• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any tips for a successful job fair booth?

In summary, the job fair I went to last year was very slow and didn't recruit anyone. I think it's worth it to spend $60 at the end of April for a booth, and there will be space for an extra table. Be sure you have your calendar, show packets and catalogs handy for those who are interested in things other than a job.
Ann F
Gold Member
I have a booth at a job fair this week. Anyone ever done one? Any suggestions?
Thanks.

I did a job fair last year. I took the products from the new kit to display, recruit materials to give away and my computer to play the "your life, your way" DVD.

The one I went to was very slow and I didn't recruit anyone, but I did book a show and got contact information to take orders -- we were not allowed to take orders at the fair because it was held in a mall. Be sure you have your calendar, show packets and catalogs handy for those who are interested in things other than a job.

Thank you Jeanine. I have a job fair coming up too and these are great suggestions!

How do you get a booth at a job fair? And is it expensive?

jbachen said:
How do you get a booth at a job fair? And is it expensive?
Yes, inquiring minds want to know!!!???

There is a job fair coming up towards the end of April in my area -- $60 for the booth -- do you think it's worth it? To answer other's questions, I got on a mailing list by posting a (non PC) ad at a local College Job Board.

My booth is just $25. There was an ad (or article) in the local paper asking for employers to sign up. I called the number and here I am! I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Since pretty much everyone there is looking for work, do you plan to just hand out recruiting packets left and right (pretty expensive..?) or do some sort of follow up?At a job fair would you do a drawing for a show or a prize like at other booths or just focus on recruiting?

jcsmilez said:
There is a job fair coming up towards the end of April in my area -- $60 for the booth -- do you think it's worth it? To answer other's questions, I got on a mailing list by posting a (non PC) ad at a local College Job Board.

Any kind of booth is always a gamble but $60 is a pretty good price. Are they providing table & chairs? Anything else? Will you have access to an electrical outlet? How long will the fair run? Can you have another consultant split the time/cost? If you get one good show (I know it's a recruiting event but this happened to me), you'll make your money back.

jcsmilez said:
Since pretty much everyone there is looking for work, do you plan to just hand out recruiting packets left and right (pretty expensive..?) or do some sort of follow up?

At a job fair would you do a drawing for a show or a prize like at other booths or just focus on recruiting?

I would not blindly hand stuff out. Talk to people (you're interviewing) and have materials only for those people who seem like a good fit. Be sure you get them to fill out a survey slip (or something) so you have your contact information before you give them any materials.

At the job fair I attended, we were not allowed to take orders/sell product because it was held at a mall. I got information from people who were interested in placing orders and contacted them later.

Thanks Jeanine,

I sent off the registration form this morning, so I shall see how it goes. They do provide a table, though I think I will bring an additional table and display the items that come in the new consultant kit. I also have a laptop and could play the Your Life Your Way DVD, did you find that effective? -- I also have a powerpoint presentation that I could loop on there instead...?

Hmm, other thoughts?

Tristen, make sure there will be space for your extra table. The booths I've done had room for just what was provided...

Jeanine, thanks for the suggestion to take booking packets. I wasn't thinking about that at all.

Related to Any tips for a successful job fair booth?

1. How can I stand out at a job fair booth?

To stand out at a job fair booth, make sure to have a professional and inviting setup, dress professionally, and have a clear and concise pitch about yourself and your skills. Also, be prepared to ask questions and engage with potential employers.

2. What should I bring to a job fair booth?

It is important to bring multiple copies of your resume, a notepad and pen to take notes, and any relevant materials or samples of your work. Also, bring a positive attitude and confidence in your abilities.

3. How do I network effectively at a job fair booth?

Networking effectively at a job fair booth involves introducing yourself to recruiters, asking about their company and available positions, and highlighting your skills and experiences. It is also important to follow up with any potential contacts after the fair.

4. What should I do if I don't see any companies that interest me at a job fair booth?

If you do not see any companies that interest you at a job fair booth, take the opportunity to network and practice your pitch with the companies that are there. You never know what connections or opportunities may arise from these interactions.

5. How can I prepare for a job fair booth?

To prepare for a job fair booth, research the companies that will be in attendance and have a targeted list of companies and positions that interest you. Practice your elevator pitch and have your resume and materials ready to hand out. Also, dress professionally and arrive early to make the most out of your time at the fair.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefShalon
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
katem51
  • pattikake
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ChefChillFL