• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aPampered but "Poor" Housewarming Bbq...

In summary, my brother has just bought and moved into his first home, and he doesn't have very much to fill his kitchen with. I thought a great way to get him started would be to have a housewarming party for him, and run it somewhat like a bridal shower. My biggest concern is how do you think his young batchelor friends would take this? Should I incorporate a full cooking demo? What are your suggestions?
Tracy Cameron
I am hoping to get everyone's feedback on this idea. My brother has just bought and moved into his very first home after a recent split with his girlfriend. Although their belongings were split between them equally, he doesn't have very much to fill his kitchen. I thought a great way to get him started with the best quality kitchen tools would be to host a housewarming party for him, and run it somewhat like a bridal shower. I like to keep this as a surprise because I wouldn't want him to think his friends are outfitting his kitchen, but my biggest concern is how do you think all his young batchelor friends would take this? Should I incorporate a full cooking demo? What are your suggestions? I'd appreciate all and any help!!

Maybe make it a "on the rebound" theme with games that focus on rebound dates or basketball? Just typing out loud...

Well, you could do it that way, or just do it as a cooking show because either way he would be getting free and discounted stuff. I don't think I would feel right making it like the bridal shower and it sounds like you are saying that he wouldn't want it to be that way either. IMO I would just have him invite all of his family and friends to have a 'housewarming show and cooking show' all in one.

Please, no "games"Unless you plan on football, I would NOT do a game. I have found that men back away from "party games" very quickly. I like the BBQ idea. Grill Tools, Food Choppers, Meat Tenderizers and pots and pans, strangely enough, and grill rubs seem to get their interest. You could do a simple rub marinaded chicken on the grill. A salad and a dessert. And let the guys do the grilling. You could let everyone know what you are upto by sending out the invites to a "rebound" party or a "Build a house" party. Send them a list of the stuff he needs and ask if everyone would be willing to buy something on the list. You put that on the host/his order. Just charge them the products book price or discount it slightly for them. You know the host will get at least 15% off their order. So you could discount each item by that. Then you put their order in as their own. Beer and brats. Beer and Burgers, Beer and more beer even. Remember you would be dealing mostly with guys. So don't go froofroo on them. Do the follow up phone calls and explain that when they place an order outside the "gift", they would be helping him out to. Everyone, even guys, like to help out so...

I would not buy a gift for someone breaking up and starting over - unless it was a really sad story and he was done wrong. My thought is to just do a open house (I like the "rebound" theme) - he'd get free stuff if they just bought something. Good luck.

1. What is a "Pampered but "Poor" Housewarming BBQ?

A "Pampered but "Poor" Housewarming BBQ is a unique and fun way to celebrate a new home with friends and family while also getting pampered with delicious food and kitchen products from Pampered Chef.

2. How does a "Pampered but "Poor" Housewarming BBQ work?

The host of the BBQ will provide the space and guests will bring a dish to share. A Pampered Chef consultant will then demo some of our products and offer guests the opportunity to purchase any items they are interested in. The host will receive free and discounted products based on the sales made at the BBQ.

3. Do I have to buy anything at a "Pampered but "Poor" Housewarming BBQ?

No, there is no pressure to purchase anything at the BBQ. It is simply a fun and unique way to celebrate a new home and learn about Pampered Chef products.

4. Can I customize the menu for my "Pampered but "Poor" Housewarming BBQ?

Yes, our Pampered Chef consultants can work with you to create a menu that fits your preferences and dietary restrictions. We also have a variety of recipes available for inspiration.

5. How do I book a "Pampered but "Poor" Housewarming BBQ?

To book a "Pampered but "Poor" Housewarming BBQ, simply reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant in your area or visit our website to find a consultant near you. They will work with you to schedule a date and plan the details of the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• brendaziz
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • kcjodih