• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Have a Bread Machine? Want to Share Recipes and Tips?

In summary, the conversation was about bread machines and recipes to make in them. The participants shared their experiences with bread machines and recipes they have tried. One person also shared a recipe for Cinnabon cinnamon rolls that can be made using a bread machine. They also discussed the possibility of obtaining a recipe book from the manufacturer's website or by contacting them directly.
DessertDivaFL
Gold Member
I have been wanting a bread machine for years and I usually see them at yard sales. This time I actually bought a brand new one from QVC. I bought their brand, Cook's Essential Bread Machine. I made my first loaf of bread last night. It was so easy and the bread was heaven!

Anyone else have a bread machine? What do you like to make in it? Have any recipes to share?

I too have one but I am waiting to see who answers this post with what they do in their's, just didn't want you to feel alone, LOL.

I used to have one, it collected dust more than it made bread. LOL Home made bread though is the BEST! :p

I have one, but a friend borrowed the recipe book that went with it and then she moved! :rolleyes: Needless to say, I never got it back. I have a pizza dough recipe and a white bread recipe that a friend gave me. They are pretty good, but I'm curious to see if anyone else has a good recipe for it. I haven't made it in a long time. Let me dig out those 2 recipes and I'll be back to post them. :D

babywings76 said:
I have one, but a friend borrowed the recipe book that went with it and then she moved! :rolleyes: Needless to say, I never got it back. I have a pizza dough recipe and a white bread recipe that a friend gave me. They are pretty good, but I'm curious to see if anyone else has a good recipe for it. I haven't made it in a long time. Let me dig out those 2 recipes and I'll be back to post them. :D

You might be able to get the recipe book at the manufacturers website or call them, I bet they'd send you a copy.

smart2cook said:
I too have one but I am waiting to see who answers this post with what they do in their's, just didn't want you to feel alone, LOL.

You are a doll! :balloon:

I sure do...have a Zosuruiski (sp) cant remember how to spell and too lazy to get up and look!! I have had mine since they first came out and I love it...dont use it every week, but its there when I need it.....besides bread, I love to make pizza dough and I always make my cinnamon roll dough in it and they are the best...the dough is never tough!!!!!! I take them to work and I get lots of orders for them when I do!! You are gonna just love this appliance..have fun!:love::love::love:

BethCooks4U said:
You might be able to get the recipe book at the manufacturers website or call them, I bet they'd send you a copy.

Great idea! I'll look into it. It's a Sunbeam one.

So, I found my recipes. Then after reading the last comment, I remembered that a good friend of mine has a Cinnabon recipe. She makes the dough in her breadmaker first. I'll find that next.

Pizza Dough (makes one big pizza)

1 cup water
1 Tbsp shortening/margarine
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3 cups bread flour
1 1/4 tsp yeast

Add the ingredients in order. I usually make a tiny well for the yeast to sit in. Put it on the dough setting (1 1/2 hours usually). Bake pizza at 425 for 15 minutes.

White Bread

1 1/2 cups water
2 Tbsp shortening/margarine
4 1/2 cups bread flour
2 Tbsp powdered milk
1 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp yeast

Add ingredients in order. Make a well for the yeast to sit in.

Here's my friends recipe: (remember to just adjust it to mix the dough in the bread maker bowl instead and put it on the dough setting)Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls

Rolls
1 pkg or 1 Tbsp yeast
1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup melted margarine
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
4 cups flourFilling
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
1/3 cup softened margarineIcing
8 Tbsp margarine
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup cream cheese (2 oz)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp saltFor the rolls: dissolve yeast in warm milk in a large bowl. Add sugar, margarine, salt, eggs and flour. Mix well. Knead dough into a large ball using your hands dusted lightly with flour. Put in a bowl and let rise 1 hour in a warm place. These steps are easiest to do in a bread maker. Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough flat until it is approximately 21 inches long and 16 inches across and 1/4 inch thick.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. For the filling: combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Spread softened margarine over surface of the dough, sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the surface. Working carefully from the top of 2-inch side, roll the dough down to the bottom edge. Cut rolled dough into a 1 3/4 inch slices and place 6 at a time on a lightly greased pan. Bake for 10 minutes and coat generously with icing.My friend just puts them in a 9x13 pan instead. I think they cooked a little longer than the 10 minutes though.

I use mine a lot. I usually just set it to the dough setting and then make them into dinner rolls, and rub the tops with butter. I have had 3 or 4 of them and they have all come from garage sales. They do wear out. I actually had one fall off the counter and break. My family loves fresh bread.

Pizza Dough

2 LB loaf, 2 large pizza crusts

1 2/3 cups water
4 ½ cups bread flour
1 tsp. salt
2 T sugar
2 T dry milk
2 T shortening (olive oil)
2 tsp. yeast

Add all ingredients in order, (use room temp water),
Add to bread machine, set to dough. Make a well in the middle of the flour and add sugar and yeast there.
Pour the olive oil along the side so the dough won’t stick.

Man, I guess I need to go get mine off of the shelf and use it. I use to make it ALL the time and haven't thought about it in a while. I LOVED the bread it made. I guess maybe Monday after my streak of 3 shows this weekend I might be making me some yummy bread! :)

We are on our 3 one (they didnt wear out always getting the one with a bigger loaf size)
there is an awesome recipe on here someone posted using popcorn oil
I make pizza crust, breads (go to a used bookstore and look for the book electric breads) i make cinnamon rolls and dough for breakfast pigs(we call them hogs) because i use the big smoked sausages

I can't wait to try these recipes. You guys are great! My parents want bread now and I have a feeling I will be making more bread for others than myself. But that's fine. The ingredients are not that expensive. I just bought a Tupperware container today for the bread flour.

i love the bread machine yeast

I bought the Tupperware container also for the bread flour Danielle. It's great. I probably use my bread machine more often for the pizza dough than I do for making bread but we love the bread too. If you would like a recipe for some easy pizza sauce let me know and I will post it.

Sandy

I made bread for my parents since they were making spaghetti sauce and invited us over for dinner yesterday. My dad said, "How dare you bring over this delicious bread!!!" He couldn't stop eating it.

I saw in my instruction book for the bread machine that I can bake cakes. Sounds strange to me.

I have a bread machine in the basement collecting dust. It was leftover from my ex SIL when she moved out.I might try my hand at pizza crust some time, or maybe bake a loaf of white bread. Is bread flour very different?(and powdered milk? ICK! Can you use real milk and a bit less water? And I worry about "room temperature water. How warm or cold is that, exactly? Should I just let a bottle of water sit in my air-conditioned kitchen all day?

Go to a good thrift store. There is an awesome one made by DAK - you can find instructions for it online.I love mine, use it weekly for making basic bread dough - SO yummY!Bread flour makes stronger strands inside the bread than regular fiber - but both work just fine. Here's my favorite recipe:2 ½ teaspoons rapid rise yeast (or ONE pouch of yeast)
3 ¾ cups bread flour
1 ½ teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons buttery flavored oil (for corn popping)
¼ cup sugar
1 cup water – warm to your fingers, NOT hot!
1/3 cup milk, warmed – NOT hot!Combine water & milk in bowl and warm in microwave about 2 minutes – just cozy warm, NOT hot! (At least twice I’ve killed the yeast by making this too hot) Put dry ingredients into bread machine in order listed, with water/milk mixture last. Push “start”. If your machine has the options, this is a White bread and you want a Light crust.(Also delicious as Rosemary Bread with 4 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves added at the beginning, then sprinkle 2 teaspoons kosher salt on top as it bakes. Or, for Olive Rosemary Bread use olive oil instead of buttery oil, and add 4 tablespoons fresh rosemary at the beginning plus your choice of ¾ cup of pitted olives, drained on paper towels first. Still salt the top with 2 teaspoons kosher salt. Fantastic!)Yield: 1 loaf Prep time: 120 minutes

I have a brita pitcher that we keep on the kitchen counter so we always have room temp water. I only use the powdered milk in the pizza dough and I don't really notice that there is powdered milk in the dough. Yeah a bottled water that has sat on your air conditioned kitchen counter should work out just fine with this recipe. Might be worth a try to use regular milk with less water,altough I haven't tried it that way myself. This recipe was passed on to me from a friend and it has been our favorite since.

Oh yeah I guess I also use the powdered milk for the bread I make in the bread machine also. Just use the bread machine more often for pizza dough than I do for making bread I guess.

You guys are great for posting all these yummy recipes--I've had a bread maker for about 5 years and only use it in the winter for some reason. Now I need to get it out again. I've always used the box mixes for the bread maker.

scottcooks said:
Go to a good thrift store. There is an awesome one made by DAK - you can find instructions for it online.

I love mine, use it weekly for making basic bread dough - SO yummY!

Bread flour makes stronger strands inside the bread than regular fiber - but both work just fine. Here's my favorite recipe:

2 ½ teaspoons rapid rise yeast (or ONE pouch of yeast)
3 ¾ cups bread flour
1 ½ teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons buttery flavored oil (for corn popping)
¼ cup sugar
1 cup water – warm to your fingers, NOT hot!
1/3 cup milk, warmed – NOT hot!

Combine water & milk in bowl and warm in microwave about 2 minutes – just cozy warm, NOT hot! (At least twice I’ve killed the yeast by making this too hot)

Put dry ingredients into bread machine in order listed, with water/milk mixture last. Push “start”. If your machine has the options, this is a White bread and you want a Light crust.

(Also delicious as Rosemary Bread with 4 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves added at the beginning, then sprinkle 2 teaspoons kosher salt on top as it bakes. Or, for Olive Rosemary Bread use olive oil instead of buttery oil, and add 4 tablespoons fresh rosemary at the beginning plus your choice of ¾ cup of pitted olives, drained on paper towels first. Still salt the top with 2 teaspoons kosher salt. Fantastic!)

Yield: 1 loaf Prep time: 120 minutes

Butter-flavored oil sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing your recipes. I will have to try this soon!

1. How do I use a bread machine?

To use a bread machine, first make sure it is plugged in and the bread pan is in place. Then, add your ingredients in the order specified in your bread machine's manual. Close the lid and select your desired settings, such as loaf size and crust color. Press start and the machine will mix, knead, rise, and bake the bread for you.

2. What types of bread can I make in a bread machine?

A bread machine can make a variety of breads, such as white, whole wheat, multigrain, gluten-free, and even sweet breads like banana or zucchini. Some machines also have settings for making dough for pizza or rolls. Check your bread machine's manual for specific recipes and instructions.

3. Can I use regular flour in a bread machine?

Yes, you can use regular all-purpose flour in a bread machine. However, different types of flour may require different measurements, so it's important to follow your machine's manual for the best results. Some machines also have settings for using bread flour or whole wheat flour.

4. How do I clean my bread machine?

To clean your bread machine, first unplug it and allow it to cool down. Then, remove the bread pan and wash it with warm soapy water. Wipe down the inside of the machine with a damp cloth, being careful not to get any water in the electrical components. Dry everything thoroughly before reassembling. Some bread machines also have removable parts that are dishwasher safe.

5. Can I add my own ingredients to a bread machine mix?

Yes, you can add your own ingredients to a bread machine mix. However, it's important to follow the recommended measurements and instructions in your machine's manual to ensure the bread turns out properly. Adding too much or too little of certain ingredients can affect the texture and rise of the bread.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scottcooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedSheep
  • The_Kitchen_Guy