• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Have a Recipe Using Goat Cheese?

In summary, Chef Ann suggests a recipe using goat cheese that was published in Bon Appetit back in 2001. The recipe calls for thinly slicing potatoes, baking in a dish covered in cream, and topping with egg and mushroom slices. Another recipe that includes goat cheese and bacon is also shared. The person writing the summary enjoyed a spinach salad with goat cheese, eggs, bacon, and mushrooms at a local restaurant.
DessertDivaFL
Gold Member
Does anyone have a really good recipe using goat cheese?

There are some onion goat cheese tartlets from a SBRC a couple years ago that are good. The recipe should be on CC.

Oh my gosh this is great but not PC -- from Bon Appetit back in 2001. It'll make you slap your mama....

Potato Gratin with Goat Cheese and Garlic
1 cup whole milk
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup crumbled soft fresh goat cheese (such as Montrachet; about 5 ounces)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced

Preheat oven to 400°F. Generously butter 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish. Whisk first 7 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Arrange 1/3 of potatoes in bottom of prepared dish, overlapping slightly and covering completely. Pour 1/3 of cream mixture over. Repeat layering potatoes and cream mixture 2 more times. Bake uncovered until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown in spots, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Serve hot.

Serves 4-6.​

Leslie, you are a riot! Wow! That recipe sounds incredible! I just love goat cheese.

I knew about the Three-Onion Goat Cheese Tartlet, but thanks Chef Ann. However, I wanted something different.

Would love to hear from more of you!

Last edited:
roll it in fresh cracked pepper spread it on a slice of crusty french bread and a glass of winei also stir it in to a lemon wine sauce with shrimp & capers to pour over pasta

I have never had goat cheese. Or at least not to my knowledge anyway.

I've had a Goat Cheese and Eggplant Pizza at a restaurant - delish!

Goat cheese is awesome on pizza, as Linda mentioned! My favorite way to have it is with pasta arrabiatta (sure I didn't spell that right, but it's a spicy red sauce). I also love to make a salad with greens, dried cranberries, almonds, goat cheese and Newman's Own Lite Lime Vinagrette dressing -- mmmmm, yummy!

Back when we had the tapas theme show, the filling for the tapas was made with goat cheese. I'm not sure if that's still in the archived theme shows on cc or not.

OK, my mouth is watering! :p I will have to see if I can find that tapas filling on CC. I do love goat cheese on pizza too!

I had it on salad before and I think it had walnuts in it.

I love roasted red peppers and goat cheese together too.

One of my favorites is a spinach salad made with the dressing below and you add Dried Cranberries, Sliced Mushrooms, Roasted slivered Almonds, and crumbled goat cheese... it is amazing. Although you could add any ingredients you wish... the dressing is key! :love::thumbup:

Spinach Salad

1 pound fresh Baby spinach
4 boiled eggs, sliced
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
Dried Cranberries to taste
Slivered toasted almonds to taste
Crumbled Goat Cheese for sprinkling on top of salad

DRESSING:

1 cup salad oil
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup Apple Cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 Green onion- sliced thinly

Mix dressing ingredients and refrigerate. Combine salad ingredients, saving a few egg and mushrooms slices to arrange on top. For a wilted salad, pour dressing on and toss before serving. For a crisp salad, leave dressing off and pass for individual serving.

Yummy! I'll be making that one!

Tonight, I layered homemade hummus (from a local restaurant I love), some of their homemade hot-sauce, goat cheese and tomatoes on a pita. Oh, I love this so much! When we have beef roast leftovers, I add that to the pita, fold it up and grill it all in the grill pan. It's my favorite lunch! The goat cheese and special hot sauce (it's NOT red hot sauce) combo is fabulous!

1. Can you recommend a recipe that uses goat cheese as a main ingredient?

Yes, one delicious recipe is a Goat Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Chicken. Simply stuff chicken breasts with a mixture of goat cheese, spinach, and herbs, then bake until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted and creamy.

2. Do you have any appetizer recipes that use goat cheese?

A popular recipe is Goat Cheese and Fig Crostini. Start by toasting slices of baguette, then top with a spread of goat cheese and a slice of fresh fig. You can also drizzle with honey for added sweetness.

3. Can you recommend a vegetarian recipe that includes goat cheese?

Yes, a delicious option is a Roasted Vegetable and Goat Cheese Quiche. Simply roast a variety of vegetables, such as bell peppers, zucchini, and onions, then mix with goat cheese and eggs to create a flavorful quiche filling. Bake in a pie crust for a hearty vegetarian meal.

4. Are there any dessert recipes that use goat cheese?

Absolutely! One of our favorites is a Goat Cheese and Berry Tart. Start by making a crust with crushed graham crackers, then top with a creamy mixture of goat cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Add a layer of fresh berries on top for a light and refreshing dessert.

5. Can I substitute goat cheese for other types of cheese in a recipe?

Yes, goat cheese can be substituted for many other types of cheese in recipes. It has a tangy and slightly sweet flavor, so it pairs well with a variety of dishes. Just keep in mind that it has a softer texture than some other cheeses, so it may not melt the same way. Also, the flavor may be stronger, so adjust the amount used accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tlag1986
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
INGonzalez
  • Deb V
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies