• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Watch the New Cooking Show in Action Video?

In summary, the three different approaches to presenting the product were all good. Jillian's presentation was the best, followed by Theresa's hands-on approach, and lastly, Soto's presentation. All three were inspiring and the guests seemed to enjoy them.
heat123
Silver Member
I just watched 3/4 of it with Jillian and Theresa was her name? I really liked both approaches (thought Jillian was very down to earth) but man I couldn't imagine lugging all of that stuff to each show LOL. I really liked Theresa's hands on approach with her group! I want to start doing interactive shows like that! It seems like the time would fly by and the guests really get a feel for the products and they seemed to really enjoy it!?!

I didn't have time to watch the other gals, I wonder how it was compared to these two approaches?

I have to go back and take notes on what I liked about each and try and incorporate them into my shows!

What did you all think?:confused:

Cannot wait to get mine and watch it. Now I just have to kich DH out of the living room!

I can't wait to get mine, too!

Can we order it yet?

It will automatically ship to active consultants - no need to order it.Here's a great tip I got: watch it with the Cooking Show Observation Guide and a writing implement. That will allow you to take notes and make sure you watch for specific things.

Thanks Ann! I couldn't remember if we needed to order it or what. I can't wait to get it - I really want to change all of my shows to this format - ASAP! I am loving the concept of this type of show.

Just got mine in the mail today! Love that it comes with popcorn:cool: I'm excited to watch it; probably in the morning though.

Well, I was able to view the last consultant I forgot her first name but last was Soto something. I thought her presentation was pretty good but not as good as Jills and Theresas! But I do want to take bits and pieces of certain aspects of each and note it and then incorp. it into my new Show Outline for 2008! Loved the popcorn idea too, cute! Great to get to see 3 different styles of presentations!

What a surprise to open my mail today and find the dvd with a bag of popcorn! I was expecting the dvd but not the popcorn! I couldn't wait to get online to see if anyone else remarked about the popcorn as I don't remember prior to this post anyone mentioning it.

I wonder if they are going to implement popcorn in the fall?

I just called HO to see when I would be receiving it, but they couldn't tell me. I guess there not keeping track of them.

I got mine Saturday and finished watching it today. I loved the first 2 demo's Jillian wasn't quite my style but still very good. I can not wait to do a show! I loved how they actually asked everyone about the biz and hosting.

I agree it seems like on the 2nd 2 Theresa & Jillian had LOTs of extra products. I soooo do not want to be doing that! I am working toward only doing super starter recipes. Then people can see that they cn truly use just what PC puts in the New Cons Kit.

I have my meeting tonight and get to see all the new products first hand Yayyyy I'm sooo pumped!

Haven't watched mine yet, but I did take some tips from the "teaser" they showed at leadership. I think it was Jillian that passed around the Chef's Tongs. I have done that at 3 shows & have sold more Chef's Tongs than I have since they were introduced!

I got mine in the mail today! But I had to go to a show, which was my first interactive show. I love it so much. I got there later, left earlier and everyone had fun! It took more tools and more dishes to wash but it was great. Cannot wait to watch the DVD to learn more tips

OH! I can't wait to get mine!!! Usually I get things a lil' later then most of you...:( I have a show on the 23rd and I hope I get it before then!!!

Just got mine in the mail. Have not watch it yet!

I got mine yesterday and watched Jillian last night. I really enjoyed it.

I got mine yesterday and only was able to watch a little, so I watched Jillian's. I know Jillian, her and I met in 2001 when we were in a networking class at conference and hit it off right away! We realized we'd be walking together as new directors. She impacted me then and still does. It's quite humbling to see how far she's come! But she's an inspiration too! I loved seeing her in action. I can't wait to finish watching it, hopefully I'll have time to do so today! Busy this morning, but hopefully will have time later~!:)

Anyone know of a good idea of how to kick my husband out of the living room so I can watch this? He doesn't normally leave the house, I hardly get anytime to myself to do things I want to do!

I suppose I do have Friday off work, I could watch both the S/S DVD which should be delivered tomorrow with my supply order and this one on Friday but I don't want to wait that long!

I didn't mention the popcorn because I didn't want to ruin the suprise for everyone.

My style is most like Jillians. I did the hands on last night and felt it took me a lot longer then my regular presentation and I missed mentioning some things.

I received mine yesterday and am planning on watching it tonight. My DH asked me if I wanted to watch it last night, but it was 11:00 pm and I was tired.:indif:

Plus if I watched it without my 4 yr old DS he would have had a fit. I think he was more excited to have received the PC "movie" than I was. He has been waiting. He asked where my "movie" was when we received our change over kits.

I got mine yesterday. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Maybe over the weekend. I am not planning on chaning to it though unless this DVD changes my mine. I have trouble as it is getting people to come up to try the garlic press, HAHA!!!

LOVED the popcorn idea! I thought that was so neat and sweet!

jrstephens said:
I got mine yesterday. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Maybe over the weekend. I am not planning on chaning to it though unless this DVD changes my mine. I have trouble as it is getting people to come up to try the garlic press, HAHA!!!

LOVED the popcorn idea! I thought that was so neat and sweet!

I normally have problems with people wanting to try products but last night everyone was involved! They were having lots of fun trying all the products. I think it helps that you involve everyone and not just have 1 person come up in front of all the rest of the guests.

One of the things about the show being interactive is that everyone is trying the tools. So it isn't singling any person out to try a tool. I think there is less pressure the new way.
(Not trying to talk you into doing them this way, just sharing my view :) )

Jinx! We were typing at the same time! :)

climbercanoe3 said:
One of the things about the show being interactive is that everyone is trying the tools. So it isn't singling any person out to try a tool. I think there is less pressure the new way.
(Not trying to talk you into doing them this way, just sharing my view :) )
Great minds think alike! Everyone was having a lot of fun at my show last night. The mandoline decided to not behave but I think the lime was really soft, that was probably the problem. I had to finish the lime myself! And I sold a citrus press because one lady was amazed at how it worked and hated the one she had at home.

This will be a switch for me too; doing these types of shows. But, I think the important part will be teaming up with your host. Informing her ahead of time that we'll all be doing the recipes together, then she can get everyone excited about it. I think it'll work well if I can inform the guests as they come in that they can drop their purses in the living room, then come to the kitchen to wash hands cause we're cooking first. Then they can sit & look at the book & such....I'm excited to try it!

lacychef said:
This will be a switch for me too; doing these types of shows. But, I think the important part will be teaming up with your host. Informing her ahead of time that we'll all be doing the recipes together, then she can get everyone excited about it. I think it'll work well if I can inform the guests as they come in that they can drop their purses in the living room, then come to the kitchen to wash hands cause we're cooking first. Then they can sit & look at the book & such....I'm excited to try it!

My host was so excited to hear about a shorter show. I was out of her house around 9:00 instead of 10:00! I did put out catalogs in the living room before hand but I won't do that again. They all just wanted to sit in the living room and look at the catalog so it was a little hard to get them into the kitchen. Guests are so used to the normal way to do shows. I am also going to do name tags, have them put their name and favorite product because I missed not hearing their names.

I'm thinking of doing name tags now too; my director swears by it.
I like the idea of their fave product, like they could write "Suzie Chopper" or something! I also liked, can't remember which one from the video we watched last night; she had them put a star for every show they've been to & a smilie face for every show they've hosted. Then you can really tell who the PC junkies are, lol!:)

I've never liked the idea of name tags but without doing introductions it will help alot. Plus if you are working on your recipe and you see Suzie has the food chopper as her favorite you can ask her to talk about it while the other guests are using it.

lacychef said:
Totally for me too, as I tend to do my shows like Jillians:rolleyes: all talk and no interaction. I loved this new version though, and I hope hosts will be on board with this new style cause it's FRESH and New and so different than the old demo style!!!:D

I do nametags at my shows. I make sure that all prep, etc.... is done before guests start to arrive, and then as they come in, I introduce myself to them, ask their name, and write out a name tag for them....chatting with them as I do this. Then, I don't have to do introductions. Often though, if there is some dead air time, I will ask for favorite products, and one way they absolutely love to use it. But I don't go around in a circle and do introductions - and I am able to call guests by name from the beginning of the show.

I think I remember seeing name tags at Dollar Tree, I'll need to remember to go there as soon as possible!

1. What is the concept behind the new cooking show in action video?

The concept behind the new cooking show in action video is to showcase different approaches to hosting a Pampered Chef show and provide inspiration for consultants to incorporate into their own shows.

2. Who are the hosts featured in the video?

The two hosts featured in the video are Jillian and Theresa.

3. What are the differences between Jillian and Theresa's approaches?

Jillian's approach is described as down to earth, while Theresa's is described as hands-on. Jillian focuses on demonstrating the products while Theresa involves her guests in the cooking process.

4. How do interactive shows compare to traditional shows?

Interactive shows, like Theresa's, allow guests to have a more hands-on experience and get a feel for the products in action. This can make the time fly by and create a more enjoyable and memorable experience for the guests.

5. How can consultants incorporate the approaches seen in the video into their own shows?

Consultants can take notes on what they liked about each approach and try to incorporate those elements into their own shows. This can help make their shows more engaging and interactive for their guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tx_deputyswife
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heat123
  • cochef