• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What impact did The Pampered Chef have on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition?

In summary, the episode of Extreme Makeover - having made a large donation - is going to air on October 8.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Looks like TPC is going to be on Extreme Makeover - having made a large donation. The episode will air on October 8.

I wonder how much exposure we'll get?

LINKS:Read http://www.capitolhomesoftn.com/extremehome.htmhttp://www.capitolhomesoftn.com/ExtremeDonors.htm to this project. (Yes, TPC is there, you have to wait for the page to load and scroll down. I see that my "Other Job" is listed in there, too!)

I just read the email. I love that show. I am going to email everyone.

Last time they told us they were in a show like that the PC prodcts were shown during a scan of the finished room for like 2 seconds.

That's probably exactly what will happen on Sunday night, too. If they talked about all the donors, the show would have to be two or three hours long and no one would watch it, anyway.At least we have the knowledge that someone in great need received our help. (I use "our" figuratively in this case.)

we had to watch extreme makeover one night cause y husbands work had some tyoew of thing on there and it was only a few seconds also.

I've set to tape.

I think it's awesome that our company is SO generous!!! I don't want you all to be disappointed that we don't get much air time!

It is awesome that if you download the sponsors link that KG gave us and click on the PC icon you go to our website - wouldn't be surprised if that generated some online sales and leads!!

WOO HOO!! PC gives and not only does it help people in real need it helps consultants make their living too!

They also put a list of all the donors/suppliers when the credit roll at the end too.

BethCooks4U said:
Last time they told us they were in a show like that the PC prodcts were shown during a scan of the finished room for like 2 seconds.

I think you're right Beth. I wouldn't expect to see products, just for them to say that the PC helped sponser and donated the kitchen products.

Gosh It is still really cool that TPC is getting mentioned on their!!!

Does anyone have a suggestion for an email to send out to folks to let them know about this?

Trish Kidd
"Toolbelt Trish in Texas"

So which one is the Kitchen Guy's "Other Job?"

They may not even mention PC, did you see all the sponsors?

In all the shows prior they haven't made a big deal over kitchen tools. The email from HO states that we MAY see the products not that we will.

If you are going to tell people about it I would just say they made a donation not that the are going to be "featured" as a sponsor.

I do think it is awesome that they made this donation but as Beth said I think that we shouldn't get our hopes up.

Besides only the director's will benefit from the lead, consultants don't get HO web leads.

I think it's great; just another way that PC shows they care! I love this show. I watch it all the time; never with a dry eye!

I don't think this is a very cool thing! I hate to be the downer, but I watch this show all the time, and they just show the kitchen, not the individual tools. Who knows, Tupperware could be a sponser of all the other shows! I am not sending an e-mail out and make any customers who care watch the whole show just to POSSIBLY catch a second or two of a PC product. It will be awesome if they mention PC or show a products, but I am not going to be making my customer base watch just for that.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they had the new cookware hanging above the stove...OMG...that would definitley bring some sales.

I agree with Nicole, cookware would be AWESOME!

I think it is fantastic that PC donated items without expecting to receive credit. It shows that they are doing it from their heart instead of hoping to gain some business!

jrstephens said:
They also put a list of all the donors/suppliers when the credit roll at the end too.

I wish I could read fast enough to read them!

amya said:
So which one is the Kitchen Guy's "Other Job?"

It's not really the other job as much as that company has a contractual arrangement with my company, so I'm indirectly working for them. I can't actually say it here, but suffice it to say that the company provided, I suspect, food for the crew during construction. You're from Ohio - so are they. ;)

The other show that PC did this for ("Renovate my Family" I think it was called) ended up being a flop of a show (and the producers and others involved with one particular home in the Chicagoland area were sued because of crappy work and unfinished work), but it WAS fun to recognize the PC products out on the kitchen counters when they did the camera scans. At least "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" is an awesome show and won't be gone anytime soon!! I was just thinking it would be cool to have some exposure on that. I can't wait to watch. Maybe that will lead to more "product placements" on that show. Very cool!:D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
LINKS:

Read http://www.capitolhomesoftn.com/extremehome.htm

http://www.capitolhomesoftn.com/ExtremeDonors.htm to this project. (Yes, TPC is there, you have to wait for the page to load and scroll down. I see that my "Other Job" is listed in there, too!)
WOW!! I just checked out the link to the list of sponsors. THere sure are a lot of donors!!!

gilliandanielle said:
I don't think this is a very cool thing! I hate to be the downer, but I watch this show all the time, and they just show the kitchen, not the individual tools. Who knows, Tupperware could be a sponser of all the other shows! I am not sending an e-mail out and make any customers who care watch the whole show just to POSSIBLY catch a second or two of a PC product. It will be awesome if they mention PC or show a products, but I am not going to be making my customer base watch just for that.

Gill: I"m not going to tell all my customers to "watch" for PC items, but I will tell them that PC made a generous donation. I think just knowing that PC donated to yet another organization is good to tell people; not just telling them to watch for the products. We probably won't really "see" them, but we know they're there:) And that family will enjoy everything!

gilliandanielle said:

Just to have the products shown on screen is of inestimatible value. A mention of the product name is probably 15 times more valuable than a visual.

At the price of network advertising, especially a show with ratings as high as this one has, is incredibly high so the free plug is very, very valuable.

"I don't care what they say about me in the newspaper as long as they spell my name right." (Attributed to Mae West, P.T. Barnum, W.C. Fields and others)

One of my favorite P.T. Barnum quotes is, "Without promotion, something terrible happens...NOTHING!"

BethCooks4U said:

The other show that PC did this for ("Renovate my Family" I think it was called) ended up being a flop of a show (and the producers and others involved with one particular home in the Chicagoland area were sued because of crappy work and unfinished work), but it WAS fun to recognize the PC products out on the kitchen counters when they did the camera scans. At least "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" is an awesome show and won't be gone anytime soon!! I was just thinking it would be cool to have some exposure on that. I can't wait to watch. Maybe that will lead to more "product placements" on that show. Very cool!

I think we are making a big deal over nothing. At this point no one but extreme home makeover knows if the even gave pc a "plug" and if they all of those people whom contact the main pc website will be given to directors.

At the most they are going to show the products like they did at this other show and maybe say the kitchen tools were donated by pc.

I do think that it is neat that pc made this donation I just agree with Beth I think alot of consultants are going to be disappointed at the "lack" of exposure. They usually only mention Sear's and the building companies.

I didn't mean to sound so negative...sorry! What I mean is that I think it is worth more to tell my customers that PC donates more than anyone else to America's Second Harvest by rounding up orders and helping our local food banks and helping lots of people, than telling everyone that we donated kitchen tools to one deserving family. JMHO...

bbauman07 said:
They usually only mention Sear's and the building companies.
BINGO!

I have a theory about this show.

1) Bob Villa used be the guru of home improvement on the PBS show, This Old House. In fact, This Old House was the inspiration for Home Improvement and modeling Al after Norm Abram was a pretty cruel trick, IMHO.

The cruel tricks don't stop there.

2) Bob Villa got fired for being too commercial.

3) He went to work for Sears and became the spokesman for Sears tools. I'm not convinced it was a good thing for Sears marketing, because I never see him on Sears spots anymore. Still, he's got that big contract with Sears and he has to do something...SO...

4) ...along comes a chance to stick it to PBS - compress an entire season of This Old House into a one hour episode and do it every week. Voila! Extreme Makeover: Bob Villa's Stick It To PBS Edition.

What I think or feel is irrelavant - what is, is. The show is a success and they are helping people in need. The fact that TPC is helping is a great thing!

lacychef said:
Gill: I"m not going to tell all my customers to "watch" for PC items, but I will tell them that PC made a generous donation. I think just knowing that PC donated to yet another organization is good to tell people; not just telling them to watch for the products. We probably won't really "see" them, but we know they're there:) And that family will enjoy everything!

good point Lacy...I may put that as a tag to my next eblast I send out with a link to the sponsors page to show it's for real. Might also be a good way to remind about Round Up...something like "You all have heard of our great Round Up prog for the food banks. TPC also recently made a donation to Extreme Makeover....etc"

Related to What impact did The Pampered Chef have on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition?

1. What is "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"?

"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" is a popular home renovation and design reality television show that premiered on ABC in 2003. The show follows a team of designers, contractors, and volunteers as they work together to completely transform the homes of deserving families in need.

2. How does the show select the families that will receive a home makeover?

The show's producers and casting team receive nominations from friends, family members, and community members who believe a family is in need of a home makeover. The team then conducts interviews and research to select families with compelling stories and a genuine need for a new or improved home.

3. How long does it take to complete a home makeover on the show?

The timeline for completing a home makeover on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" varies depending on the size and complexity of the project, but it typically takes around 7 days. The team works around the clock, with the help of volunteers and donations, to complete the project within this tight timeframe.

4. How can viewers get involved with the show and help with a home makeover?

Viewers can get involved by following the show's social media accounts and checking for updates on upcoming projects and volunteer opportunities. They can also donate to the featured families or contribute materials and services to the home makeovers.

5. Has "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" ever faced any controversies?

Yes, the show has faced some controversies over the years. Some critics say that the homes built on the show are too extravagant and not practical for the families to maintain. There have also been concerns about the tax implications for the families who receive the home makeovers. However, the show has made efforts to address these issues and continues to bring positive changes to the lives of deserving families.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kodeysmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • MORFIA
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampcheflisa
  • thechefofnorthbend