• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You a Jillian, Jennifer or Teresa?

In summary, the Cooking Show styles have a lot to offer new consultants. If you are a Jillian's style then you should try to do more of an interactive show. If you are a Jennifer's style then you should try to include guests more and have them try the products.
I liked Jennifer's the best. Jillian's was similar to what I am doing now. I thought Teresa's was all over the place. A little to chaotic for me - So Jennifer....:thumbup: :thumbup:

So, tonight, I used the word "incredible". It was fun.
I think I've finally found a game I can comfortable play at my shows!

The mini pesto pizzas and Cran-Raspberry Fizz make a good interactive demo too. Everyone liked playing with the UM, and the Quick Stir....and they loved the knives. I think I can sell way more knives now that I actually have guests using them.

So did you sell knives tonight? I like letting people use the Citrus Press and the MAG, two of my faves.

ChefBeckyD said:
That is what I thought too - it took time to have each person come up to do each step, and I thought it made the demo longer, not shorter.

I have done a couple interactive shows ( and I have one tonight - yea!) and I just have everyone stand around the table or island, and we pass the recipe around to the different stations as we are working on it, and are working on more than one thing at a time. I would get a couple people going on one part of the recipe, and then start in with the next part. Tonight we are doing the Mini Pesto Pizzas and Cran-Rasp. Fizz, and my host is SO excited about getting to try out the UM, and some of the other products!

JAE - that may be why I like Theresa's the best too - I tend to jump around and go with the flow at shows.....so being as methodical as Jennifer would never work for me!
Totally agree, I liked Therea's style the best, even though I am a Jillian I want to be more like Theresa and have interactive shows from here on out! Too bad it's not happened yet in 2 shows since watching it, but soon I hope!:p

JAE said:
So did you sell knives tonight? I like letting people use the Citrus Press and the MAG, two of my faves.

I booked a show because someone wants the whole set......There were 5 guests there, and I got 3 bookings! People had so much fun playing with the tools! One of the other bookings was someone who wants the UM, and the other was to get the Salad Spinner.....oh - and I really got 4 bookings, because one of the guests decided to wait until the booking for March held, and book her April show from there, so that the March Host can get the salad spinner too! What a fun night when everyone books! (the only person who didn't was a guest of someone - so hey, she might be waiting until the friend she came with has a show, and book from her!:D )

And JAE - what is MAG? My brain isn't figuring that one out......

Microplane Adjustable Grater

chefann said:
Microplane Adjustable Grater

Thanks Ann - silly me....only half a cup of coffee this morning - better go get some more!

And yes - we did use the MAG last night. At my show earlier this week, we used it, and I sold 5, but last night, everyone had more of an attitude of "Oh, that's just too much work"......guess it just depends on the crowd.

:confused:
ChefBeckyD said:
I booked a show because someone wants the whole set......There were 5 guests there, and I got 3 bookings! People had so much fun playing with the tools! One of the other bookings was someone who wants the UM, and the other was to get the Salad Spinner.....oh - and I really got 4 bookings, because one of the guests decided to wait until the booking for March held, and book her April show from there, so that the March Host can get the salad spinner too! What a fun night when everyone books! (the only person who didn't was a guest of someone - so hey, she might be waiting until the friend she came with has a show, and book from her!:D )

Awesome Becky! Congrats! See this is exactly why I want to start doing these! How are you approaching the host: telling them your new style or asking them if it's ok?

heat123 said:
:confused:
Awesome Becky! Congrats! See this is exactly why I want to start doing these! How are you approaching the host: telling them your new style or asking them if it's ok?

This is how I've been approaching it:

"Hey Peggy, for your show, I'd like to try out this great new format from PC - a sorta 'try it before you buy it' type of show. Instead of me standing up in front of your friends, and doing all of the talking and cooking, I'd like to gather everyone around the table, and have everyone use the tools and play with them, and help me put the recipe together - does that sound like fun to you?"

Now, this host was really wanting to get her hands on the UM, and she thought it sounded like a lot of fun. So far, I haven't had anyone say no to it. Alot of them have been to PC shows, and/or hosted shows - so trying a different format sounds like fun to them. Everyone seems to laugh more and joke around - which is how I like my shows to be. It's making shows more fun for me too!

One thing I've noticed, which has surprised me, is that they are actually more attentive when we go sit down, and go over other info. I think it's because they've been able to socialize, and have fun around the table - and also because they are now REALLY interested in how they can get the tools they just played with for free or discounted!

I haven't actually watched the video, but I have listened to it in the car a few times. The one thing that struck me that last time I listened to it was when Jillian was giving recruiting information to someone. Can you imagine that person's face when they actually look at the info and realize that the person that just did the demo is ALL OVER the recruiting info?!?!?! That would make me soooo intimidated.

I just finally watched the rest of Teresa's. I'm not her, she's a little to dry for me. The last part of her show seemed to drag on and on and on... Oops, just feel asleep again. Now I just need to find time to watch the other two.

Katie...I thought about that too!

How do you think Jillian feels handing over a picture of herself? Not sure how I would react to that. But, it's a great "dilema" to have!! LOL

KellyTheChef said:
Katie...I thought about that too!

How do you think Jillian feels handing over a picture of herself? Not sure how I would react to that. But, it's a great "dilema" to have!! LOL

Someday!!!

However, I really didn't like her style of show. I've been trying to get guests involved for the last few months (before PC told me to... aren't I such the trendsetter?!?!?!:D ), but really liked how Jennifer does what I think is a happy-medium of Teresa's show, which felt like pure chaos to me and Jillian's show, which felt very boring.

wadesgirl said:
I just finally watched the rest of Teresa's. I'm not her, she's a little to dry for me. The last part of her show seemed to drag on and on and on... Oops, just feel asleep again. Now I just need to find time to watch the other two.

Wow! If you thought Teresa's was dry, you better load up on caffeine for the other two!

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow! If you thought Teresa's was dry, you better load up on caffeine for the other two!
:indif: Thanks for the warning! I finally got DH to hook up the extra DVD player in the bedroom so I finished watching it while I was folding laundry last night. Her 2nd part of the show just seemed so repetitive and drawn out. Figured I would start watching one of the others while I'm finishing laundry tonight.

I have got some great ideas from Teresa's so far.

Oops! Realized last night that I had been watching Jennifer not Teresa! AH! I started watching Teresa's show, I really like her's better but still think it looked a little chaotic. I have done my similar but I set up cards for people to follow the steps rather than just haphazardly doing everything. I'll have to finish watching hers and watch Jillian's.

I STILL haven't received mine!:cry: Calling and emailing don't seem to help. Odd b/c they are usually pretty quick!

<h2>1. What is the "Cooking Shows in Action" DVD?</h2><p>The "Cooking Shows in Action" DVD is a resource provided by Pampered Chef for consultants to learn how to effectively host cooking shows and showcase products to customers. It features real-life cooking shows and demonstrations from experienced consultants.</p><h2>2. How can I get a copy of the "Cooking Shows in Action" DVD?</h2><p>If you are a new consultant in your first 90 days, you will automatically receive a copy of the DVD at the end of your 90 day period. If you are not a new consultant, you can purchase the DVD from the Pampered Chef website or through your consultant.</p><h2>3. What does the "Are You a Jillian, Jennifer or Teresa?" mean?</h2><p>The names Jillian, Jennifer, and Teresa represent three different styles of hosting cooking shows. They are used as a way to help consultants identify which style they may lean towards and how to improve their shows based on that style.</p><h2>4. Can I learn from the "Cooking Shows in Action" DVD even if I am not a consultant?</h2><p>Yes, the DVD is available for purchase to anyone interested in learning how to host effective cooking shows. However, it is specifically tailored towards Pampered Chef consultants and their products.</p><h2>5. Which style from the DVD best reflects my own way of doing shows?</h2><p>This is a personal preference and may vary for each consultant. It is recommended to watch the DVD and take notes on each style to see which one aligns with your own way of hosting shows. You can also experiment with different styles to see which one resonates best with your audience.</p>

Related to Are You a Jillian, Jennifer or Teresa?

1. What is the "Cooking Shows in Action" DVD?

The "Cooking Shows in Action" DVD is a resource provided by Pampered Chef for consultants to learn how to effectively host cooking shows and showcase products to customers. It features real-life cooking shows and demonstrations from experienced consultants.

2. How can I get a copy of the "Cooking Shows in Action" DVD?

If you are a new consultant in your first 90 days, you will automatically receive a copy of the DVD at the end of your 90 day period. If you are not a new consultant, you can purchase the DVD from the Pampered Chef website or through your consultant.

3. What does the "Are You a Jillian, Jennifer or Teresa?" mean?

The names Jillian, Jennifer, and Teresa represent three different styles of hosting cooking shows. They are used as a way to help consultants identify which style they may lean towards and how to improve their shows based on that style.

4. Can I learn from the "Cooking Shows in Action" DVD even if I am not a consultant?

Yes, the DVD is available for purchase to anyone interested in learning how to host effective cooking shows. However, it is specifically tailored towards Pampered Chef consultants and their products.

5. Which style from the DVD best reflects my own way of doing shows?

This is a personal preference and may vary for each consultant. It is recommended to watch the DVD and take notes on each style to see which one aligns with your own way of hosting shows. You can also experiment with different styles to see which one resonates best with your audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tpchefrebecca
  • andrealynne719
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
andrealynne719
  • ahammons