• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Travel Directions From the Bronx Ladies

In summary, Ginger learned that Jillian Eisenberg is a fun to watch cook and that she should take notes from her shows.
Geekgirl69
Gold Member
Hey,

Any of you that are going to the City Island Cluster meetings, I need some help. My recruit doesn't drive and needs to know if he can get there by public transportation. He would be coming from Queens, so I assume the Q44 to get to the Bronx side, but then what? Or if anybody would be able to give a ride?

TIA,
Lynda

Once he gets to the Bronx side he will be at Pelham Bay. There is a bus #29 that ONLY goes to City Island. He would get off at Fordham St. There is a little market right on the corner. He will cross the street going towards the City Island Diner & walk up the hill straight to the Community Center. He cant miss it, if he sees the burned out front he went to far....HTH

Well I guess he would have to get to Pelham bay because the 44 stops over by the whitestone around bruckner, any ideas? Or should he just take the train to pelham bay?

Theres a bus from Queens, but right now I cant remember the #...I think its low, like 1 or 6...I hope this helps. If he takes the train he'll have to go to Mann & then get the #6 train, which is the Pelham Bay & take it to the last stop.

I just googled it & find out if he can take the QB X1....

Also...see if he can make it tonight, Jillian Eisenberg is doing a live cooking show tonight!

Yeah that's why he's trying to get organized to come tonight. (You met me in Merrick - Lynda from PA) I just asked him about the QBX1, I am pretty sure it goes to Flushing. Ok, Just spoke to him, said he can get to the QBX1.

Geekgirl69 said:
Yeah that's why he's trying to get organized to come tonight. (You met me in Merrick - Lynda from PA) I just asked him about the QBX1, I am pretty sure it goes to Flushing. Ok, Just spoke to him, said he can get to the QBX1.

OH RIGHT!!! Hi how are you? As for going home, EVERYONE except my director & I are leaving the Island, so he can probably get a lift. I might be able to pick him up at Pelham Bay, but right now I cant promise......

I am well. I did my first cooking show on the 6th, went great sales-wise but I felt really shaky about it. Did a couple of catty shows and the next cooking show is this weekend.

Dont worry, you'll be fine. They get easier each time....I gotta get back to my late post, but I'll be back on at around 4...talk soon

Enjoy Jillian Eisenberg show.;) She is fun to watch!!

It's too far for me to go, but he's (my recruit) going to report back to me on it.

letscook04 said:
Enjoy Jillian Eisenberg show.;) She is fun to watch!!

Hi Colleen how are you? I'm going to have the pleasure of watching Jillian work tonight.....;)

Ginger428 said:
Hi Colleen how are you? I'm going to have the pleasure of watching Jillian work tonight.....;)

Hi Ginger!! The last time I've been to her cooking show had to be about 2 years ago! Take notes!!

OK, just stopped by this thread---Ginger share what you learned from Jillian! I love listening to her; I have 2 cd's with her on it.

1. How do I get to the Bronx from [specific location]?

The easiest way to get to the Bronx from [specific location] is to take [specific mode of transportation] to [specific intersection or landmark], then transfer to the [specific subway or bus line] and take it to [specific stop or station]. From there, you can walk or take a short taxi ride to your final destination.

2. What is the best way to navigate the Bronx without a car?

The Bronx has a great public transportation system, with many bus and subway options to get you where you need to go. You can also use ride-sharing services like Uber or Lyft, or take advantage of the city's bike-sharing program. Walking is also a great way to explore the Bronx and see all it has to offer.

3. Are there any must-see attractions or landmarks in the Bronx?

Absolutely! The Bronx is home to famous attractions like the Bronx Zoo, Yankee Stadium, and the New York Botanical Garden. You can also visit historic landmarks like the Edgar Allan Poe Cottage or the Grand Concourse, a beautiful boulevard lined with art deco buildings.

4. How do I get to the Bronx from the airport?

If you're flying into one of the major airports in New York City (JFK, LaGuardia, or Newark), you can take a taxi, ride-sharing service, or public transportation to the Bronx. There are also airport shuttle services available that will take you directly to your destination in the Bronx.

5. Is it safe to walk around the Bronx as a solo female traveler?

The Bronx, like any other city, has its safe and not-so-safe areas. It's always important to be aware of your surroundings and take precautions, such as avoiding walking alone at night or in isolated areas. Overall, the Bronx is a diverse and vibrant community, and many solo female travelers feel safe and welcome here.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CGutwein
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
PampChefDeb
  • NooraK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies