treadmill thing again. (I use my neighbor's treadmill, and today I'm staying home to do Pilates, eventually.)

Was Jennifer the first one? Did the nutty caramel brownies?

wadesgirl said:
Was Jennifer the first one? Did the nutty caramel brownies?
Yes, Jennifer was the first one. Jillian is the last one, and I haven't watched it yet.

JAE said:
Yes, Jennifer was the first one. Jillian is the last one, and I haven't watched it yet.

Then I agree with you on Jennifer, it was a little boring and slow going. I do my interactive show sort of the same way only I set up stations around the table so I don't have to call people to come forward. I need to watch the rest of them!

wadesgirl said:
Then I agree with you on Jennifer, it was a little boring and slow going. I do my interactive show sort of the same way only I set up stations around the table so I don't have to call people to come forward. I need to watch the rest of them!
Yes, I thought having the people come over by her to do the job was the tedious part. It's already uncomfortable for people to be in the spotlight (some people), so let them have a little comfort in their own spot.

JAE said:
Yes, I thought having the people come over by her to do the job was the tedious part. It's already uncomfortable for people to be in the spotlight (some people), so let them have a little comfort in their own spot.

That is what I thought too - it took time to have each person come up to do each step, and I thought it made the demo longer, not shorter.

I have done a couple interactive shows ( and I have one tonight - yea!) and I just have everyone stand around the table or island, and we pass the recipe around to the different stations as we are working on it, and are working on more than one thing at a time. I would get a couple people going on one part of the recipe, and then start in with the next part. Tonight we are doing the Mini Pesto Pizzas and Cran-Rasp. Fizz, and my host is SO excited about getting to try out the UM, and some of the other products!

JAE - that may be why I like Theresa's the best too - I tend to jump around and go with the flow at shows.....so being as methodical as Jennifer would never work for me!

Yes, Becky. Watching Teresa was great because it helped me feel better about the way I do things. I am diagnosed ADHD, and by the time I do my shows the meds have worn off!

Since you use both words, I would keep changing which word you use so that if some of the same people are attending other shows it will not get boring for them also. Especially since you like using both words.

I always use the word awesome so it fits in very nicely to use.

Good luck with trying it out.:balloon:

<h2>1. What is the "Cooking Shows in Action" DVD?</h2><p>The "Cooking Shows in Action" DVD is a resource provided by Pampered Chef for consultants to learn how to effectively host cooking shows and showcase products to customers. It features real-life cooking shows and demonstrations from experienced consultants.</p><h2>2. How can I get a copy of the "Cooking Shows in Action" DVD?</h2><p>If you are a new consultant in your first 90 days, you will automatically receive a copy of the DVD at the end of your 90 day period. If you are not a new consultant, you can purchase the DVD from the Pampered Chef website or through your consultant.</p><h2>3. What does the "Are You a Jillian, Jennifer or Teresa?" mean?</h2><p>The names Jillian, Jennifer, and Teresa represent three different styles of hosting cooking shows. They are used as a way to help consultants identify which style they may lean towards and how to improve their shows based on that style.</p><h2>4. Can I learn from the "Cooking Shows in Action" DVD even if I am not a consultant?</h2><p>Yes, the DVD is available for purchase to anyone interested in learning how to host effective cooking shows. However, it is specifically tailored towards Pampered Chef consultants and their products.</p><h2>5. Which style from the DVD best reflects my own way of doing shows?</h2><p>This is a personal preference and may vary for each consultant. It is recommended to watch the DVD and take notes on each style to see which one aligns with your own way of hosting shows. You can also experiment with different styles to see which one resonates best with your audience.</p>

Related to Are You a Jillian, Jennifer or Teresa?

1. What is the "Cooking Shows in Action" DVD?

The "Cooking Shows in Action" DVD is a resource provided by Pampered Chef for consultants to learn how to effectively host cooking shows and showcase products to customers. It features real-life cooking shows and demonstrations from experienced consultants.

2. How can I get a copy of the "Cooking Shows in Action" DVD?

If you are a new consultant in your first 90 days, you will automatically receive a copy of the DVD at the end of your 90 day period. If you are not a new consultant, you can purchase the DVD from the Pampered Chef website or through your consultant.

3. What does the "Are You a Jillian, Jennifer or Teresa?" mean?

The names Jillian, Jennifer, and Teresa represent three different styles of hosting cooking shows. They are used as a way to help consultants identify which style they may lean towards and how to improve their shows based on that style.

4. Can I learn from the "Cooking Shows in Action" DVD even if I am not a consultant?

Yes, the DVD is available for purchase to anyone interested in learning how to host effective cooking shows. However, it is specifically tailored towards Pampered Chef consultants and their products.

5. Which style from the DVD best reflects my own way of doing shows?

This is a personal preference and may vary for each consultant. It is recommended to watch the DVD and take notes on each style to see which one aligns with your own way of hosting shows. You can also experiment with different styles to see which one resonates best with your audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tpchefrebecca
  • andrealynne719
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
andrealynne719
  • ahammons