• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring the Benefits of Color Coated Knives: A Guide for Consumers

In summary, the conversation discussed the benefits of color coated knives, including their ability to make it easier to locate in the drawer and prevent cross-contamination risks. The green quick cut paring knife is known as the middle DS knife due to its color. The coating is made of silicone and helps keep food from sticking to the knives. Some people also like to use color coated knives for specific purposes, such as cutting meat and non-meats. The knives are also fun and trendy, have a non-stick coating, and come with a one-year guarantee. They are a good option for those not ready to invest in high-quality knives. The conversation also touched on the advantages of color coated knives over the forged ones, such as being lighter and
ChefMary412
I have had a few customers ask why they would need a color coated knife over a regular knife... what would you say??

I have guests buy them because they are easy to locate in the drawer. The green quick cut paring knife is known as my middle DS knife. He know exactly which one it is because of the color. :)

I've been told that the green is actually silicone which helps keep the food from sticking to the knives. In fact, if you look at the description in the catty, it says 'the nonstick coating...'.

Some people like to color coat their knives b/c they use certain ones for cutting meat, and certain ones for cutting non-meats (no cross contamination risks).

Look up on CC - they will have the breakdown of all the knives (Forged, w/ honing case, and Color-coated)

They are fun/trendy
Have the non-stick coating so food doesn't stick to it
Great for a picnic/tail-gate party
Have a one-year guarantee
Good for people who aren't ready to invest in High-Quality Knives (ex; College Students)

WHY NOT have a fun green knife in your kitchen? :p

Might I just add that I have both the color coated bread knife and the Forged 9" bread knife. Last week I bought bagels...first day used the forged without thinking much of it...second day grabbed the color coated and holy smokes was it easier to get through that bagel! I couldn't believe the significant difference that coating made. I was a little dissappointed in my more expensive piece! LOL

Good to know! I've been wondering if I should buy the forged bread knife at some point if it's offered cheap. I do love the color-coated one.

Try our green bread knife on tomatoes! It's like slicing butter!

I tell people home office got a little confused on the whole "going green" concept!

esavvymom said:
Try our green bread knife on tomatoes! It's like slicing butter!

Our tomato knife is wonderful for this though! I actually have two of them (earned one and won one) and use them all the time!

Someone told me a while back that it is good for really acidic items such as lemons, tomatoes, etc.

I guess the acid may not be so great for the forged ones? I don't know...

I use the green tomato knife for lots of things -- it is fabulous. Some of my customers rave about the green Santoku knife, one lady has 2 of them and loves them.The utility knife from the forged collection is my new favorite knife. It is bigger than I would think of a utility knife and is amazing.

pvt35115 said:
I tell people home office got a little confused on the whole "going green" concept!

I love this line!:chef:

Also, the fact that they aren't as heavy to handle. Some elderly people or people with arthritis may prefer these over the Forged because of that. They are super sharp and don't need a lot of force when slicing. The light weight has won over many elderly ladies in my church.

rajenkiPC said:
Might I just add that I have both the color coated bread knife and the Forged 9" bread knife. Last week I bought bagels...first day used the forged without thinking much of it...second day grabbed the color coated and holy smokes was it easier to get through that bagel! I couldn't believe the significant difference that coating made. I was a little dissappointed in my more expensive piece! LOL

me too! I did a show and made the artichoke bread bowl and used the green bread knife, it worked awsome! so smooth! The next day I made the recipe for my family and used the forged bread knife, definatly a difference! Way easier with the green one. Crazy!

My customers love the tomato knife, as I!! Love my forged knives too, though.

Thanks for all the great tips everyone....I will have to remember them for my shows!

I thought the nylon knives were to keep lettuce from turning brown. Am I thinking something else?

cwinter474 said:
I thought the nylon knives were to keep lettuce from turning brown. Am I thinking something else?

You're right on the nylon knife for that - she's talking about the 4 metal ones that are coated with the green non-stick coating.

oh, sorry... misunderstood

PPl. always wonder why it only has a 1year warranty while other knifes have lifetime! and the cc knifes are around the same price as the other set (not the forged but dont know what to call the other knifes.

pamperedpnina said:
PPl. always wonder why it only has a 1year warranty while other knifes have lifetime! and the cc knifes are around the same price as the other set (not the forged but dont know what to call the other knifes.

probably because the coating won't last forever

The knives with honing cases don't have a lifetime guarantee. They're 5 years now.

chefann said:
The knives with honing cases don't have a lifetime guarantee. They're 5 years now.

Holy cow!!! I never even noticed that, thanks for pointing that out.

oops but still there is a big diff. between 1year and 5years (btw was looking in an old catalog had thought it was only 5 but when I looked in the ss catalog it said lifetime lol)

The color coated knives are our bottom of the line knives. Not that they're bad, but the other 2 (with honing cases and forged) are better.There's a good knife display card/comparison on CC.

I bought all of the color coated knives for a friend with food allergies. She was having a problem with cross-contamination when she was making her family meals. She is allergic to wheat, which is in everything. Everyone in her family knows the green cutlery is only for her food. It is also great for people that keep a kosher diet, or if you have a house with some meat eaters and some vegans. I do use this as a selling point at my shows!

1. Why are color coated knives better than regular stainless steel knives?

Color coated knives offer several advantages over traditional stainless steel knives. The color coating not only adds a pop of color to your kitchen, but it also helps to prevent food from sticking to the blade. This makes cutting and chopping tasks easier and more efficient. Additionally, the coating helps to protect the blade from rust and corrosion, ensuring that your knives will last longer.

2. Are color coated knives safe to use for food preparation?

Yes, color coated knives are completely safe to use for food preparation. The coating is made from non-toxic materials and is food-grade, so it will not leach any harmful chemicals into your food. As with any knife, it is important to follow proper knife safety guidelines and handle the knives with care.

3. Do the color coatings on the knives chip or peel off easily?

No, the color coating on our knives is designed to be durable and long-lasting. It is resistant to chipping and peeling, even with frequent use. However, it is important to use the knives as directed and avoid cutting on hard surfaces or using harsh cleaning chemicals, as this could damage the coating.

4. Can color coated knives be sharpened?

Yes, our color coated knives can be sharpened just like traditional stainless steel knives. We recommend using a sharpening stone or taking them to a professional knife sharpener for best results. It is important to note that the color coating may wear down slightly during sharpening, but this will not affect the functionality of the knife.

5. Do you offer a warranty for your color coated knives?

Yes, we stand behind the quality of our color coated knives and offer a lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. If you experience any issues with your knives, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Rosechef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • maddy123