• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Color Coated Knives Durable and Worth the Investment?

The three knives have different purposes. The forged santoku is for chefs who are experienced and need a knife that is durable and can withstand heavy use. The pairing knife is for chefs who need a knife that can be paired with other kitchen tools and is also small and easy to handle. The color coded knife is for people who are just starting out and are not experienced with knives.
ange13
I have to say that I REALLY like this knife. didn't think I would--color is hideous.

anyways--i noticed a chip in the color coating today. anyone else have a problem with it yet? Just wondering before I call HO

I haven't noticed it on mine or the tomato knife but it did cross my mind that the coating may eventually peel off....

That was totally a concern of mine, I liked the idea of a colored handle but thought the blade could flake with a color coating!

Guess that is why they only have a one year warranty.

Yes, I like mine too. Works better than I thought and easier to manage because it is smaller. And yes, the puke green needs to go :eek:

yes, mine has chipped a little bit too. I had posted somewhere else that mine would not be chipping since I wasn't going to use it. Well, I have, and I think it is ok. I do like the size, and it is ok on sharpness, but I much perfer my regular santoku.

I like that it is a "gateway" knife. I've said this on another post or two, but no responses on the "addiction" reference....KG WHERE ARE YOU?

This was my concern with the colored knives. I don't mind the color (though it does give me mild 70's flashbacks). I'm just afraid people will be disappointed if they chip or peel.

I think the important thing is to STRESS that it's no where near the quality of our forged santoku and let people know that it is a gateway knife. I like it from small jobs. To me it's more of a knife for a college student, or a single person who doesn't so much cooking. I personally like the color, maybe because I missed the 70's by all but a year..lol. I do think we can sell it, as long as we put it in the proper context.

My question is this .... most of the current knives have lifetime warranty. Even the Quikut Pairing Knife has a five year warranty!! Why would they sell knives that only have a year warranty? I know it's due to the colors that will change with the seasons ... but this disturbs me, as if the color coated knifes are not as good quality as the others? How would you describe the difference of all three kinds to your customers???

What is a Santoku knife?

A Santoku knife is a versatile kitchen knife that originated in Japan. It is typically shorter and wider than a traditional chef's knife, with a straight edge and a flat spine. It is designed for slicing, dicing, and mincing vegetables, meat, and fish.

What is the benefit of a Color Coated Santoku Knife?

The Color Coated Santoku Knife has a non-stick coating on the blade, which prevents food from sticking to the knife while cutting. This makes it easier and more efficient to use, as well as easier to clean.

What is the blade made of?

The blade of the Color Coated Santoku Knife is made of high-carbon stainless steel. This type of steel is known for its durability, sharpness, and resistance to rust and corrosion.

Can the Color Coated Santoku Knife be used for both meat and vegetables?

Yes, the Santoku knife is designed to be used for both meat and vegetables. Its straight edge and sharp tip make it suitable for precise slicing and dicing, while the wide blade allows for easy scooping and transferring of ingredients.

Is the Color Coated Santoku Knife dishwasher safe?

No, we do not recommend putting the Color Coated Santoku Knife in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh detergents can damage the non-stick coating and dull the blade. We recommend hand washing and drying the knife for best results and longevity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Rosechef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • maddy123