• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple Nut Ring Recipe Help Needed!

In summary, the host is buying the ingredients and wants to make the Apple Nut Ring. The recipe calls for 2 packages of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, 2/3 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 cup butter or margarine, 2 medium Granny Smith apples, 1/3 cup chopped nuts. The biscuits are to be separated, microwaved with butter, then dipped in sugar and cinnamon mixture. The apples are to be peeled, cored and sliced, with 1 apple slice between each biscuit and around the outside edge of the baker. The nuts are to be grated. The biscuits are to be baked at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Ten servings or 20 sample servings are expected
dkitten13
I was passed a party from my director for tomorrow...the host is buying the ingredients and wants to make the Apple Nut Ring. I have no idea what that is or what I should expect. She asked me to bring the Rotary Grater for the nuts (I don't have that) will the new Adjustable Grater work? If anyone has that recipe and can e-mail it or post it I would be indebted!

Thanks!

I found it by just doing a recipe search on CC - This is a very old PC recipe (I remember the consultant making this in the early 90's when I attended a show!)...too bad she picked this one. I'd use the food chopper for the nuts if you don't have the rotary grater...hope you have some of the other products!The Pampered Chef®Apple Nut Ring
Ingredients:
2 packages (7.5 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 medium Granny Smith apples
1/3 cup chopped nutsDirections: 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Separate biscuits. In Classic Batter Bowl, microwave butter on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until melted. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip biscuits in butter; roll in sugar mixture. Arrange biscuits in an overlapping circular pattern in Deep Dish Baker.
2. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer Slicer. Cut slices in half crosswise with Utility Knife. Place an apple slice between each biscuit and around outer edge of baker. Grate nuts using Deluxe Cheese Grater fitted with coarse grating drum. Mix nuts with any remaining sugar mixture; sprinkle over top.
3. Bake 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown. Serve warm using Mini-Serving Spatula. Yield: 10 servings or 20 sample servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 12.5 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 50 mg, Fiber 1 gCook’s Tips: Pantry Korintje Cinnamon can be substituted for ground cinnamon, if desired.©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2009
The Pampered Chef

Funny story...one of my first shows I was making apple nut ring - this was years ago. I forgot the apples! No one noticed - I didn't even notice until I got home.

On a side note it is a very simple recipe. Easy to do and shows tools I don't usually use like the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer.

Its been years since I used the Apple-peeler-slicer...I hope I can find the directions on the CC!

I'm sorry! I don't offer recipes that use the APCS. It never works well for me, especially not at a show. I say get some apples and practice. I even suggest taking a few good round apples with you to the show, just in case the host doesn't know how to pick apples to use with the APCS.

Good idea. As I said, years ago I bought one and never had trouble using it...but I hate soft apples and most of the fresh picked are never that big. I have to get up early to practice!

I sell a bunch of them every fall and do a lot of apple recipes in Sept and Oct. Love it and make sure to cross sell with potatoes

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I'm sorry! I don't offer recipes that use the APCS. It never works well for me, especially not at a show. I say get some apples and practice. I even suggest taking a few good round apples with you to the show, just in case the host doesn't know how to pick apples to use with the APCS.

The trick for the APCS is using firm apples... you can't use the mushy kind, they just push right through and don't work right. Get a firmer apple, granny smity, fuji or something like that and it works like a dream!

1. How long does it take to make the apple nut ring?

The apple nut ring recipe typically takes about 45 minutes to prepare and an additional 25-30 minutes to bake.

2. Can I use a different type of nut instead of walnuts?

Yes, you can substitute walnuts with any type of nut you prefer, such as pecans or almonds. Just be sure to chop them into small pieces before adding them to the recipe.

3. Can I use a different type of apple?

Yes, you can use any type of apple for this recipe. However, keep in mind that different types of apples may have different levels of sweetness, so adjust the amount of sugar accordingly.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the apple nut ring ahead of time. Simply cover it tightly with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Then, bake it according to the recipe instructions.

5. Can I freeze the apple nut ring?

Yes, you can freeze the apple nut ring. After baking, let it cool completely, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe bag or container. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat in the oven before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crsnlsa
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
crsnlsa
  • Elleoz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • minersmix