• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Have a Good Macoroni Salad Recipe?

In summary, my mom's macaroni salad recipe calls for cooked macaroni, diced onion, pickles, celery, mayo, sugar, and mustard. It is topped with boiled eggs and is delicious.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
I am looking for a good Macoroni Salad recipe for Sunday. TIA

here is the one i make, box of macaroni cook it, drain.
then add tomato
cucumber
green onion
bell pepper
mayo
salt and pepper to taste

If you go to Allrecipes, search for the Amish Macaroni salad. It is delicious and everyone always asks for the recipe... be warned, it sounds baaaaad for you... lots of Miracle whip and lots of sugar, but it really does taste good! The sweetness mellows out overnight so don't make it and eat right away.

Oh man, my mom makes the best macaroni salad. Sorry I don't have time to get her recipe......I know she uses big shell macaroni, adds tomato, cucumber, green peppers, & little chunks of cheese; and the dressing is mayo, vinegar, sugar.....something else!

My mom makes the best macaroni salad!!! It is really basic but there is a lot of stuff in it.

Don't have a macaroni salad recipe but here's an awesome pasta salad if it doesn't matterTortellini Antipasto Salad
2 packages (9 oz. each) DiGiorno three cheese tortellini, cooked, drained and rinsed
1 envelope Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing Mix, prepared
1 small red onion, finely chopped
8 oz. mozzarella cheese, cut in small cubes
1 large green pepper, chopped
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small can sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
Combine all ingredients, cover and chill several hours.

chefkristin said:
My mom makes the best macaroni salad!!! It is really basic but there is a lot of stuff in it.
NO! My mom does! LOL:p (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Here is what I do...1 lb of macoroni boiled to that I had 1 medium onion diced, 4 pickles diced (I use the ones that you buy refrigerated), 2 small cans of tuna, 3 boiled eggs and about 1-1 1/2 cups of mayo, plus salt and pepper to taste. It's my sons favorite!!

BLT mac salad, YUMMs!

I have two. One is DH's fav. One is mine. :)

DH's fav
1 lb. pasta, elbow or shells work best
1 pkg. frozen peas & carrots
ranch dressing (the homemade version of hidden valley)

Cook the noodles according to directions, then toss the peas & carrots in at the last few minutes. Drain & rinse in cold water. Then toss with the ranch. Sometimes I sprinkle crisp cooked bacon on it too.

Mine fav:
1 lb. rotini
red or yellow pepper, diced
red onion, thin slices, quartered
tomato, diced
italian dressing, i think wishbone is best
salt & pepper

Cook pasta, then rinse & drain.

Mix all the rest together & put over pasta.

Here's Mine:

1-2 lbs. of macaroni
2-3 tbsp sweet pickle relish
4-6 stalks of celery diced
1 1/2 c. miracle whip
1 c. sugar or splenda (may want to reduce the splenda as it's a little sweeter)
1-2 tbsp. yellow mustard
4-6 boiled eggs.

Mix everthing up. Add the cooked macaroni. Let sit awhile (to let the sugar dissolve). You can add a little more/little less of things to suit your taste. You can even chop up some onion too.

IT'S YUMMY!! Everytime I make this, I always have someone ask for the recipe.

Related to Anyone Have a Good Macoroni Salad Recipe?

1. How do I make a creamy macaroni salad?

To make a creamy macaroni salad, you will need mayonnaise, sour cream, and Dijon mustard. Cook your macaroni according to package instructions and let it cool. In a separate bowl, mix together the mayo, sour cream, and mustard until well combined. Add the macaroni to the mixture and stir until all the pasta is coated. You can also add in other ingredients such as diced vegetables or protein to add more flavor and texture to your salad.

2. Can I use a different type of pasta for macaroni salad?

Yes, you can use any type of pasta for macaroni salad. However, for the best results, it is recommended to use short and sturdy pasta like elbow macaroni, cavatappi, or penne. These types of pasta hold their shape and do not become mushy when mixed with the dressing and other ingredients.

3. How long does macaroni salad last in the fridge?

Macaroni salad can last in the fridge for 3-5 days if stored in an airtight container. It is important to keep it chilled at all times to prevent bacteria growth. If you want to make a large batch, it is best to add the dressing right before serving to prevent the salad from becoming soggy.

4. Can I make macaroni salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make macaroni salad ahead of time. However, it is recommended to add the dressing right before serving for the best taste and texture. If you need to make it ahead of time, you can cook the pasta and chop the vegetables, then store them separately in the fridge. When you are ready to serve, mix everything together with the dressing.

5. How can I make my macaroni salad healthier?

To make a healthier version of macaroni salad, you can use whole wheat or gluten-free pasta. You can also substitute the mayonnaise with Greek yogurt or a light mayonnaise. Adding in more vegetables such as bell peppers, cucumbers, and carrots can also increase the nutritional value of the salad. You can also reduce the amount of dressing used or substitute it with a vinaigrette for a lighter option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sabrina oden
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • heat123