• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Have a Show Outline for the Greek Cheese Torta?

My berry basket filled up with water and spinach leaves so I just had to shake it out before I put the nuts on. It was a pain to get the nuts out though.um, yeah, I'm on it! :rolleyes:I have used the berry basket many times to dry the spinach without a paper towel amd it worked great!It worked great for it!
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Anyone? I hate to reinvent the wheel...

This is one dish I have to stay every far away from. I'm highly allergic to pistachios. Sorry.

^ Oh, I've made that three times and left out the nuts. It's sooooo good! I've had TONS of compliments on it!

Debala715 said:
This is one dish I have to stay every far away from. I'm highly allergic to pistachios. Sorry.

In the SBRC it says you can sub toasted almonds for the pistachios.
I am wondering a couple of things -- would it be possible to drain teh spinach using the Salad Spinner? And why wait til the end to put the nuts on? Can't you put them in the bowl first? As the first layer? Or would the cheese ooze thru them? Oh, and also - can I add a clove of garlic to the cheese mixture?

Do you mean spin the spinach or just use the collander to drain it? I would think that if you spinned it in the salad spinner it would be stuck all over the collander and a real pain to get it out - you could try though.

pamperedlinda said:
Do you mean spin the spinach or just use the collander to drain it? I would think that if you spinned it in the salad spinner it would be stuck all over the collander and a real pain to get it out - you could try though.

I mean spin it - I could swear I read somewhere that it was said that you could use the SBS to dry thawed frozen spinach...

I don't want to try it though - LOL I'd rather ask if anyone else had a disaster experience with it first - LOLOLOL

I'm not going to be the brave soul to give this a try, I already know how bad it gets stuck in the regular collander! I can just envision what this experiment would look like :eek: and it ain't pretty.

What if we lined the berry basket with paper towels (like it says to line the small colander with paper towels) an then spun it?

dannyzmom said:
What if we lined the berry basket with paper towels (like it says to line the small colander with paper towels) an then spun it?
That might work. I didn't know I was suposed to line the basket for berries! Guess I shoulda read the PIG - huh?! Now, that I'd be willing to try. But, I don't have any frozen spinach at home and no plans to go to the grocery store today.

pamperedlinda said:
That might work. I didn't know I was suposed to line the basket for berries! Guess I shoulda read the PIG - huh?! Now, that I'd be willing to try. But, I don't have any frozen spinach at home and no plans to go to the grocery store today.

No, no - nowhere does it say you have to line the basket for berries...but in the torta recipe it suggests lining the colander with PT for drying the spinach so I am thinking maybe lining the berry-basket to spin the spinach dry?

dannyzmom said:
No, no - nowhere does it say you have to line the basket for berries...but in the torta recipe it suggests lining the colander with PT for drying the spinach so I am thinking maybe lining the berry-basket to spin the spinach dry?
might work.

I have used the berry basket many times to dry the spinach without a paper towel amd it worked great!

Carolyn - I decided to try the berry basket to spin the spinach for THE FIRST TIME AT A SHOW on 4/9. I told my guests I usually NEVER experiment at shows. ;)It worked great for it! I did not use paper towels - just the spinach as is.

Related to Anyone Have a Show Outline for the Greek Cheese Torta?

1. What ingredients are needed for the Greek Cheese Torta?

The ingredients for the Greek Cheese Torta include cream cheese, feta cheese, Kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes, scallions, dill, and phyllo dough.

2. How long does it take to make the Greek Cheese Torta?

The prep time for the Greek Cheese Torta is about 15 minutes, and it takes 45 minutes to bake in the oven.

3. Can I make the Greek Cheese Torta ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Greek Cheese Torta a day in advance and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake it.

4. Is the Greek Cheese Torta suitable for vegetarians?

Yes, the Greek Cheese Torta does not contain any meat products and is suitable for vegetarians.

5. Can I substitute any of the ingredients in the Greek Cheese Torta?

Yes, you can substitute the feta cheese with goat cheese or the sun-dried tomatoes with roasted red peppers for a different flavor profile.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• adge
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
adge
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies