• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Watching Extreme Home Makeover?

In summary, the family looks like they are doing a good job serving others and the camp smile piece reminded Janet of how many "special needs" people have the same great brains and vibrant personalities.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Looks like a good one tonight... (like there are ever bad ones!)

Anyway, DD is begging to watch it!

This family looks pretty cool!

Yes, I'm watching.

Yea, I'm watching it. It looks good!! I watch this almost every Sunday. It hits me even harder when it's a Military family, because I work for the Veterans.

I have never seen it. Heard of it and seen previews but never watched an episode.

We are watching it. Mobile is 90 miles South of us. This is the town we have to go to for the mall and doctor's and all kinds of things we do not have. I have a cousin that got to help with the house b/c she lives on their street.

I'm watching it! We love this show. My 3 year old says it is his favorite show. (Of course, he also LOVES Bobby Flay and Rachel Ray!)

khergatt said:
I'm watching it! We love this show. My 3 year old says it is his favorite show. (Of course, he also LOVES Bobby Flay and Rachel Ray!)

My 3 yr old LOVES Paula Deen and Rachel Ray! I have to keep some recorded, so, that we can watch them all the time.

i'm watching...great family to put serving others ahead of their own needs. the camp smile piece reminded me that so many "special needs" people have the same great brains and vibrant personalities as "normal" people (as if there's such a thing)

very inspriring

I love the part when they get to see the house. That's right now!

susanr613 said:
i'm watching...great family to put serving others ahead of their own needs. the camp smile piece reminded me that so many "special needs" people have the same great brains and vibrant personalities as "normal" people (as if there's such a thing)

very inspriring

They are usually smarter and have more personality - just can't express it like others do...

...and sometimes don't we all wish the "normal" people weren't so expressive... :D (self-included :p )

After seeing families like this though, I am thankful God didn't give me a special needs child. I have friends that have one, and do great with him when I'm around him, and usually get any special needs kids in AWANA because they seem to do best with me, and my DH is AWESOME when any kids come to camp with special needs, but I know I would not have the strength to handle that 24x7x365. I am in awe of the wonderful mothers and fathers out there!!!! They are awesome!

P.S. I want that kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

janet - agree with you on all points in both posts :)

I really like Extreme Home Makeover. They really do so much for people who do so much for others.

What does anyone think of Oprah's big give?? I am not sure. The part where you get voted off at the end after trying your best to give to others. I have only watched it once.

I watched it last week and this week...jury is still out on that one...doesn't seem to be "that exciting" to me...I found some situations interesting and fun and others just blah...Don't know yet...

I was bummed that I missed it; it's one of the few shows I watch. I had to work at my parents' cafe yesterday & didn't get home till 8:45.
I love the idea of Oprah's show; that we should always help out our neighbors.

Related to Anyone Watching Extreme Home Makeover?

What is the premise of "Extreme Home Makeover"?

"Extreme Home Makeover" is a reality television show where a team of designers, contractors, and volunteers work together to renovate a family's home in just one week. The show focuses on families who are facing significant challenges and helps provide them with a more comfortable and functional living space.

How long has "Extreme Home Makeover" been on air?

The show premiered in 2003 and ran for 9 seasons until 2012. It was then revived in 2020 with a new host and format.

Who is the host of "Extreme Home Makeover"?

The original host of the show was Ty Pennington, but the 2020 revival is hosted by Jesse Tyler Ferguson.

How are families chosen to be featured on "Extreme Home Makeover"?

Families are typically nominated by someone in their community or by a loved one. The show's producers also receive thousands of submissions through their website. The final decision on which families to feature is made by the production team.

What happens to the families after their home is renovated on "Extreme Home Makeover"?

The show's team works closely with the family to ensure that the new home meets their needs and preferences. In addition, the show provides financial counseling and support to help the family maintain their new home. The families also often become advocates for the show and its mission of giving back to the community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kodeysmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
lisacb77