• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aQuestion About the New Ultimate Mandolin

Yes, if someone has purchased within the last year from September 1st they can send it back and purchase the new one for the same price.
chef_leeanne
Silver Member
I had a question posed to me a last nights show. Hoping someone will be able to answer it. Will the new crinkle cut blade on the new Mandolin fit the old USG?? TIA

NopeIn the Inside Scoop class at National Conference, the speaker said that due to the new design of the blades, with the raising/lowering mechanism for safety, they can't be swapped out to fit the old US&G.

I am going to tell people how unsafe the old USG's are and that they should really think about replacing theirs. I saw one person on here was offering 15% off the Ultimate Mandolin to people who replace their dangerous USG's. I am very excited to get the safer version and start selling it!!

Thank you Becca! I'll share that with my guests!

gilliandanielle said:
I am going to tell people how unsafe the old USG's are and that they should really think about replacing theirs. I saw one person on here was offering 15% off the Ultimate Mandolin to people who replace their dangerous USG's. I am very excited to get the safer version and start selling it!!

Good idea Gillian!

That is great. (No pun intended!)Mom my has the old one and will not replace it. But if I offer a discount, maybe I can get her too. I too never felt safe witht he other one. Although, she has not lost any part of a finger or nail on hers. She has it down to a science. But maybe someone will want to take my up on the offer. I like it! THANK YOU!

I cut my fingers on it getting it out of the crate at one of my shows. I wrapped my fingers under it and caught them on one blade. No matter how careful you are with the food holder you can still get hurt easily!!

With the 15% off it is a little over $50 bucks, but I think some people will still want to keep theirs. Plus I LOVE my USG so I sell 3-4 at every show, so now I have a whole group of people angry that I JUST sold them one, and now there is a new one. (I didn't show people yet, just used it as a tease in my Fall Sneak Peek invitation that it was redesigned)

new safer UGS
dannyzmom said:
Good idea Gillian!

My best friend at work really wanted the old one and thought it was too expensive, however she's got little kids and I told her the new one was much safer and on shows she could earn it free.

When discounts such as the 15% are offered to guests how do you do that? I'm still kinda new at this. Is there a way to offer it and enter on Pampered Partner?

TIA

Liz:eek:

If you offer a discount it is out of your pocket, you can put it in as a payment under consultant gift in PP.

Yikes my mom just bought one not to long ago...Maybe I should replace hers for her.

You know, if someone bought the old style not too long ago (as in under a year), couldn't they send it back and purchase the new one?

Just a thought...

DebbieJ You know, if someone bought the old style not too long ago (as in under a year), couldn't they send it back and purchase the new one?

Just a thought...

That's what my mom did with the basting brush, she bought the one we are discontinuing and it lost bristles on the first use. You just have to pay shipping, and the difference. (anyone who has purchased within the last year from Sept. 1st).

1. How do I adjust the thickness of the slices on the Ultimate Mandolin?

The Ultimate Mandolin has a convenient dial on the side that allows you to easily adjust the thickness of your slices from 1/16 inch to 1/4 inch.

2. Can the Ultimate Mandolin be used for julienning and waffle cutting?

Yes, the Ultimate Mandolin comes with interchangeable blades that allow you to julienne and waffle cut your fruits and vegetables with ease.

3. Is the Ultimate Mandolin dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Ultimate Mandolin is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing the blades for best results.

4. What safety features does the Ultimate Mandolin have?

The Ultimate Mandolin has a hand guard that keeps your fingers safe while slicing. It also has non-slip feet to prevent it from sliding during use.

5. Can I use the Ultimate Mandolin for cutting meats?

No, the Ultimate Mandolin is designed for slicing fruits and vegetables. It is not recommended for use with meats or hard cheeses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • DessertDivaFL
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns