• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apparently I Moved up Really Fast in My Firm..

In summary, Meghan started working at her law firm 2 years ago as the receptionist and has now progressed to being a personal injury paralegal. She is currently finishing her bachelors degree in criminal justice and preparing to take the LSAT exam and begin applying for law schools. Her highlights from the last two years include going from the receptionist to the attorney, and having a great time working with the creeps that work in the office. She is considering shadowing an environmental firm or becoming a prosecutor.
thecougchef
i started working at my law firm 2 years ago as the receptionist.
i knew nothing about law & had no desire to learn about it.
but it was a 8-5 job that didnt require me to work weekends.
& it was perfect while i finished my bachelors degree.

fast forward two years & i am now a personal injury paralegal,
graduating in december with a bachelors in criminal justice
& preparing to take the LSAT exam and begin applying for law schools.

i got this fax yesterday which just cracked me up.
i highlighted it & taped it to my office door for everyone in my office to see:
untitled-3.jpg

in two years i went from being the receptionist to being the attorney.
i think i deserve a raise :D:D:D

Congrat's on the raise!

That is so funny....I would save it

I would save it too! How funny. Did ya ask for that raise yet?? ;-) Maybe a plate of something yummy when you ask might help.

Aww Meghan, it's just a bit premature - but it will happen!!

God lead you to that job for a reason! What can of law do you want to specialize?

That is funny!! Good luck on the LSAT!!!

That is too funny! And even funnier you taped it to your door!! You'll get there, good luck with the big tests!

pampchefsarah said:
God lead you to that job for a reason! What can of law do you want to specialize?

i havent decided really. the atty i work for said he didnt choose PI until the very end. he didnt even really know that he wanted to be a lawyer - even throughout law school.

i like what i do there are just too many creeps out there who get rear ended and think they deserve a million dollars. im of the mind set that accidents happen.

ive looked into shadowing an environmental firm.
& my aunt is a prosecutor and ive worked with her a little.

who knows. we'll see when i get there....

That's the way it happens sometimes. How many people who sell PC just started to pay off a bill, save for a family vacation, etc. and after how many years they are still selling? You never know what doors open for you when something is started. Congratulations, you deserve a really big raise!

I love it! I worked as an Office Manager for a computer store over the summer during college and the marketing person had a great personality. He titled my position as Business Office Systems Supervisor. I WAS the kid of the Boss, but still. I liked answer the question...what position were you in? BOSS.

Wow, you're goooooood! LOL!

I thought a paralegal was when two lawyers opened an office.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I thought a paralegal was when two lawyers opened an office.

hahaha.

in our office - a paralegal means you do all the work for the attorney and he presents it in court ---- if the case even gets to court. if it doesnt get to court - he signs his name on the work that you just did.

cant complain though. my initials do go in the bottom left corner under his signature...

WKM/mrms

That's awesome! Way to go, Meghan! :) They said I could give myself the title of VP if I wanted to, but no raise right now... LOL

1. How did you move up so quickly in your firm?

I was able to move up quickly in my firm because of my hard work, dedication, and ability to consistently meet and exceed my goals. I also took advantage of any opportunities for growth and development within the company.

2. What skills or qualities do you possess that allowed you to move up quickly?

I have strong communication and leadership skills, as well as a strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to new challenges and situations. I also continuously strive to learn and improve in my role, which helped me stand out and advance within the company.

3. How did you handle the pressure of moving up so quickly?

At times, it was definitely challenging to handle the added responsibilities and expectations that came with moving up quickly. However, I made sure to prioritize my tasks, stay organized, and communicate effectively with my team and superiors. I also learned to manage my time more efficiently to balance my workload.

4. Did you face any obstacles or difficulties while moving up in your firm?

There were definitely challenges along the way, such as having to adjust to new roles and responsibilities, proving myself to colleagues and superiors, and balancing work and personal life. However, I was able to overcome these obstacles by staying focused, seeking guidance from mentors, and continuously learning and growing in my role.

5. What advice do you have for others who want to move up quickly in their job?

My advice would be to always strive for excellence in your work, continuously seek opportunities for growth, and never be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. It's also important to build strong relationships with colleagues and superiors, as they can provide valuable support and guidance throughout your career journey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tara1021
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Tara1021
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • mhrivera
  • General Chat
Replies