• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are There Any Nascar Fans Here?

In summary, Dale Earnhardt Jr. is leaving his family's race team, DEI. He has been negotiating to extend his contract with the team, but has decided to leave in order to pursue other opportunities.
Miss Cori
I was just wondering if any one on here watched nascar and if so what do you think about Dale Earnhardt Jr. leaving DEI?

(or am I the only girl on here who watches it):D

I can't believe he is leaving!!! I don't care for Jr., but I loved Dale!! It's so wrong of him to leave like this!

I have a grown love for Nascar, my husband loves Gordon. Me I think Khane is hot! I think it sucks that he is not doing well.

Now I am not a Jr. fan, but I think that Jr. is doing what's best for him and that sometimes his step mom is not supportive of him. We always don't know what the full story is and what happens behind the scenes.

pamperedalf said:
I have a grown love for Nascar, my husband loves Gordon. Me I think Khane is hot! I think it sucks that he is not doing well.

Now I am not a Jr. fan, but I think that Jr. is doing what's best for him and that sometimes his step mom is not supportive of him. We always don't know what the full story is and what happens behind the scenes.

Thats exactly what I think. I am sure that there has to be something we all dont know if he is going to leave his family's race team. Just my opinion

He's leaving DEI?! Last I heard was that he got 51% of the company. Wow! I will have to have my DH find out what's going on.

I personally am a Jimmie Johnson fan. When you mention NASCAR my three year old automatically say's "Jimmie Johnson's my driver!" DH likes Kevin Harvick and we both love Kasey Kahne.

We have a fantasy racing team and it is a blast to play. So far, I am kickin' butt!:)

Miss Cori said:
Thats exactly what I think. I am sure that there has to be something we all dont know if he is going to leave his family's race team. Just my opinion
I don't know why he is leaving, but he owns MOST of the company! It just doesn't make sense.

pamperedtraci said:
I don't know why he is leaving, but he owns MOST of the company! It just doesn't make sense.

Has to do with the way his step-mother is running the company I think. I think it's sad really. He should have inherited everything to do with racing.

I'm a Jeff Gordon fan, but I do like Junior when Gordon is sucking. :p

I like Gordon...my husband likes Johnson. We were just talking last night about Jr. and we figured it would be soon. I hope he does well.
Melissa

Wow, I didnt think there were this many nascar fans on here. Im impressed.

pamperedpals said:
He's leaving DEI?! Last I heard was that he got 51% of the company. Wow! I will have to have my DH find out what's going on.

I personally am a Jimmie Johnson fan. When you mention NASCAR my three year old automatically say's "Jimmie Johnson's my driver!" DH likes Kevin Harvick and we both love Kasey Kahne.

We have a fantasy racing team and it is a blast to play. So far, I am kickin' butt!:)

Too bad I didn't meet you earlier. We JUST got rid of all of our Kevin Harvick diecast, hats, shirts, mini hoods and 1/64 cars that were Harvick. Only had 4-5 fans in 6 years business.

I do have one 1/2 size hood left. It is numbered 100 of only 2000 made. Might have a few other things left, but not much.

Last edited:
Miss Cori said:
(or am I the only girl on here who watches it):D

Nah, I'm an Elliot Sadler fan........gotta go with the hometown boy!! Plus his boyishly cute look helps!!:p :p

It's probably going to be a better move for him than staying with DEI, although it is his family operation, Jr and Theresa do not seem to see eye to eye on alot of things. Personally I'm excited for him and looking forward to his changes next season.

I saw that they were talking about him wanting to continue racing Chevrolet's and that could put him behind the wheel of the black #3 car. That's a little spooky to me. That would make him and Kevin Harvick team mates. There is also speculation that he could end up with Tony Stewart and Denny Hamlin as team mates.

It is going to be a very interesting rest of the season for Jr. I wish him the best and hope switching to a new team brings him back to winning.

Courtesy of jayski.com

Earnhardt Jr. To Drive for New Team in 2008 Four-time NASCAR Most Popular Driver, Dale Earnhardt Jr., announced today at a news conference at JR Motorsports that negotiations to extend his driving contract with Dale Earnhardt Inc. have come to an amicable end. Earnhardt Jr. will continue driving the #8 Budweiser Chevrolet through the remainder of the season, while his sister, Vice President and General Manager of JR Motorsports, Kelley Earnhardt Elledge, will begin exploring new opportunities for 2008. Earnhardt Jr. said Thursday he would look at his options in the coming months and hopefully announce a decision mid to late summer. “What team I drive for next season, I don’t know,” Earnhardt Jr. said. “But what I do want to say is that it’s been a privilege to drive for DEI. After a year of intense negotiations and concerted efforts to extend my contract there, it became evident that while we want to get to the same place, we simply have different visions on how to get there.” Earnhardt Jr. made the announcement with his sister, Earnhardt Elledge, by his side, and many of the Earnhardt family in attendance. “DEI will always be a special place for me and my family,” Earnhardt Jr. said. “(Owner) Teresa (Earnhardt) and (Vice President of Global Operations) Max Seigel are taking the necessary steps to bring DEI back to one of the front-running NASCAR teams. However I am 32 years old – the same age as my father when he made his final and most important career decision – and the time for me to compete on a consistent basis and contend for championships is now. Since that is what I plan to do, I feel strongly that I would have my father’s blessing.” Earnhardt Jr. said JR Motorsports will continue to work with DEI on many projects that will benefit both companies and protect the legacy of his father. A full transcript of today’s news conference will be released later this afternoon.(JR Motorsports PR)(5-10-2007)

I love Nascar. My hubby and I are Jeff Burton fans since he works for Cingular and I used to work for Cingular. I loved when Joe Nemechek was our BellSouth driver because he is just such a nice guy.

I also like Ryan Newman and Tony Stewart.

Junior made a smart decision leaving DEI. It just is not the same company without his dad.

Lisa

genburk said:
Too bad I didn't meet you earlier. We JUST got rid of all of our Kevin Harvick diecast, hats, shirts, mini hoods and 1/64 cars that were Harvick. Only had 4-5 fans in 6 years business.

I do have one 1/2 size hood left. It is numbered 100 of only 2000 made. Might have a few other things left, but not much.

Did you have a shop or something? Kevin Harvick is my favorite. I am so bummed he is driving the shell car now. I hate yellow and I have all the black and red stuff still.

Yeah, an online store for 7 years, but it has gone downhill the last few years. And most of my stock was donated, with the exception of a few items. Our site is still up, but we have no hats, very little diecast, (some Dale Sr - hubby MIGHT be keeping them), can still get some stuff, but not rugs. Keep selling stuff we can't get anymore, and I need to update the site anyway.

You can take a peek, but I really have to delete most everything.:eek:

www.r2kmotorsports.com

While we are at it, (if you don't mind me highjacking your thread) I need to morph it into something else. I have some suppliers, but most are getting out of the business too. Any ideas?

P.S. Don't buy anything unless you check with me first. We probably don't have .... spending too much time here to update that site as needed:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I never cared too much for Dale Sr, and I'm not particularly a Jr fan either, but I think Jr did what was right for him! There was a lot of conflict between jr and Teresa, so I hope he finds a great ride for next year! I am a Tony Stewart fan too. My DH likes Gordon, my DD likes Ryan Newman (only becuase she thinks he's cute!), and my DS likes Gordon. We are HUGE NASCAR fans...watch the Winston Cup...oops, I mean the Nextel Cup whenever they're on! I love NASCAR!

Dale Jr will find success wherever he winds up. I think he should drive his dad's #3 car, though I think it's highly unlikely!

I am a Kevin Harvick fan. ( I saw him on 360 allowing his neices to do his hair and put his make up on. I figured a man who would allow this is a REAL MAN & he is mine) My hubby like Kahne, since Rusty Wallace retired.

I agree that we do not know everything behind the scenes. But, don't yell at me to bad, Theresa and Sr started the business. It was Theresa who put her support and everything else with her husband...Jr should, of course, be a part of it because Sr is his father but the wife is the one who puts in ALOT of sweat, tears and anything else needed.

I get your point, however, I also heard rumors that DEI and Robert Yates Racing are working on a merger...and if that's true, I don't think that sits to well with Jr. I heard he's taking his sister with him when he goes. It had to be a hard decision for him, but if he thinks it's the right one, then that's what he has to do.

And, isn't it usually the woman who puts all the effort into making things work?? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Jr. is the favorite at our house. I think it is sad his leaving DEI, but I guess it is was he feels he needs to do. I hope he stays with a Chevy. We're partial to them.

I hope this change turns his luck around. Hasn't been to good lately.

Just my two cents.

I watch nascar when I get a chance. My mom loves Jimmie Johnson. My family use to be Dale Jarret fans and we still are but he isn't doing good in points. I am not a big fan of Jr but I think he needs to make a decision that is best for him. I think he will do better in the long run but it is sad to see him leave the team.

1. What Nascar-themed products does Pampered Chef have?

At Pampered Chef, we have a variety of Nascar-themed products such as our Nascar Cupcake Set, Nascar Cake Pan, Nascar Kitchen Towel Set, Nascar Apron, and Nascar Oven Mitt. These products are perfect for any Nascar fan to show their love for their favorite sport while cooking and baking in the kitchen.

2. Are the Nascar-themed products officially licensed?

Yes, all of our Nascar-themed products are officially licensed by Nascar. We take pride in offering high-quality products that are officially approved by Nascar to ensure the authenticity and credibility of our products.

3. Can I use the Nascar products for everyday cooking or just for special occasions?

Our Nascar products are designed to be used for everyday cooking and baking. They are made with high-quality materials that are durable and long-lasting, making them perfect for frequent use in the kitchen. Plus, they add a fun and unique touch to any meal or baked goods, making them perfect for any occasion.

4. Do you have any special offers or discounts for Nascar fans?

Yes, we often have special promotions and discounts specifically for Nascar fans. We recommend signing up for our email newsletter or following us on social media to stay updated on any current offers or promotions.

5. Can I purchase Nascar-themed products as gifts for friends and family?

Absolutely! Our Nascar products make great gifts for any Nascar fan in your life. They are unique, practical, and officially licensed, making them the perfect present for any occasion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• straitfan
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • kam