• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pesto Recipe in a Pinch: Make it with Basil & Pine Nuts!

In summary, to make a delicious pesto pasta with the ingredients you have, you can blend basil, pine nuts, olive oil, and garlic in a food processor. You can also add grilled shrimp or chicken for a complete meal. Alternatively, you can try the Pesto Pasta recipe using fresh basil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, and olive oil. Simply cook the pasta, combine the ingredients in a food processor, and toss with the cooked pasta. Enjoy!
DeeDee616
I want to have pasta with Pesto tomorrow night...BUT i don't have a pesto recipe...i have the basil and the pine nuts...so what do i do with them? Thanks!

Blend a little EVOO and some garlic - simple and delish - I would grill up some shrimp as well to top it off and chop up some fresh tomato and mix it with the pasta and pesto - maybe a little bread crumbs on top.

My recipe is 1 cup of basil leaves (about a good hand full), 2/3 cup olive oil, 2-3 cloves of garlic, 3/4 cup pine nuts or walnuts, 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, and a little salt. Combine all in a food processor and whirl til smooth. I freeze it this way in little snack bags (doubled and then all little bags into a larger freezer bag), using three of our medium scoops to fill each bag for two of us. When I am ready to use it, I let it get to room temperature and then add some of the hot pasta water to thin it to more of a sauce consistency for adding to pasta. Delicious :)

Hi there! As a fellow pampered chef consultant, I would suggest trying our delicious Pesto Pasta recipe. It's easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients, including basil and pine nuts. Here's how you can make it:Ingredients:
- 1 pound of your favorite pasta
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper to tasteInstructions:
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions and set aside.
2. In a food processor, combine the basil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Slowly pour in the olive oil while the food processor is running, until the pesto is well combined and smooth.
4. Toss the pesto with the cooked pasta and serve hot.You can also add some grilled chicken or shrimp to make it a complete meal. I hope you enjoy this recipe and have a delicious pesto pasta dinner tomorrow night! Let me know how it turns out. Happy cooking!

Related to Pesto Recipe in a Pinch: Make it with Basil & Pine Nuts!

1. What is the main ingredient in this pesto recipe?

The main ingredient in this pesto recipe is basil.

2. Can I substitute the pine nuts with a different type of nut?

Yes, you can substitute the pine nuts with walnuts, almonds, or even cashews for a different flavor.

3. How long does this pesto last in the fridge?

This pesto can last up to 1 week in the fridge when stored in an airtight container.

4. Can I freeze this pesto?

Yes, you can freeze this pesto in an ice cube tray and then transfer the frozen cubes to a freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months.

5. Is this pesto recipe gluten-free?

Yes, this pesto recipe is gluten-free as it does not contain any wheat or wheat-based ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
Replies
Views
raebates