• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are New Directors Vital for the Growth and Success of a Cooking Business?

In summary, the author suggests that they don't do much to lighten up recipes, but they always add fresh or steamed vegetables to their diet, they use healthier carbs, and they eat a lot of organic food. They also think that we need more newer directors to keep chefkugler from being lonely here.
DebPC
Staff member
More New Directors!Yes- we need more newer directors to keep chefkugler from being lonely here.
I'm sure we'll get plenty as word gets out about our site and others from CS promote.

I thought a thread on tricks or tips you use to lighten up your favorite recipes would be fun. What do you do to reduce the fat/calories/carb content in your favorite recipes? How do you boost the nutritional value?

Honestly, I don't do much to lighten up already-created recipes.
But I do always add fresh or steamed vegetables to dinner. I also use healthier carbs such as cous-cous, whole grain pasta and red potatoes.

We don't eat very much junk food so I don't worry about it. If I want to lighten up, I usually just take a smaller portion. We also eat a lot of veggies.

We eat a lot of organic but that just means it's healthier and not necessarily lighter. LOL! I agree with Linda, smaller portions.

BTW, most "diet" foods are extreemly unhealthy for you and the chemicals in them actually make you fatter.

Christ Follower said:
We eat a lot of organic but that just means it's healthier and not necessarily lighter. LOL! I agree with Linda, smaller portions.

BTW, most "diet" foods are extreemly unhealthy for you and the chemicals in them actually make you fatter.

I agree! I'd much rather have less of an item that I really like than to pig out of something that doesn't taste as good.

For something that isn't going to be missed (ie. light sour cream), I use it. I use light sour cream, cream cheese, anything that will be mixed with something else. When it comes to tasting something like real cheddar, a small bit of the good stuff goes a long way. Sometimes it helps to trick yourself like shredding the cheese with a microplane to make it fluffy and look like more. For baking, I can usually trade out my applesauce (picked the apples myself and made sauce with no sugar - let me know if you want to know how.) for the oil. That just works in cakes and cake like brownies where you don't need the oil properties.

Absolutely! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am always excited to see new directors join our team. Not only does it bring fresh ideas and perspectives, but it also helps to spread the word about our amazing products and business opportunity. I know that with more directors on board, we will continue to grow and thrive as a company. Plus, having a supportive community of directors is so important for our success. So, let's welcome all the new directors with open arms and continue to "lighten up" our recipes and our business!

Related to Are New Directors Vital for the Growth and Success of a Cooking Business?

1. How can I make my recipes healthier without sacrificing flavor?

There are several ways to lighten up your recipes without compromising on taste. You can use low-fat or non-fat versions of ingredients such as dairy products, replace oil with applesauce or mashed bananas, and add more vegetables to your dishes for added nutrition. You can also experiment with herbs and spices to enhance flavor without adding extra calories.

2. What are some alternatives to using heavy cream in recipes?

Instead of heavy cream, you can use evaporated milk, Greek yogurt, or pureed tofu in your recipes. These options provide a creamy texture without the added fat and calories. You can also try using a combination of low-fat milk and cornstarch as a thickening agent.

3. Are there any healthy substitutes for sugar in baking?

Yes, there are several alternatives to using sugar in baking. You can try using natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar. You can also use mashed bananas, applesauce, or pureed dates as a sweetener. These options provide natural sweetness without the added calories.

4. Can I still enjoy fried foods while trying to eat healthier?

Yes, you can still enjoy fried foods by using alternative cooking methods such as baking, grilling, or air frying. These methods require little to no oil and can result in a healthier version of your favorite fried dishes. You can also opt for whole wheat breadcrumbs or panko instead of traditional breadcrumbs for a lighter coating.

5. How can I reduce the sodium content in my recipes?

To reduce the sodium in your recipes, you can use herbs and spices to add flavor instead of salt. You can also opt for low-sodium versions of ingredients or make your own seasonings at home. Another tip is to rinse canned beans and vegetables before using them, as this can help reduce the amount of sodium they contain.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jillchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam