• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple Berry Salsa and Fruit Kabobs

In summary, Annabel is doing the trifle recipe in June, the microcake in July and the salsa recipe in August. She is also planning to make the cheese torta for her open house.
lockhartkitchen
I'm only doing one recipe in the month of July. This is one of my favorites from All The Best. I have 3 shows some weeks and thought this would make things easier for me. It's my family favorite.

Thanks! That's a great idea. I am doing the microcake in the SB or strawberry spinach salad in June - I did the trifle throughout May - and one person requested the Cheese Torta in the catalog. I was looking for something different for July and I LOVE that salsa recipe - I talk about it all the time!

Funny you should bring it up - I just hopped on my PC to ask a fwe questions about this recipe! I was wondering how well it keeps once it is all mixed up, with the apples added. I am making it for my open house tomorrow, and was wondering if the apples will brown if I add them tonight (the rest of it is all mixed up). I'm guessing that the OJ will keep it pretty fresh, is that right?

Next question - how finely do you chop the apples? I don't have the A/P/C/S, so I was thinking of wdging them and then either chopping them by hand or using the food chopper. The other thought I had was to grate the apples - would that make it too fine and mushy? I'm having a hard time envisioning the texture, especially as a "salsa" to use as a dip...

I hope someone can help me!

Thanks!

bumping for help!!

Annabel...

It will keep fine! It may get a little more liquid on it overnight, but it's not a big deal. If there's too much, just pour some of it off.

As for the apples, I would use your food chopper and chop them into smaller pieces (pea sized or a bit larger). Grating WOULD make it too fine. Cut your kiwis and strawberries a bit larger than the apples, or else they will turn to mush.....

BTW- yes, the OJ keeps the apples from turning brown and nasty! You are right!

The apple pieces do need to be really small (in all 3 dimensions). You could use the Veg peeler, Corer, Mandoline and Food Chopper to do the work, if you don't have the APCS. I usually run the apples through the APCS and then the food chopper so that the pieces are a little bigger than a clove or so. You can do the same thing by peeling (veg peeler), and coring (the corer), then slicing with the mandoline and running the slices through the chopper (food chopper or salad choppers). This is such a delicious recipe!

Hmmm, if only I had the corer!! Or the wedger... Unfortunately I only have an OXO wedger (which is cracked!! I guess I could show how it is not that great :) JK - I hate negative advertising).

I will have to at least borrow my neighbours PC peeler, and then quarter and core with my utility knife, then use the mandoline to slice and the food chopper to chop.

Wow, all of a sudden, this is starting to seem like a lot of work!!

Thanks ladies for all of your help,

Annabel

The salad chopper works really well for this recipe. I just made it this last week at a show and after peeling and coring the apple, we threw them in the bowl and used the salad chopper to chop them up. Also used the chopper on the strawberries.

Salad chopper what a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. What ingredients are needed to make the Apple Berry Salsa and Fruit Kabobs?

The ingredients for the Apple Berry Salsa and Fruit Kabobs are: apples, strawberries, blueberries, lime juice, honey, and cinnamon.

2. Can I use different types of fruit for the kabobs?

Yes, you can use any fruit that you like for the kabobs. Some other great options could be pineapple, grapes, and blackberries.

3. How do I assemble the fruit kabobs?

To assemble the fruit kabobs, simply alternate between threading apple slices, strawberries, and blueberries onto a skewer. You can also add other fruits in between or on the ends for more variety.

4. Do I have to cook the fruit before making the salsa?

No, you do not need to cook the fruit before making the salsa. Simply dice the apples and strawberries and mix them with the other ingredients in a bowl.

5. How long can the Apple Berry Salsa and Fruit Kabobs be stored?

The fruit kabobs should be eaten within 1-2 days for optimal freshness. The salsa can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Anne
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews
  • Chefstover2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • kcjodih