• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Had Monovison Lasik And...

In summary, monovision LASIK is a type of laser eye surgery that corrects one eye for distance vision and the other eye for near vision. It is recommended for individuals over 40 with presbyopia. During the procedure, one eye is reshaped for distance vision while the other is left slightly nearsighted for close-up vision. This allows the brain to adjust and reduces the need for reading glasses. Monovision LASIK may not be suitable for everyone and potential side effects include dry eyes, glare, halos, and difficulty with depth perception. Recovery time is typically shorter than traditional LASIK, but it may take a few weeks for the eyes to fully adjust.
krwebster
Gold Member
never gotten "use" to it? I had LASIK last Monday (5/24) & the doctor told me that I needed to get "monoish" (slight monovision) LASIK done. Well, I did and as of today I can say for sure that I hate it! I know that the healing time can be up to 3 months but I can't imagine all summer like this. Distance vision is OK - but reading, computer is so blurry, Plus I see "star-bursts" on almost everything. Any help, advice, encouragement, etc. would be appreciated!

MY DH and I had LASIK about 5 years ago , we did it the same day
He had what is called monovision , one eye close up one eye distance . I didn't cause I tryed contacts like that and could not get use to it at all .So I just did it for distance
We both did great . Pete had night glasses for a little while while he drove the no more. It took all this time for me to need cheater glasses for reading or computer work
We did need to use wetiing drops for a while too Pete still dosn't need anything and loves the monovision

I have monovision lasik, had it done about 5-6 years ago, before I needed reading glasses. The doctor didn't want to do it, she was afraid I wouldn't get used to it. I've had no trouble whatsoever, and I'm so glad that I don't need reading glasses. I had a good idea that I would adjust well, my job in the military, imagery interepretation, required me to look through a microscope sort of thing at 2d imagery that I had to make in to 3d with my brain.

You can always go back and have them touch up the one eye to 20/20

Related to Anyone Had Monovison Lasik And...

1. What is monovision LASIK?

Monovision LASIK is a type of laser eye surgery that corrects one eye for distance vision and the other eye for near vision. It is typically recommended for individuals over the age of 40 who are experiencing presbyopia, or age-related difficulty with close-up vision.

2. How does monovision LASIK work?

During the procedure, the laser reshapes the cornea in one eye to provide clear distance vision, while leaving the other eye slightly nearsighted for close-up vision. This allows the brain to adjust and use the appropriate eye for different tasks, reducing the need for reading glasses or bifocals.

3. Is monovision LASIK suitable for everyone?

No, monovision LASIK may not be suitable for everyone. It is important to have a thorough consultation with a qualified eye doctor to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure. Factors such as the severity of your nearsightedness and your overall eye health will be taken into consideration.

4. What are the potential side effects of monovision LASIK?

As with any surgery, there are potential risks and side effects. Some people may experience temporary symptoms such as dry eyes, glare, halos, or difficulty with depth perception. These usually improve over time, but it is important to discuss any concerns with your doctor before undergoing the procedure.

5. How long does it take to recover from monovision LASIK?

The recovery time for monovision LASIK is typically shorter than traditional LASIK. Most people are able to return to their normal activities within a few days. However, it may take a few weeks for your eyes to fully adjust to the new vision and for any temporary side effects to subside.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Karen
  • General Chat
Replies