• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are gift sets with pantry items taxed differently than regular pantry items?

In summary, pantry items are individual cooking or baking products while gift sets are pre-packaged bundles of multiple pantry items. Pampered Chef offers a variety of gift sets that can be customized for specific dietary restrictions or preferences. They also offer organic and all-natural pantry items. Popular gift sets for weddings and housewarmings include "Entertaining Essentials" and "Flavors of the World." As a consultant, you can purchase pantry items and gift sets at a discounted price and customize them for your clients or offer them as incentives for hosting a party.
Symara
Gold Member
The gift sets are listed with the pantry items, so are they taxed or not. I would say yes, but I'm being questioned since the grilling one has so many seasonings in it.:confused:

BTW, pantry items are not taxed in IN or KY.

Enter it in P3 adn see if it taxes it.

I wish I could, but I'm not at home and I have someone asking me for their order on another floor. :(

Yes, the grilling one is taxed. It's probably because of the non-taxable items in it (the cards). But I think all of the gift sets are taxed, because they're considered gift items, not food items.

I put that Set in an open show for you. It is charged at the regular tax rate, not the Pantry Food rate. Since there is other things in there besides the spices probably.

What is the difference between pantry items and gift sets?

Pantry items are individual cooking or baking products that can be used in the kitchen, such as spices, oils, and baking mixes. Gift sets are pre-packaged bundles of multiple pantry items that are often themed or curated for a specific occasion.

Can I customize a gift set for a specific dietary restriction or preference?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of gift sets that cater to different dietary restrictions and preferences, such as gluten-free, vegan, and low-sodium options. You can also create your own custom gift set by choosing the specific pantry items you want to include.

Do you offer any pantry items that are organic or all-natural?

Yes, we offer a selection of organic and all-natural pantry items, including spices, oils, and baking mixes. These products are made with high-quality, natural ingredients and are free from artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives.

What are some popular gift sets for weddings or housewarmings?

Our most popular gift sets for weddings and housewarmings include the "Entertaining Essentials" set, which includes a selection of serving and entertaining pieces, and the "Flavors of the World" set, which features a variety of international spices and seasonings.

Can I purchase pantry items and gift sets as a consultant for my business?

Yes, as a consultant, you can purchase pantry items and gift sets at a discounted price to use in your demonstrations and sell to your customers. You can also customize gift sets for your clients or offer them as incentives for hosting a party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Lilamyw3
  • foodygirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies