• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone With an Older Rainbow Vac??

In summary, Hubby bought me an old rainbow vac....and now I know why it was so cheap .....it doesn't have the "wand" attachments. UGH!!
itsjustCarla
Hubby bought me an old rainbow vac....and now I know why it was so cheap .....it doesn't have the "wand" attachments. UGH!!

I've found a few places online that sell parts, but I have NO CLUE what I'm looking for. I think I need one that attaches to the power nozzle and I see that there is a 3 piece set - I'm assuming just for the floor attachment??

Can anyone help me!?!?!?!? :cry:

there should be 2 hoses...one with electric running through it and one without. The floor attachment plugs into the electric one. there should also be a crevise tool...long and skinny with one end smaller than the other, a little attachment that looks kind of like the floor attachment to use in small places, and a round brush attachment. If you can find a vac. store that services them they can tell you what is missing. The rainbow is great. You will love it.

I have an older one and I love it! What Shawnna said sounds about right as compared to my vac.

I have the hoses... it is the part/parts that connect the hoses to the power nozzle and the part/parts that connects the hose to the floor attachment..... I think. LOL.

Anyone?????

Do you have a cord that is in your powerhead that looks long enough to go up a set of wands & plug into your electric hose?

kaseydee said:
Do you have a cord that is in your powerhead that looks long enough to go up a set of wands & plug into your electric hose?

Yes....about 3' long, maybe?

Ok, then you only need a set of extention wands. You'll need two & they are usually metal & will be either friction lock or they might have a tab to lock into place. Let me know if you want me to check our stock at my dad's warehouse. We sell parts for all makes of vacuums.

Also, your tools should be the following:
Floor tool, dusting brush, upholstry tool & crevice tool.
Be sure & empty & clean the unit everytime your finished with it. Some think it is a pain but if you break it down & clean it like its suppose to be done it will help it last longer.

kaseydee said:
Ok, then you only need a set of extention wands. You'll need two & they are usually metal & will be either friction lock or they might have a tab to lock into place. Let me know if you want me to check our stock at my dad's warehouse. We sell parts for all makes of vacuums.

That would be awesome!! I don't need any of the extra attachments, I have all of those. I wasn't sure if I needed the set of 3 wands or the one long one....or both. The previous owners were smokers---UGH--so I did clean the machine really well (except for inside the hoses); but I just found out in a manual that the one part inside can be taken out and cleaned, so I will do that next.

THANK YOU So much for your help!! Let me know if you do have those parts and either PM or email me. Ooops, might help for he model # it's a D4C.

omg....this is the best site ever!

itsjustCarla said:
That would be awesome!! I don't need any of the extra attachments, I have all of those. I wasn't sure if I needed the set of 3 wands or the one long one....or both. The previous owners were smokers---UGH--so I did clean the machine really well (except for inside the hoses); but I just found out in a manual that the one part inside can be taken out and cleaned, so I will do that next.

THANK YOU So much for your help!! Let me know if you do have those parts and either PM or email me. Ooops, might help for he model # it's a D4C.

omg....this is the best site ever!

Have utried calling your local raninbow dealer to see if they have any spare part wands to sell you?

PurpleAngel said:
Have utried calling your local raninbow dealer to see if they have any spare part wands to sell you?

I thought about that......but I was afraid that they'd try and sell me a new one.....I REALLY, REALLY want a new one, but I REALLY REALLY can't afford a new one. LOL.

thanks tho.:chef:

1. What are some common issues with older Rainbow vacuums?

Some common issues with older Rainbow vacuums include reduced suction power, clogged filters, and broken attachments.

2. Can I still find replacement parts for my older Rainbow vacuum?

Yes, many replacement parts for older Rainbow vacuums are still available through authorized dealers or online retailers.

3. How often should I change the filter on my older Rainbow vacuum?

It is recommended to change the filter on your older Rainbow vacuum every 6-12 months, depending on usage.

4. Can I use the same attachments on my older Rainbow vacuum as the newer models?

Yes, most attachments for Rainbow vacuums are interchangeable between older and newer models.

5. Is it worth it to upgrade to a newer Rainbow vacuum?

While older Rainbow vacuums can still be effective, newer models often have improved technology and features that may make cleaning easier and more efficient. It ultimately depends on your personal preference and budget.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • AnnieBee