• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Growth and Success: Tips for Being a Successful Business Mentor

In summary, Jenny is trying to figure out what she should be doing to maintain the growth she has been experiencing as director of her company. She is concerned about disappointing her team, and wants to make sure she is meeting their expectations.
amy07
Need a mentor....Or a business coach!

So, this is where I'm at. The "high" of promoting is wearing off, and I'm trying to determine my plan of action for the new year. I have been trying to organize and plan my role as director and what I need to do to help my team grow their individual businesses, while maintaining the tremendous growth i have been experiencing. Fortunately for me (and my director) I am a very self motivated and goal driven overachiever! However, right now the enormity of the responsibility to others has really sunk in, and I'm so not wanting to disappoint. :eek:

I know that I need to focus my team training on bookings right away from conversations with them. But what about my training? What one or two things would you seaoned directors recommend as a first step? Please share your experience and or suggestions to ease my learning curve. Personally I have my goals written down of what I want to achieve in my business, but what is the first thing you would recommend in order to grow my "organization", aside from continuing to recruit. And what if any training materials/methods would you recommend?

Thanks for your help!:)

Amy have you asked your director to coach and/or mentor you?

Definitely talk to your upline. And take all training opportunities you can. The New Director Academy and the Director Training Day are both excellent training - the best things I could have done for my business.

Stay excited and remember why you do this business!

Unfortunately, there are some of us that are in business for ourselves AND by ourselves. Also, my director is still relatively new and I don't think she has hit her stride yet. While I do plan to take advantage of the many training opportunities that the company provides us, I'm really looking for direction in what will be the best "bang for my buck" to get me off to a good start. Anyone?

amy07 said:
Unfortunately, there are some of us that are in business for ourselves AND by ourselves. Also, my director is still relatively new and I don't think she has hit her stride yet. While I do plan to take advantage of the many training opportunities that the company provides us, I'm really looking for direction in what will be the best "bang for my buck" to get me off to a good start. Anyone?

I still strongly urge you to take the New Director Training and Director Training Day when they are in your area. They are amazing training events.

PS: I am right there with you - in business for myself and BY myself.

bethcooks4u said:
in business for myself and BY myself.

That was me... and it got to the point that I was actually mentoring MY director. But as most of you know... that has all changed in the last 6 months! (I find out today when our commission statements are posted if she's still my director!)

My NED approached me about coaching and that has worked out unbelievable for me. My numbers were up over 360% for October over last year! Woo-hoo! And I can honestly say, it's been her coaching and holding me accoutable that has made the difference.

My suggestion for everyone is to look at your commission statement go see who the exec is on it and talk to them and ask them for guidance. Or see who she suggests you talk to. And don't be afraid to approach high achievers. A few years ago I was going to NYC for a shopping trip right before Christmas. I contacted the Circle of Honor achiever in Recruiting from that year and asked her if I could take the train out to where she lived (an hour from NYC) and take her to lunch and pick her brain. She said YES immediately and we are now great friends! Her guidance has helped me grow my team and refined what I needed to do with my recruiting. The thing I love most about PC is everyone's willingness to share!

Lastly, don't forget about teleclasses! I took 2 last week and they were fabulous!!!! The recruiting one was amazing! My goal is to take one once a week.

Okay,
I shoveled the snow off the walk last week. I took the ice chipper thingy to get the snow pile down at the end of the sidewalk by the street where the snowplow filled it back in. Now there is some car that has been parked there for the past three days! I HATE IT!!

My thought is that when that is shoveled it is easier to get to the street to get into your car without having to go through a snow bank. Now what? Do I put a not on this guys car? I don't recognize it as one of the neighbor's cars. Should I pelt it with snowballs? (just kidding) Am I being unreasonable?

Where do you park your car in relation to the open walk path when parking on a snowy street?

--Jenny L

jlevernier said:
Okay,
I shoveled the snow off the walk last week. I took the ice chipper thingy to get the snow pile down at the end of the sidewalk by the street where the snowplow filled it back in. Now there is some car that has been parked there for the past three days! I HATE IT!!

My thought is that when that is shoveled it is easier to get to the street to get into your car without having to go through a snow bank. Now what? Do I put a not on this guys car? I don't recognize it as one of the neighbor's cars. Should I pelt it with snowballs? (just kidding) Am I being unreasonable?

Where do you park your car in relation to the open walk path when parking on a snowy street?

--Jenny L

hmmm if it hasn't moved in three days it may be beaking the law. I know my city ordance is the vehical has to move every 24 hours.

Next snow- pile all the snow ON IT- start by fully burying the tires. Thats what I would do. Don't listen to me. That was bad advice.

friday said:
Next snow- pile all the snow ON IT- start by fully burying the tires. Thats what I would do. Don't listen to me. That was bad advice.

hahahha..remind me to stay on your good side!

friday said:

I like this idea;)

Off subject but related to pet peeves.

I hate it when you are in the fast lane and the person in front of you decides to go the EXACT same speed as the guy in the slow lane next to you.

Also, when you tell the neighbor kids, "No, Brianna can't play today, she has too much homework. Please don't knock again because the baby is sleeping."

5 minutes later......"knock...knock....knock....(insert 3 dogs then barking)......

After my daughter's basket ball game this morning, I dicovered another pet peeve...

When the opposite team's parents decide to sit on the wrong side of the gym right behind me. Sit on your own team's side people! I don't want to hear voices behind me saying "steal it!" when my daughter has the ball, or cheering when my daughter misses a basket. People are just rude.

Christ Follower said:
Off subject but related to pet peeves.

I hate it when you are in the fast lane and the person in front of you decides to go the EXACT same speed as the guy in the slow lane next to you.

Yup that brings out the road cussin' in me.

Why is it that snow brings out all the kooky drivers??? The ones who try to go 75mph on a sheet of black ice and almost take out 3 lanes of traffic???

Karaboo2 said:
Why is it that snow brings out all the kooky drivers??? The ones who try to go 75mph on a sheet of black ice and almost take out 3 lanes of traffic???

Or just as bad, when they go TOO SLOW in bad weather and everyone is trying to pass them!

--Jenny L

Related to Maximizing Growth and Success: Tips for Being a Successful Business Mentor

1. What are the key qualities of a successful business mentor?

Some key qualities of a successful business mentor include strong communication skills, the ability to listen and provide constructive feedback, being a good role model and setting a positive example, being knowledgeable and experienced in the industry, and having a genuine interest in helping others succeed.

2. How can I effectively manage and mentor multiple mentees at once?

To effectively manage and mentor multiple mentees, it is important to prioritize and set realistic expectations for each individual. Create a schedule for regular check-ins and be organized with your time and resources. Encourage collaboration and group discussions among mentees, and delegate tasks when appropriate.

3. How can I support my mentees in overcoming challenges and obstacles?

As a business mentor, it is important to provide emotional support and encouragement to your mentees. Help them identify their strengths and weaknesses and work together to create a plan for overcoming challenges. Share your own experiences and offer guidance and resources to help them navigate through difficult situations.

4. What are some effective ways to provide feedback to my mentees?

Effective feedback should be timely, specific, and constructive. Start by acknowledging the mentee's strengths and then focus on areas for improvement. Use clear and direct language, and provide examples to illustrate your points. Encourage two-way communication and be open to receiving feedback from your mentees as well.

5. How can I measure the success of my mentoring program?

There are a few ways to measure the success of a mentoring program. One way is to track mentee progress and development, such as their achievements and goals reached. Another way is to gather feedback from both mentees and mentors through surveys or evaluations. Additionally, you can track the retention rate of mentees and the overall satisfaction of the program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stephanie78
Replies
Views
JAE
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views