• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Else Have a Nut Allergy?

In summary, people with tree nut allergies should avoid cooking with nuts, and those without should be careful not to come in contact with them. Wearing gloves may help.
bridgetbakes
Just wondering...

Does anyone else out there have a tree nut allergy like I do? There are so many wonderful PC recipes that I would LOVE to make (particularly the desserts) that I just can't demo because just having physical contact with nuts makes me have a reaction. Just wondered if anyone else out there has this problem.

Would you be able to ask someone else, the host maybe, to handle those recipes when you made them? Does wearing gloves help or not... I just went to a seminar on food allergies so I realize you must be extremely careful... but was just trying to think of alternatives so you could still demo with nuts... Do you also have a peanut allergy? If not could you use recipes with those? Sorry not to be much help...

The problem with ever using nuts is that they do leave a residue, so cleaning them could be a problem (especially on the stones).

I, personally, just omit all of the tree nuts from my recipes. I'm not going to drop dead or anything from my reactions, but I'll be very uncomfortable for a day or 2 if I ingest them. No one knows the difference anyway unless I tell them. I do mention that nuts can be added if desired and that the type of nut is listed in the ingredients in the cookbook.

I like nuts, they just don't like me. :rolleyes:

jentapp said:
I like nuts, they just don't like me. :rolleyes:
Don't be so quick to judge - I have no reason to not like you.

I never cook with nuts for fear that someone might have a nut allergy. Most recipes are ok without them. Those that are not can frequently be modified to work. I have friends with nut allergies and it has made me very sensitive to using them.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Don't be so quick to judge - I have no reason to not like you.

ROTFLOL

I do tend to attract nuts, just ask my family. :D

Related to Anyone Else Have a Nut Allergy?

1. What products do you offer that are safe for people with nut allergies?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of products that are safe for individuals with nut allergies. Our non-stick cookware and bakeware are made without nuts or nut oils. We also have a line of nut-free seasonings and spices, as well as kitchen tools that can be used to prepare nut-free meals.

2. Are your products made in a nut-free facility?

While we do not have a dedicated nut-free facility, we take great care to prevent cross-contamination. Our production lines are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between each batch, and we have strict protocols in place to prevent any allergen exposure.

3. Can I trust that your products are truly nut-free?

Yes, you can trust that our products are truly nut-free. We have strict ingredient and labeling policies in place, and all of our suppliers are required to disclose any potential allergens. Additionally, our products undergo regular testing to ensure they meet our strict standards for allergen control.

4. Are your representatives trained to handle allergen-related questions?

Yes, all of our representatives go through thorough training on allergen awareness and handling. They are knowledgeable about our products and can help you find suitable options for your specific allergy needs.

5. Are there any recipes or meal ideas for individuals with nut allergies?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes and meal ideas that are nut-free or can be easily adapted to be nut-free. Our website and catalog have a special section for allergy-friendly recipes, and our representatives can also provide suggestions and tips for modifying recipes to fit your dietary restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • ChefJoyJ
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
peichef
  • Cooking with Nicole