• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

April Commission???? Any One Else Not Understand??

In summary, there was confusion about the transition to the new career plan and how it would affect earnings as a Director. The Q&A page stated that Directors would continue until July and get paid on whichever plan was more profitable, but some individuals experienced discrepancies in their paychecks. There were also issues with reimbursement for conference fees and a lack of understanding about the paycheck calculations.
This is the response from Jan Capinegro. Helpful don't you think?

I am going to have Cora follow up with you so she can go over each scenario in detail and show you where to find the answers in the Career Plan spiral notebook, the Career Plan on-line FAQ and the Consultant Policy Guide. Really, all the answers are in there - it also might be helpful to review the career plan training available the Career Plan page on Consultants Corner as well.

Jan

I think the term for that is 'cop-out.' I would expect better from HO.

That was my knee-jerk response....but honestly, if the transition was easily understandable, there wouldn't be such confusion in the field. The truth is that the writing isn't clear (except maybe to the ones who wrote it). :)

Last edited:
Drew, at least you got the ball rolling by contacting someone in HO. If anyone can get to the bottom of it, Cora can.

Cora is soo confused about the whole thing she is going to Doreen Glass.

The bottom line is we have what we will get for the month of April. Now we just need to get busy and try to get back where we were before the dreaded "New Plan" struck us all down!

crissy11 said:
I did not get paid as a director that would have been 3% override plus production bonus.. I got 2% override on my first line and 1% on my second line. no production bonus at all. They are now saying we keep the title of director till July but we get paid as team leaders if we do not have the two senior consultants..
NOW our personal recruits have to be active every month and someone in their downline has to turn in $150 for that line to be active... Even though I have two senior consultants with their own recruits I don't get to be a director again till my personal recruit is active every month and their recruit is active... Now if they had 2-3 people in their downline than only one of those would have to turn in $150 to keep the line active but my personal recruit has to be active every month for the line to be active..

SENIOR CONSULTANT

Promotion and Maintenance Requirements

Each month:

Be active yourself

Have one active Consultant (direct or indirect)

You will get paid as a director if you meet the requirements for it, not just because your title is still in effect.

So you needed to have one of the following:
5 active, first line consultants
OR
4 active, personally recruited consultants, two of which are senior consultants

had that.. been a director for 10 years.. know how to maintain directorship.... add up your check yourself with both programs with production bonus and see what you got paid for... it isn't just me and Drew there are others out there making phone calls to PC.
HO is aware but don't know what to do about the new plan verbage.... Did you know that you cannot submit a show at MIDNIGHT!!! It has to be 11:59.. Once their computer clicks 12:00 they count it as the next day... I thought that mid night was a minute long...

crissy11 said:
I thought that mid night was a minute long...

LOL....

that extra 60 seconds is crucial, so thanks for letting us know that it isn't available

It's all interesting...because my Director was just telling me that April's check was her 2nd highest check ever, but not her 2nd highest sales month ever....and I know that as a TL, my check was $100 more than a similar month as an FD...strange how it's so all over the board for people.

crissy11 said:
I did not get paid as a director that would have been 3% override plus production bonus.. I got 2% override on my first line and 1% on my second line. no production bonus at all. They are now saying we keep the title of director till July but we get paid as team leaders if we do not have the two senior consultants..
NOW our personal recruits have to be active every month and someone in their downline has to turn in $150 for that line to be active... Even though I have two senior consultants with their own recruits I don't get to be a director again till my personal recruit is active every month and their recruit is active... Now if they had 2-3 people in their downline than only one of those would have to turn in $150 to keep the line active but my personal recruit has to be active every month for the line to be active..

SENIOR CONSULTANT

Promotion and Maintenance Requirements

Each month:

Be active yourself

Have one active Consultant (direct or indirect)

Right according to what you copied then either your direct recruit has to be active or that recruits recruit has to be active not both of them (though it would be nice)

crissy11 said:
had that.. been a director for 10 years.. know how to maintain directorship.... add up your check yourself with both programs with production bonus and see what you got paid for... it isn't just me and Drew there are others out there making phone calls to PC.
HO is aware but don't know what to do about the new plan verbage....

Did you know that you cannot submit a show at MIDNIGHT!!! It has to be 11:59.. Once their computer clicks 12:00 they count it as the next day... I thought that mid night was a minute long...

Midnight is technically the next day.

In which case they should have the deadline to submit a show as 11:59 instead of midnight. Don't you think?

I read it as it has to be done transmitting by midnight. not start transmitting by midnight.

But what would you think if it said received in the home office at 12:00 midnight but then you found out it didn't count because it was 19 seconds after??? Would you think you were safe because the time stamp said 12:00 or would you think oh well it is 19 seconds after it is the next day..? When a clock chimes for one full minute before it clicks to 12:01 which I would think would be too late then...
Just would like to see how other consultants read and comprehend things..

crissy11 said:
But what would you think if it said received in the home office at 12:00 midnight but then you found out it didn't count because it was 19 seconds after??? Would you think you were safe because the time stamp said 12:00 or would you think oh well it is 19 seconds after it is the next day..? When a clock chimes for one full minute before it clicks to 12:01 which I would think would be too late then...
Just would like to see how other consultants read and comprehend things..

I see it as by midnight CST. BY meaning before 12:00 a.m. That would mean 11:59 p.m. and up to 11:59:59 p.m. As soon as it switches to 12:00 a.m. you are on the next day already. The next day does not start at 12:01, it starts at 12.

From a computer standpoint, any time after 12:00:00.000000 is after midnight. So even if you get it in 1 millisecond after 12:00, it's late.

Personally, I am SO confused by all of this. I know change is supposed to be good, but it doesn't feel so good when I'm so confused by the commission statements, and will probably lose my directorship, knowing who is active/inactive and what that exactly means, trying to get my team to recruit when nobody has the desire, etc. I'm just doing my business I guess, and will do the best I can, but I'm not liking it.... :)

I think you speak for many of us. When I started with the company I knew exactly where I stood. I knew the rules and could easily understand them. This new Career Path has taken many of us back to where we started. I am in control of what I do , but I cannot force others to have the same goals that I have. It may not be important to them that I keep my directorship, but it is to me. It may not have an effect on them if my check is much less than I expected, based on what it would have been only one month ago. But it has an effect on me and my family.
Now we are not the only ones who do not understand the rules. From the conversations that I have had and the emails that I have received, the HO people do not understand them either. If the people who made the rules do not understand them, I think we are in for more of a mess than we have now!

Geeze Guys.. I am so sorry everyone is having a hard time... I just feel HO will make it right. I am not usually glad I am just a consultant... but for now that is pretty good. I hope for all that it works out. Please let us know what HO comes up with.

Drew said:
I think you speak for many of us. When I started with the company I knew exactly where I stood. I knew the rules and could easily understand them. This new Career Path has taken many of us back to where we started. I am in control of what I do , but I cannot force others to have the same goals that I have. It may not be important to them that I keep my directorship, but it is to me. It may not have an effect on them if my check is much less than I expected, based on what it would have been only one month ago. But it has an effect on me and my family.
Now we are not the only ones who do not understand the rules. From the conversations that I have had and the emails that I have received, the HO people do not understand them either. If the people who made the rules do not understand them, I think we are in for more of a mess than we have now!

I mean NO disrespect to anyone that has achieved great things thru PC. This statement may upset some but I guess I am on a roll today for speaking my mind. Some may want to stop reading now...

This post looks allot like many made by Cons. last year when they made recruiting a requirement to go on the trips. Many consultants were upset because they felt like it took things out of their hands. Many directors and above told us basically to get over it and just recruit. Well... that was good advise.

I agree this is very confusing. If you did not get paid properly you should be and guidelines clarified.

So, are we supposed to be credited the $100 for conference registration, through our paycheck, after we register?

How does that all work?

Drew said:

Not quite sure I understand this statement - you had no control of others under the old plan either and you were also paid for their performance. It's just a different structure. I think that we are blessed to not only have 3 months notice of the new plan, but the company was generous enough to also give us an additional 3 months grace period to get it in place. Complaining about it will not change the rules.

I agree with Linda.

The new Career Plan is here to stay. Embrace it or not, they are not changing anything. This change has been in the process for years. They have been working on this for the past 3-5 years. It wasn't something that they thought of overnight.

If you want to do sales, you are still compensated -- if you recruit and lead, you are compensated more. That's the bottom line.

I had a hard time when the Career Plan was announced. I was looking at losing hundreds of dollars each month when I was doing the same job....but I knew that it was what it was -- change with it or be left behind. So I changed with it. Everyone is given the same choice.

It is a great compensation plan for new consultants to recruit and start to build a team and a business. And for those who have a team already, with a little tweaking, it will help you make more money and have stronger teams. See it as a negative and it will be that, see it as a positive and it will be that.

All I can do is give it my all. I am not one to give up.

Oh, and "Who Moved My Cheese" is a great book! :)

Drew said:

pamperedlinda said:
Not quite sure I understand this statement - you had no control of others under the old plan either and you were also paid for their performance. It's just a different structure. I think that we are blessed to not only have 3 months notice of the new plan, but the company was generous enough to also give us an additional 3 months grace period to get it in place. Complaining about it will not change the rules.

Question: To remain a Director, don't those under you HAVE to recruit? So, now, it is not enough just to have a bunch of direct consultants under you - it now needs to be deep? So, I agree with Drew, if your consultants under you don't want to recruit, then you could possibly lose your directorship?

I have no desire to recruit and my director does not push this - or make me feel like I have to. But, when the new plan was announced, I was worried that this would now become a focus. My director has assured me that she is not going to push-push-push us to recruit if we don't want to. But, I wonder how many other consultants will be pushed by their Directors just so the Director can keep their level.

And, yes, I can see the argument that a Director should be guiding us to grow our business with recruits, etc. etc...but if it ever came down to me feeling pressured to start recruiting - I might stop attending meetings or just distance myself from my director - which is not a good thing. JMO

Last edited:
I don't understand the resistance to recruiting? It's not a matter of pushing, or forcing.
Aren't you glad you started your business? Don't you enjoy what you do?
It seems like, if you are enjoying what you do, it's just a natural thing to want to offer other people the opportunity to do it too. You aren't begging, or pleading, you are just asking them if they would like to do it too - giving them the choice. They can say yes, or they can say no, but they've been given the opportunity.
A good director is training a downline in the same way. It's the way my director has trained me. No one in my cluster has felt pushed or forced or guilted into recruiting...but my director went into this career plan change with 4 people under her who also had at least one consultant they'd recruited...and we are not a large cluster....now, as a team leader, it's how I'm training my cluster too - just met my first 2nd line consultant last night! He is THRILLED with the opportunity to become a consultant. His wife has a job, but he has been laid off, and they have toddler - this is perfect for him right now! Now, if my consultant had said "no way am I offering this opportunity to anyone"...where would he be? And my consultant? It took her 3 years as one of my best hosts, before she decided to become a consultant, and now, she keeps wondering out loud why she waited so long? If I had not offered the opportunity to her every time she hosted (and it didn't offend - she kept on hosting!) she would not be having so much fun, and earning money at the same time!

I don't want to offend, but really, people need to get over the "I'm not going to recruit" attitude. You DON'T have to recruit....but you are really doing people a disservice as their consultant if you aren't offering the same opportunity to them that you have.

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't want to offend, but really, people need to get over the "I'm not going to recruit" attitude. You DON'T have to recruit....but you are really doing people a disservice as their consultant if you aren't offering the same opportunity to them that you have.
It's also part of the job. Not offering the opportunity means that you're only doing 2/3 of the activities that make up a consultant's job (booking and selling being the other 2; TLs, Directors and above can add training their teams to the list). You wouldn't expect to get paid at a traditional job if you only performed 2/3 of your duties, would you?

As far as recruiting -- yes, it IS part of my job. I committed to the company when I signed that I would share the Pampered Chef business opportunity, just as I would sell their products and help hosts get free items. And I personally feel that there are many people out there who could benefit from our business opportunity just as there are many who benefit from our products. I help others purchase products, fill their kitchens with free products and start their own businesses. This is also what I train each and every one of my consultants to do.It's all in your attitude. It's not about YOU need, it's all about what THEY need.When you get to that point, it all makes sense.

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't understand the resistance to recruiting? It's not a matter of pushing, or forcing.
Aren't you glad you started your business? Don't you enjoy what you do?
It seems like, if you are enjoying what you do, it's just a natural thing to want to offer other people the opportunity to do it too. You aren't begging, or pleading, you are just asking them if they would like to do it too - giving them the choice. They can say yes, or they can say no, but they've been given the opportunity.
A good director is training a downline in the same way. It's the way my director has trained me. No one in my cluster has felt pushed or forced or guilted into recruiting...but my director went into this career plan change with 4 people under her who also had at least one consultant they'd recruited...and we are not a large cluster....now, as a team leader, it's how I'm training my cluster too - just met my first 2nd line consultant last night! He is THRILLED with the opportunity to become a consultant. His wife has a job, but he has been laid off, and they have toddler - this is perfect for him right now! Now, if my consultant had said "no way am I offering this opportunity to anyone"...where would he be? And my consultant? It took her 3 years as one of my best hosts, before she decided to become a consultant, and now, she keeps wondering out loud why she waited so long? If I had not offered the opportunity to her every time she hosted (and it didn't offend - she kept on hosting!) she would not be having so much fun, and earning money at the same time!

Let me clarify...I don't go into a situation saying "I'm not going to recruit". I just don't discuss it a lot. I will mention it - briefly.

In fact, I have one gal right now who is thinking about it. I will get her info, answer any questions she might have and be very happy if she signs. But, I am not calling her constantly, etc. We have set up to touch base this week.

Also, just because I don't make it my main focus doesn't mean I am not offering it. I am just not evaluating myself on whether I recruit or not. This is VERY part time for me. Lately, I have had to put more time into my main job (too many layoffs, etc)...but that means that I have had less time lately for PC. So much so that I will be happy with 1 show a month. The last thing I have time for now is a recruit. I will not discourage anyone - but I am not pushing it.

All I was trying to say was that I was worried that me recruiting would become an issue with my director under the new Career Plan.

What if I have no desire to be a Director, provide training, etc? Does that mean I should not be doing PC at all?

Sorry - I took "I have no desire to recruit" to mean the same as "I am not going to recruit". :confused:I think that as long as you are offering the opportunity, than there is no reason to worry about recruiting becoming an issue for your director. It's not an issue - it's just a part of what we do. You do it the same way that you book shows and sell product. It doesn't have to be "pushing". I don't "Push" anyone to become a consultant...but I do ask - the same way I ask for bookings.
If you don't want to train or promote, than if you have recruits, it's your director's job to train them and support them. I train my recruits (because I want to and love doing it) , but until (and after) I promote to director, they are also getting training and support from my director. She continues to train me too. My director has never made me feel pressured or pushed into recruiting, but she has trained me to do it...just like she has trained me to cross-sell, and book shows.Sometimes I wonder if that's why there is such a fear/reservation about offering the opportunity - because people haven't been properly trained to offer it as another arm of what we do....not making a big scary deal out of it, but just asking like we do with all of our other services.

About the whole recruiting thing - this is my opinion.

If you want to build a team - then recruit. You will be rewarded for it.

If you want to be a Director or Upper Level Director - keep recruiting until you find the team members who are like you and also want to build a business by recruiting. There is nothing wrong with having team members who do not wish to be a clone of yourself. Remember that to be successful you need to build a team that is wide and deep....it will not happen overnight.

If you don't want to recruit - then don't. I think it's wrong for any director to push you to do something that you do not want to do. I do think it is the director's job to encourage you and inform you of the benefits of recruiting and growing your team. I would be turned off by a director who pushed recruiting if it was something that I had no desire to do so make your intentions and desires clear with your director so that there are no hard feelings.

If you want to make more money and not recruit - then become and elite seller and get the raise and the director title that way.

If you want to be a hobbiest or a part-timer - then do that.

No one has said that you HAVE to recruit to be involved in PC.

ChefBeckyD said:
Sorry - I took "I have no desire to recruit" to mean the same as "I am not going to recruit". :confused:
No problem! :)

pamperedlinda said:
No one has said that you HAVE to recruit to be involved in PC.

I was just responding to those that were saying it was part of the job. Personally, if I have no recruits, I don't feel like less of a consultant - nor should I be made to feel like less than a consultant. I have such little time right now that it is tough to find the time just to do basic customer care or even get bookings.

I cetainly understand the opportunnty that PC gives us - and how far we can go if we recruit. It is just not my focus right now in my life.

I mention it at shows to the group and to my host individually.

<h2>1. What is the April commission and why is it confusing?</h2><p>The April commission is a payout for sales made during the month of April. It can be confusing because there have been recent changes to the commission structure, causing some confusion for consultants.</p><h2>2. Why am I being counted as a Director but getting paid as a Team Leader?</h2><p>This could be due to the recent changes in the commission structure. The titles and payout levels may have changed, so it's important to review your commission statement to understand how you are being paid.</p><h2>3. I sold over $6000 last month, why am I not receiving the bonuses I expected?</h2><p>The bonuses and commission payouts may have changed with the recent restructuring. It's important to review your commission statement to understand how your sales are being paid out.</p><h2>4. Did I misinterpret the information about being counted as a Director until July?</h2><p>This could be a misunderstanding. The company may have stated that you will be counted as a Director until July, but it's important to review your commission statement to understand how you are being paid for your sales.</p><h2>5. Will I lose my Directorship in July?</h2><p>The company may have stated that the new commission structure will take effect in July, but it's important to review your commission statement to understand how your sales are being paid out and if your Directorship will be affected.</p>

1. What is the April commission and why is it confusing?

The April commission is a payout for sales made during the month of April. It can be confusing because there have been recent changes to the commission structure, causing some confusion for consultants.

2. Why am I being counted as a Director but getting paid as a Team Leader?

This could be due to the recent changes in the commission structure. The titles and payout levels may have changed, so it's important to review your commission statement to understand how you are being paid.

3. I sold over $6000 last month, why am I not receiving the bonuses I expected?

The bonuses and commission payouts may have changed with the recent restructuring. It's important to review your commission statement to understand how your sales are being paid out.

4. Did I misinterpret the information about being counted as a Director until July?

This could be a misunderstanding. The company may have stated that you will be counted as a Director until July, but it's important to review your commission statement to understand how you are being paid for your sales.

5. Will I lose my Directorship in July?

The company may have stated that the new commission structure will take effect in July, but it's important to review your commission statement to understand how your sales are being paid out and if your Directorship will be affected.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vanscootin
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefChris
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
  • Nanisu
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies