• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone From Ca &/Or Duke Cluster Going?

In summary, a group of people are discussing their attendance at a conference and their involvement in a hospitality cluster. Some are direct recruits of a woman named Barb, while others are part of a hospitality cluster in California and Texas. They are also discussing their travel plans and the possibility of discounted flights. One person is retiring, while another is launching a new photography business. They are all excited to attend the conference and grateful for their connections within the company.
pampermejolene
Gold Member
anybody? anybody?

I'm a hospitality member with Team Cali with Robyn. She & I are going but not sure about others.

What is a hospitality cluster? I keep seeing it everywhere

Barb is my uplline. KISRAE(Ida) & I are going, we are flying out of San Jose, staying at the Sheraton.

I wish I could go, even though I have 9 toes out the door to retirement from PC... NC is SO MUCH FUN!

Jolene - are you a direct recruit of Barb's?

I still need to book my ticket- I should have when others found it for $279- I had to think of who was sitting my kids and I should have dealt with that AFTER I bought the ticket! ARGH! Now prices are $345!!!!

I'm a hospitality girl because my original cluster was out of RI where I signed but my director and I both moved- me to CA and her to TX. Now I have my Cali hospitality cluster AND one in TX since her Director is OUTSTANDING and has taken me under her wing as if I signed with her. I am TRULY BLESSED!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going! I'm in Barbara's downline. I don't have my ticket yet either, but Robin Anderson (my new director as mine lost her directorship) is helping me with getting me a room. Are you going?

jbdowd0798 said:
I still need to book my ticket- I should have when others found it for $279- I had to think of who was sitting my kids and I should have dealt with that AFTER I bought the ticket! ARGH! Now prices are $345!!!!

I'm a hospitality girl because my original cluster was out of RI where I signed but my director and I both moved- me to CA and her to TX. Now I have my Cali hospitality cluster AND one in TX since her Director is OUTSTANDING and has taken me under her wing as if I signed with her. I am TRULY BLESSED!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been getting emails from Southwest, the deals currently going on are for travel through a midpoint in June. I'm holding out a little longer with the hope that in another few weeks the travel in mid July will be discounted. If I get any great deal info I'll pass it on. I'll likely be flying out of the Bay Area because so far that is cheaper and I have friends down there to take me to the airport :)

Thanks for explaining the hospitality thing.... so it just means you aren't with your original group of folks...

PampChefJoy said:
I wish I could go, even though I have 9 toes out the door to retirement from PC... NC is SO MUCH FUN!

Jolene - are you a direct recruit of Barb's?

You're retiring?

yea, I'm a direct recruit of Barb's. I contacted HO to look into the biz (hadn't been to a PC show in like 6 years but I have a friend who does other direct sales and was trying to recruit me but I knew that company was not for me... blah blah blah) and they hooked me up with Barb how lucky am I?!

I am not from Barbara's cluster, but I am from Cali and am going to Conference (wave 3). I am in Susan Kaufmann's downline.

pampermejolene said:
I've been getting emails from Southwest, the deals currently going on are for travel through a midpoint in June. I'm holding out a little longer with the hope that in another few weeks the travel in mid July will be discounted. If I get any great deal info I'll pass it on. I'll likely be flying out of the Bay Area because so far that is cheaper and I have friends down there to take me to the airport :)

I'm in Barb's cluster & going! I think we're all waiting for SW to release beyond June 25.

pampermejolene said:
You're retiring?

yea, I'm a direct recruit of Barb's. I contacted HO to look into the biz (hadn't been to a PC show in like 6 years but I have a friend who does other direct sales and was trying to recruit me but I knew that company was not for me... blah blah blah) and they hooked me up with Barb how lucky am I?!

You are VERY lucky... Barb is an awesome director!

I have been semi-retired for a long time, but I think I am ready to hang up the apron for good... it's taking too much energy to even round up my maintenance shows every other month. I launch a new photography business next month (Welcome to Studio JE Design & Photography) and between that and Tasty Tidbits, and working 40 hours a week with a 1 1/2 hour round trip commute... I am out of time!

Check Craigslist for tickets. I have purchased my tickets for NC twice now using Craigslist. People who have rapid reward tickets choose any price they want for round trip tickets anywhere. I got my ticket for $250 from Oregon to Chicago. Current southwest price for the same ticket is: $761 Yikes. I'm

I have to agree Barb is GREAT. My AD is a hag and Barb has helped me along with Amanda.
Jolene, We'll be having dinner together then.
Where in California are you?

Yay!! I can't wait to meet you all at the Director's dinner! I'm in Roseville.

I am in Barb's first line. I just decided to go to Conference tonight. I registered now I need a room. Anybody need a roommate?

Barbara is my Director's, Director! I won't be going to NC...I just wanted to share my "relatives". lol

Jolene- sorry I didn't see your comment about hospitality til now. Thats correct- I'm just not with my original cluster anymore. Another director welcomed me into her group. I'm extra blessed with two clusters & two hospitality directors taking me under their wings!

cookingwithlove said:
I am in Barb's first line. I just decided to go to Conference tonight. I registered now I need a room. Anybody need a roommate?

Wendy ~ send an email to Barb saying you're going, but need a room. She can post something to the Director's loop she has.

Thanks Ginny. Barb and I talked today and she found me a spot.

cookingwithlove said:
Thanks Ginny. Barb and I talked today and she found me a spot.

I knew she would...she's AWESOME!

She is awesome. She inherited me after my director and upline director lost their directorship. I have a whole different attitude after I met Barbara. I feel so fortunate to have her as my director!

1. What is the "Anyone From Ca &/Or Duke Cluster Going?" event?

The "Anyone From Ca &/Or Duke Cluster Going?" event is a gathering organized for individuals who are originally from California or have attended Duke University. It is a networking opportunity for people from these two groups to connect and socialize.

2. How do I register for the event?

You can register for the event by visiting the official event page on the Pampered Chef website and clicking on the registration link. You will need to provide your name, contact information, and any relevant affiliations with California or Duke University.

3. Can I bring a guest to the event?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a guest to the "Anyone From Ca &/Or Duke Cluster Going?" event. However, please make sure to register them as well so we can have an accurate headcount for the event.

4. Is there a dress code for the event?

There is no specific dress code for the event, but we recommend business casual attire. We want everyone to feel comfortable and able to network in a relaxed environment.

5. Will there be food and drinks provided at the event?

Yes, there will be light refreshments and drinks provided at the "Anyone From Ca &/Or Duke Cluster Going?" event. However, if you have any specific dietary restrictions, please let us know in your registration form so we can accommodate your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Ritz
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Paige Dixon
Replies