• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Deduct the Use of There Cell Phone?

In summary, the conversation discusses claiming cell phone bills for business use and the varying opinions on the percentage that can be claimed. Some people claim a percentage of their cell phone bill while others claim the entire bill as a business expense. Some also mention using their cell phone for sole business purposes, while others have a separate landline for business. It is recommended to consult with a tax professional for the best approach.
J.Corley
I am thinking of getting a blackberry with GPS. Anyone outhere dedect part of there cell phone bill for PC? I use it as my sole biz phone too.

TIA

I'm planning on it because it's a bill I pay that is mostly for business use. I am going to a tax consultant this year so we'll see what they say.

I do, because it's what I use for my business since our land line is my husband's business phone.

Ann R.

yes, but only a percentage.

I claim my cell bill. I got the phone for business. It's the only # on most of my buis supplies And use it 80% for buis. I do not claim any of my home phone even tho I have dial up to get online and do call local customers on that line. I figure it evens out.

I claim my cell for my business... and the too expensive phone I have too. I have that number on all of my paperwork, and my voicemail says PC also.

I consulted a tax man last year for a different job I do...freelance work...and he said to figure out what my percentage of use for business is. So I went with 50%, since half the time it's business and the other half is personal use. I can also claim 50% of my home phone and internet this way as well. HTH. :)

My tax person said it was risky. So this year, when we bought our house, we had a land line installed and I use that for only business. My cell for personal.

HTH!

I deduct 100% of my cell for my taxes. The voice mail greeting indicates that you have reached "Carol with the Pampered Chef" etc. The number is on all of my paperwork, business cards for PC.

Related to Any Deduct the Use of There Cell Phone?

1. Can I deduct my cell phone usage for work if it is used for personal calls as well?

Yes, you can still deduct the portion of your cell phone usage that is related to work, even if you also use it for personal calls. However, you will need to keep detailed records of your phone usage to determine the percentage of business use versus personal use.

2. What types of cell phone expenses can I deduct?

You can deduct the cost of your cell phone plan, as well as any additional charges for data, texting, or other services that are necessary for your job. You may also be able to deduct the cost of a new cell phone if it is primarily used for work purposes.

3. Do I need to have a separate cell phone plan for work in order to deduct it?

No, you do not need to have a separate plan for work. As long as you can prove that your cell phone is used for work purposes, you can deduct the portion of your personal plan that is related to work.

4. Can I deduct the full cost of my cell phone if it is used for work 100% of the time?

Yes, if your cell phone is used exclusively for work and you do not use it for personal calls or other non-work-related activities, you can deduct the full cost of the phone and the plan.

5. How do I calculate the percentage of my cell phone usage that is deductible?

You can calculate the percentage by keeping a detailed record of your phone usage for a period of time, such as a month. This can include tracking the number of work-related calls, texts, and data usage versus personal usage. You can then use this percentage to deduct the appropriate amount of your cell phone expenses on your taxes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrshamel3808
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Amyskitchen2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Karen Weber