• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Professional Skillets Worth the Lifetime Warranty?

In summary, Lauri was cooking a roast in her stainless steel skillet that she had never cooked in before. The roast did not cook properly, so she followed the advice of adding water to the pan to bring up the bits, but it did not help. Lauri needs to send her skillet back unless someone can guess how to get the burnt on food off the bottom of the pan.
laurichef
Gold Member
I have a professional family skillet. It is 5 years old. I have been using my new exec skillet since I got it in Nov, but it was still packed from a show, so I have been back to using the prof one. Well, last night, I made peppers and onions in it, and I like them really caramelized, so I let them cook for a while. They were not burned, by any means. Well, I go to clean the pan, and I can't believe how much is stuck on. (I have been really spoiled by the exec!!)
I had it soak overnight, and still stuck on stuff. So now, I have it soaking w/ baking soda, hoping that will lift it off.
I know I got this pan 5 years ago, at my PC show, way before I became a consultant. I also know it is lifetime warranteed. Not sure where the receipt may be. Is this return-worthy?

anyone else have these issues?

This would not be return worthy to me.Fill the pan with water, put a dryer sheet in it, and let it soak a while. It should clean right up.

and rub the inside with a little oil and let sit for awhile it probably is just "dry"

Teresa Lynn said:
and rub the inside with a little oil and let sit for awhile it probably is just "dry"

Maybe I was not clear... I have been using it for about a month, frying chicken, meatballs, sausage, and no issues. Before I got the exec, I used it all the time.
(Had consecutive shows, and the exec pan stayed in the car.)
:confused:

A dryer sheet?? I have never heard of this - enlight me Deb!!

Lauri - Host a show of your own in Sept and get an extra for your home - one for your kit stays there and the other is in the cabinet - Unless you know who the consultant was and can try to get a computer receipt from her........ I still prefer the executive - I gave all my professional stuff to my neice in college.

ok, sorry I still rub mine with oil frequently they sit on a pot rack and soemtimes I think they just need a little extra TLC

Teresa Lynn said:
ok, sorry I still rub mine with oil frequently they sit on a pot rack and soemtimes I think they just need a little extra TLC

no need to apologize.
I never thought about the pan getting dry.

PamperedDor said:
A dryer sheet?? I have never heard of this - enlight me Deb!!

Lauri - Host a show of your own in Sept and get an extra for your home - one for your kit stays there and the other is in the cabinet - Unless you know who the consultant was and can try to get a computer receipt from her........ I still prefer the executive - I gave all my professional stuff to my neice in college.

I was thinking of that, but I am planning to have a 1 year anniversary (w/PC) / host appreciation party in October, so I can't have both.:( Trying to convince my mom to do it.

The previous consultant was my recruiter, and I know she has been having computer issues, and can't access P3.

Any help with the SS? I have the Family size in that one with a yucky caramel colored mess in the middle. The night I cooked in it I followed the advice and had the heat still on the pan and added water to it to bring up the bits, but it didn't help. I scrubbed and scrubbed and soaked and scrubbed. I need to send it back unless you guess know how to get it off the bottom of my pan. Because of this I rarely talk about our SS line of cookware.

I was searing a roast that I put in the crock-pot. I had never cooked in it before that. And never since obviously!

Chef Kearns said:
Any help with the SS? I have the Family size in that one with a yucky caramel colored mess in the middle. The night I cooked in it I followed the advice and had the heat still on the pan and added water to it to bring up the bits, but it didn't help. I scrubbed and scrubbed and soaked and scrubbed. I need to send it back unless you guess know how to get it off the bottom of my pan. Because of this I rarely talk about our SS line of cookware.

I was searing a roast that I put in the crock-pot. I had never cooked in it before that. And never since obviously!

do you have our Stainless Cleaner? That stuff is magic!

otherwise some BonAmi cleaner works great.

I use bar keepers friend it comes in powder and a "liquid" like our stainless cleaner

Teresa Lynn said:
I use bar keepers friend it comes in powder and a "liquid" like our stainless cleaner

That's what I meant to say--BarKeepers Friend! It's in a gold can with the other abrasive cleaners. Available at WalMart.

laurichef said:
Maybe I was not clear... I have been using it for about a month, frying chicken, meatballs, sausage, and no issues. Before I got the exec, I used it all the time.
(Had consecutive shows, and the exec pan stayed in the car.)
:confused:
but wait, going back to the issue, the professional pan has a lifetime warrantee and is not working the way it should. If it were me, I would call PC because you know who yo got it from. Yes, it may not be as good as the new exec series but I still believe you should get it replaced. You pay for shipping but you'll get an extra pan.Regarding the dryer sheet, I use a used bounce to put in anything that needs some soaking; corning ware, pan after making sauce, anything. Put the bounce in, then put hot water in and let it soak a little. Then use the bounce to basically wipe the pan out. Works fantastic and the sheet has alteady been used so you are getting 2 uses out of one sheet.

DebbieJ said:
do you have our Stainless Cleaner? That stuff is magic!

otherwise some BonAmi cleaner works great.

Yes, I've used our SS cleaner. I have also used the Bar Keepers friend with lots of elbow grease. Still there! I've even tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

It's important to use our Stainless Cleaner with a DRY cloth on a DRY pan. No water whatsoever. Did you do that?

I Have A Friend Who Purchased The Ss And No Matter What We Did, It Remained "cloudy" On The Outside. I Talk About The Ss Cookware, But Have To Say I Am Relieved When They Purchase The Exec Instead.

DebbieJ said:
It's important to use our Stainless Cleaner with a DRY cloth on a DRY pan. No water whatsoever. Did you do that?

I used it the way the instructions said to. So, if that's what it said then that is what I did.

I know I will be sending that back. I hate to spend the shipping on it because it is so heavy. I have a few other cookware pieces that have some imperfections also, but that by far is the worst.

Chef Kearns said:
I used it the way the instructions said to. So, if that's what it said then that is what I did.

I know I will be sending that back. I hate to spend the shipping on it because it is so heavy. I have a few other cookware pieces that have some imperfections also, but that by far is the worst.

Can you use a flat rate box? It might be cheaper, if the pan fits in one anyway.

Send it back. You did not abuse it. $5 for shipping is cheap for a new skillet. Pampered Chef rocks. They want you happy, so send it back and don't worry.

laurichef said:
I have a professional family skillet. It is 5 years old. I have been using my new exec skillet since I got it in Nov, but it was still packed from a show, so I have been back to using the prof one. Well, last night, I made peppers and onions in it, and I like them really caramelized, so I let them cook for a while. They were not burned, by any means. Well, I go to clean the pan, and I can't believe how much is stuck on. (I have been really spoiled by the exec!!)
I had it soak overnight, and still stuck on stuff. So now, I have it soaking w/ baking soda, hoping that will lift it off.
I know I got this pan 5 years ago, at my PC show, way before I became a consultant. I also know it is lifetime warranteed. Not sure where the receipt may be. Is this return-worthy?

anyone else have these issues?

I would send it back if it doesn't come clean...or doesn't seem "non-stick" when you are using it!!

Thanks for all the advice. I will give bouce a try, and see what happens. The baking soda overnight did not do it.

I probably will end up sending it back, I just feel like I am mooching, now that I am a consultant.
And the shipping... Will it fit in a flat rate box?

laurichef said:
Thanks for all the advice. I will give bouce a try, and see what happens. The baking soda overnight did not do it.

I probably will end up sending it back, I just feel like I am mooching, now that I am a consultant.
And the shipping... Will it fit in a flat rate box?
don't think the bounce will help your situation. really more for dirty things - yours sounds beyond repair. certainly not mooching. you are selling the products. if you aren't happy with things you have gotten, hard to be excited for your customers. send it back and they are sure to honor your warranty! not sure about the shipping, box... though.

Family Skillet, which is 12", won't fit in a flat rate box. Even the large flat rate box - not even if you take the handle off.

Related to Are Professional Skillets Worth the Lifetime Warranty?

What is the Professional Skillet Issue?

The Professional Skillet Issue is a common problem encountered by some users of the Pampered Chef Professional Skillet. It involves food sticking to the surface of the skillet, making it difficult to cook and clean.

Why is my Professional Skillet sticking?

The most common reason for the Professional Skillet to stick is due to improper seasoning or maintenance. It is important to follow the seasoning instructions provided with the skillet and to regularly clean and re-season the skillet to prevent sticking.

How can I prevent my Professional Skillet from sticking?

To prevent your Professional Skillet from sticking, make sure to properly season the skillet before use and regularly clean and re-season it. Also, avoid cooking on high heat and using metal utensils, as these can damage the non-stick surface.

Can I still use my Professional Skillet if it sticks?

Yes, you can still use your Professional Skillet if it sticks. However, it may require some extra effort to clean and may not cook food as evenly. It is important to address the sticking issue to prevent it from getting worse.

What should I do if my Professional Skillet continues to stick?

If you have followed the seasoning and maintenance instructions and your Professional Skillet still continues to stick, please contact Pampered Chef customer service for assistance. They may be able to provide further troubleshooting tips or offer a replacement if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dwyerkim
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • chefmelody
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • KYCHEF