• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Incorrect Show Specials Causing Trouble for Your Catalog Show?

In Summary, make sure the start date is in the month when the show closes, and be VERY clear about the close date.
Kathytnt
Be sure when you are setting up a catalog show or fundraiser that the start date is in the month when the show closes. If the start date is in a month other than the closing month it will have the incorrect show specials. You don't want someone ordering the stoneware special from February in the month of March.

I guess I never read anywhere that this would happen and it caused me a big problem with a show I am working on right now.

Oh wow. I would have never thought of that. Thanks Kathy for the heads up!

Regardless of what type of show it is you should always list it as the same month you are honoring the host/guest special and let everyone know what the special for the show is to avoid confusion. I always put in a flyer with the special or if it is an online show state in the invite/e-mail what the special is. Other than that you don't know what to expect.

pamperedharriet said:
Regardless of what type of show it is you should always list it as the same month you are honoring the host/guest special and let everyone know what the special for the show is to avoid confusion. I always put in a flyer with the special or if it is an online show state in the invite/e-mail what the special is. Other than that you don't know what to expect.

Yes, that is the best Harriet - let them know what month's special you are honoring. You can start the fundraiser on February 25th and choose to honor February items and specials or March items and specials. If you want to do March, you need to set up the show with a March start date. Also, be VERY clear of the close date. If you want a previous month's special, you need to close the show within 30 days of the end of the month.

You can start a show early too online if need be. I had a March catty show that she wanted to start in Feb with collecting. So I just dated it for March so the specials would apply no matter when the order was placed.

Ut Oh.... HELP!!Here's the deal - I am OBVIOUSLY new. I have my (first and only) shows going right now - all catalog shows. They started in March and I sent all the March specials, etc. Sales were slow and small... so we left the shows open for an extra week. I never thought about the fact that it crossed over into a second month!!!!! Can I honor the March host and guest specials or do I need to call all these customers before I place their orders??!!! I AM IN A PANIC!!!! HELP!!!!!!:eek:

You can submit them until at least the end of April, Rebecca. No problem whatsoever with the March specials.

Just make sure it hasa March show date.
As a general rule:
Everything for the host and customers is good for the show date.
All things for you sales, commission, incentives go for the month submitted (exception being when they give you till the 5th or 8th to have sales in for a promo- even then your commission and first 30 day incentives go for the month submitted)

...just be sure to submit them before April 20th to help earn the mid-season products! :) The show date must be March 16th or later.

LOL- I just had this issue. I didn't understand the point of the start and finish, so I was putting the start date in as when it was set up and the end date the submission date. So, I had a March and April date- I couldn't get any of my April specials to go in. So I asked my Director and she was trying to figure it out, finally she asked if I had the dates in April, I looked, and lo and behold, they both weren't, so that fixed it.

Thank you for this information. I am currently having a fundraiser but then on May 2 we are closing it out and doing a cooking show. The host decided to date it May for the HWC products. What a mess it would have been.

You can close a prior month's show in the next month and still honor the prior month specials. You just have to date for the month you are wanting the specials when you submit it. I have never had to put an end date when submitting the show through PP, just when I set it up on my website for internet ordering.

But my original show I accidentally put in Feb - Prices went up ant the stoneware special was off by the time we closed the show. THis caused problemos

Related to Are Incorrect Show Specials Causing Trouble for Your Catalog Show?

What does the "Dates on Catalog Show Warning" mean?

The "Dates on Catalog Show Warning" is a feature that alerts customers when a catalog show's expiration date is approaching. This helps customers know when they need to place their orders in order to receive their products on time.

How do I set the expiration date for a catalog show?

To set the expiration date for a catalog show, go to the "Manage Shows" tab on your consultant dashboard. Select the specific show and click on "Edit Show". From there, you can input the expiration date in the designated field.

Can I change the expiration date for a catalog show?

Yes, you can change the expiration date for a catalog show. Simply go to the "Manage Shows" tab on your consultant dashboard, select the show you want to change, and click on "Edit Show". You can then update the expiration date in the designated field.

What happens if a customer places an order after the catalog show has expired?

If a customer places an order after the catalog show has expired, the order will not count towards the show's total sales and the commission earned from that order will not be included in the show's total earnings.

Can I turn off the "Dates on Catalog Show Warning" feature?

Yes, you can turn off the "Dates on Catalog Show Warning" feature if you do not want your customers to see it. Simply go to the "Manage Shows" tab on your consultant dashboard, select the show you want to change, and click on "Edit Show". From there, you can uncheck the box next to "Dates on Catalog Show Warning" to disable it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Adrian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • irishjc820
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
irishjc820
  • mconsola