• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are My Dishes Microwavable? A Guide

In summary, the plastic plates are not microwaveable and should only be used in the dishwasher on the top rack. Some customers have reported warping in the dishwasher and it is not recommended to use them in the microwave. They are great for using at family gatherings and as a gift, and some customers have had success selling them by demonstrating their use at shows. It is important to inform customers that they are not microwave safe before selling them.
rkarl
I looked in the product information guide and it said these are dishwasher safe.... but are they microwavable?

I would think so but I would like to know for sure!

They ARE NOT microwaveable! I, of course, do not know this from experience.......:rolleyes: :eek:

Is anyone else having trouble selling these? It seems like the guests at my shows think they look a bit cheesy. I don't have them so I can't show them to the guests. Any hints or tips on how to sell?

I always tell people how I use them at lunch time with my kids so we don't have to keep wasting paper plates - I've sold a few sets here and there - not sure how they'll go over at my shows later in the month. They are actually a nice weight of plastic and good colors.

If it doesn't say microwave safe it isn't.

These plates were a big seller for me last year, but this year people aren't even getting them on special. I do think it helps to have some of your own. I really love mine and at some shows, I bring both my sets (12 plates) and use for the guests so everyone gets first hand experience with them. I have put them in the dishwasher without trouble but I did have a customer return after they became warped in her dishwasher. Knowing that, I would be afraid to microwave them.

Top rack dishwasher safe should be fine. If it's melting on top rack, she should change her dishwasher to the energy saving cycle.

susan g said:
These plates were a big seller for me last year, but this year people aren't even getting them on special. I do think it helps to have some of your own. I really love mine and at some shows, I bring both my sets (12 plates) and use for the guests so everyone gets first hand experience with them.

I sold a bunch last year also, but this year....not so much. I have 3 sets that I use for bbqs and family parties and love them! Haven't used the utensils much yet. I earned two sets of those.

I'm going to be doing what Susan suggests---using these at my shows. I'm telling my hosts not to get plates and utensils. I hope it sells some.

I just had an Aha moment here. Call all past customers who bought the plates and see if they want to expand their collection! Off to print a list...

Kids love them b/c of the cup holder. Plus, the colors actually match some of my DD cups! They are some of her favorite plates. I don't have her using the utensils though...little vicious. Remember to bring them to all of your family get togethers where you would usually use paper plates and utensils!!

I haven't sold a lot either but I do suggest that they can make a gift basket with them...Plates, utensils, etc. inside a nice picnic basket as an anniversary gift or maybe for college dorm rooms something like that.

I've had a couple warp in the dishwasher even though they were in the top rack. I've also experimented using them in the microwave and THEY'RE NOT MEANT FOR THE MICRO. The plates are not made to take on the radiation. Depending on the food that you're warming up, you could be warming up the plate along with the food. On mine you cana actually see an outline of where the food was.

PC really needs to fix that. How can we compete with paper plates when our plastic plates wont go in the microwave?

Related to Are My Dishes Microwavable? A Guide

1. Can I put my Pampered Chef dishes in the microwave?

Yes, all Pampered Chef dishes are microwave-safe.

2. Are the lids for my dishes microwave-safe as well?

Yes, all Pampered Chef lids are also microwave-safe.

3. Can I use my dishes in the oven?

Yes, most Pampered Chef dishes are oven-safe up to a certain temperature. Please refer to the product information or packaging for specific guidelines.

4. Are the dishes dishwasher-safe?

Yes, all Pampered Chef dishes are dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning.

5. Can I use my dishes in the freezer?

Yes, most Pampered Chef dishes are freezer-safe. However, please note that sudden temperature changes can cause the dishes to crack, so it is best to let them thaw before heating in the microwave or oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
CAPCnewbie
  • kristina16marie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • esavvymom