• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Antipasto Veggie Pizza and Strawberry Amaretto Pastries

P
Pampered Laura
These are the two recipes I'm thinking of adding to my show list this season... any tips or comments from those who've made them at shows so far?

Thanks!

Antipasto Vegi PizzaAll I can say is YUM! I made this at my last show, and am making it Saturday. It's really easy to do, and shows lots of products. I put the stone directly onto the woven selection and talked about that, and sold a couple of those!!!

I opened the show with the garlic bread in the small saute pan, and also showed how evenly the heat distributes on the double burner griddle. Booked a couple more catalog shows for February! I like to take the guests on a "field trip" to the kitchen if we are in another room so I can really show the cookware. I've done this the last few shows and it has been a hit. Gets everyone moving, and everyone pays attention!

Sorry...this was supposed to be about the pizza...Yes, I would definitely recommend it!

One tip...check with local Pizzerias and see if they sell their pizza dough! We have a local chain here in Albuquerque that sells just a dough ball for $2.50. Tastes way better than store bought, is easier than home made, and is a great thing to mention at shows!

We just made them at our cluster meeting last night, and they were both a hit and very easy to make. For the pizza, the crust has to be hot so you can show how to roll it out and have it bake while you prepare the topping, and we recommend brushing the crust with oil rather than drizzling it. We would have also used the US&G for the squash rather than the crinkle cutter. For the pastries, slice most of the strawberries ahead of time. One of the ladies didn't like the orange zest, but we thought you could also use lemon or lime if you prefer. We also sub. to Microplane Adj. Grater for the Lemon Zester/Scorer.

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

Jar OpenerI used the Jar Opener for the booking game (everytime I say Host or something like it, they have to pass it, at the end of the demo, the holder wins). When it came time to open the marinade jar, whoever was holding it had to come up and open it. Got people involved, and sold several of those too!!!

LOL is it a bad sign when a host emails you and asks what a Plum Tomato is and you have no idea how to explain it to her? Eeek
How do you explain what a plum tomato is?? :eek:

Plum TomatoesPlum tomatoes are the same as "Roma" tomatoes. If I have a host who just has no clue, I tell her they are oval, and look like red eggs. When in doubt, ask someone in the produce department!!!

Hope it helps!

A plumb tomato is also known as Roma; they are the smaller oval shaped tomatoes.

And no, don't worry about it (nor should your host). There is no such thing as a bad/dumb question.

i had to giggle at that because my husband asked the same question one day at the store. i told him i need 2 and he just stood there and said ok. when he came back he had 2 huge tomatos!! i said no i need the little ones that look like eggs. so he came back with 2 smaller ones of the ones he already had!! i had to haul him over there and show him exactly what i was talking about. he said "boy, i thought tomatos where tomatos, why do they have to make it difficult and give them fancy names?" lol, it was just to cute!!

We tried nearly everyone of the recipes in the new SB at our cluster meeting. The antipasto pizza definitely my favorite! The two spreads were good too - one was a garlic one. (sorry I'm at work and don't have my SB). The caprese mini-sandwiches are too-die for! Those are the three I will add to my choices.

Cindycooks said:
We tried nearly everyone of the recipes in the new SB at our cluster meeting. The antipasto pizza definitely my favorite! The two spreads were good too - one was a garlic one. (sorry I'm at work and don't have my SB). The caprese mini-sandwiches are too-die for! Those are the three I will add to my choices.

Can I come to your meetings? There are only three of us, so we very rarely ever have food. :( We did this month because it was at my house and I made it!

nikked said:
All I can say is YUM! I made this at my last show, and am making it Saturday. It's really easy to do, and shows lots of products. I put the stone directly onto the woven selection and talked about that, and sold a couple of those!!!

I opened the show with the garlic bread in the small saute pan, and also showed how evenly the heat distributes on the double burner griddle. Booked a couple more catalog shows for February! I like to take the guests on a "field trip" to the kitchen if we are in another room so I can really show the cookware. I've done this the last few shows and it has been a hit. Gets everyone moving, and everyone pays attention!

Sorry...this was supposed to be about the pizza...Yes, I would definitely recommend it!

One tip...check with local Pizzerias and see if they sell their pizza dough! We have a local chain here in Albuquerque that sells just a dough ball for $2.50. Tastes way better than store bought, is easier than home made, and is a great thing to mention at shows!

Nicole, how do you "showed how evenly the heat distributes on the double burner griddle."?

Also - I used real dough once and it poofed up completely and wouldn't spread out on the stone.... What did I do wrong?

I LOVE the taste of the antipasto pizza! Need to make it.

Cindycooks said:
We tried nearly everyone of the recipes in the new SB at our cluster meeting. The antipasto pizza definitely my favorite!

I agree! The gnocci (with the garlic sauce) were surprisingly good too.

Last edited:
its_me_susan said:
Nicole, how do you "showed how evenly the heat distributes on the double burner griddle."?

Also - I used real dough once and it poofed up completely and wouldn't spread out on the stone.... What did I do wrong?

I LOVE the taste of the antipasto pizza! Need to make it.

I posted the following on the thread in Increasing Sales about Cookware Infomercials http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=6618&page=2

nikked said:
So, most shows are not in the kitchen right? I have started taking the group on a "field trip" to the kitchen! (No permission slips required!) It breaks up the show, and let's everyone move around! I usually do the garlic pull apart bread as a quick cookware demo. If I don't have time or that doesn't go with menu (I personally believe garlic bread goes with EVERYTHING!), I also bring the double burner griddle. I turn on both burners while I'm talking. I have a kitchen spritzer with WATER in it, and after the griddle heats up, I talk about the spritzer, then spray over each burner and in the MIDDLE. It's a very effective demo of how even our cookware distributes the heat. The "oohs" and "ahhhs" when the sizzle and steam is the same in all three spots is awesome!

This is also the time I talk a lot about host benefits (half offs especially) and the booking benefit! I had a January host who was able to get 4 pieces of cookware at 60% off because of bookings!!!

As far as the dough goes, it does take a little practice. The trick with "real" pizza dough is to S...T...R...E...T...C...H it. I hold one edge, then turn in circle, holding the edge with BOTH hands until it's a little larger than the stone. Then I lay it on the stone and fold the edges under so it fits exactly. The first time I worked with it, I tried to roll it out! Boy, was that a disaster. Then, I remembered this guy I used to date whose dad owned a pizzeria...anyways, that's how I figured out how to work with it!:D

Hope ALL this information helps! Sorry it's so long!!!

Amaretto PastriesThose two recipes are definitely two of my favorite so far. For the Pastries, I agree with the other consultant-have most of the strawberries prepared already. Make sure when using the egg slicer for your strawberries, you place them short end sticking up so it slides through very easily. Definitely ask if anyone has any allergies to nuts, because I had two last time and it was too late to do anything about it.

Pampered Laura said:
These are the two recipes I'm thinking of adding to my show list this season... any tips or comments from those who've made them at shows so far?

Thanks!

I just made the strawberry ones - they wre great and impressive, but time consuming. I was glad to bring them to the party. I demoed the creamy caramel apple braide. Yum.

Re:WHAT A GREAT IDEA :)

nikked said:
I used the Jar Opener for the booking game (everytime I say Host or something like it, they have to pass it, at the end of the demo, the holder wins). When it came time to open the marinade jar, whoever was holding it had to come up and open it. Got people involved, and sold several of those too!!!

DID you use it as a booking game or just a game that when you said host all the guests passed it to someone else and the last guest with it won it??? Not sure how it would work just as a booking gift?

thanks.

have a sinus headache and can not think clearly :( Good Excuse don't ya think??? LOL

1. What is Antipasto Veggie Pizza?

Antipasto Veggie Pizza is a delicious twist on traditional pizza, consisting of a crispy crust topped with a variety of marinated vegetables, cured meats, and cheese. It is a popular appetizer or party food, perfect for sharing with friends and family.

2. How do you make Antipasto Veggie Pizza?

To make Antipasto Veggie Pizza, start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, roll out a store-bought or homemade pizza dough onto a greased baking sheet. Brush the dough with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Next, top the dough with your choice of marinated vegetables, such as roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, and olives, as well as cured meats like salami and prosciutto. Finally, sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.

3. What are Strawberry Amaretto Pastries?

Strawberry Amaretto Pastries are a sweet and decadent dessert, made with flaky puff pastry, fresh strawberries, and a creamy amaretto filling. They are a perfect combination of fruity and nutty flavors, and are sure to impress your guests.

4. How do you make Strawberry Amaretto Pastries?

To make Strawberry Amaretto Pastries, start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, unfold a sheet of thawed puff pastry and cut it into squares. Place a spoonful of amaretto filling (made with cream cheese, sugar, and amaretto liqueur) in the center of each square, and top with a few sliced strawberries. Fold the corners of the pastry up and pinch the edges to seal. Brush the pastries with an egg wash and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar, if desired.

5. Do you have any tips for making these recipes at shows?

Yes, here are a few tips for making Antipasto Veggie Pizza and Strawberry Amaretto Pastries at shows:

• Prepare as much as possible ahead of time, such as pre-cutting the vegetables and making the amaretto filling, to save time during the show.
  • Use quality ingredients, such as fresh vegetables and good quality pizza dough and puff pastry, for the best flavor.
  • Get your audience involved by asking for volunteers to help assemble the pizza or pastry, or by sharing interesting facts or tips about the ingredients.
  • Consider offering samples of the pizza and pastries to entice customers to purchase the recipes.
  • Have fun and be enthusiastic about the recipes - this will help to engage your audience and make the experience more enjoyable for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RossDeb2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • ckeeling
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99
  • LakesideMom