• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Consultant Doing Bad Business

In summary, the military person is having negative comments made about a PC consultant to her guests. She is unsure of what to do because she doesn't want her guests to think badly of Pampered Chef. She would try to go to the closest level available first, which would be the director. Since she didn't go into detail about what the other consultant was doing, it is hard to give good advice. She would try to go to the director first and explain the situation. She would also try to make sure the guests who are complaining are getting great customer service.
triplej_55
Hello all,

I have encountered a situation my last five shows and wanted to get some feedback on how I should handle this.... I am military overseas and live in a pretty small community. There are a couple other PC consultants here, which is great but there is one in particular that I keep having comments made to me about. Negative comments. How she has lied to her customers, made promises she can't keep, badmouthed PC and it's products and the list goes on. Now, they are usually complimenting me when they make these comments but I don't know what to do. I hate that they have any negative situation in regards to a consultant and don't want them to think badly of Pampered Chef. SO, what do you think I should do or say???? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!!!

I don't know if this is the "right" advice, but I would probably tell them to call the home office and let them know what is going on. It is not your place to speak badly about the consultant, but if I were you I wouldn't be able to do nothing either. I am sure that home office has rules about how the consultants portray the company and I know I have read somewhere about honesty in your presentations. If enough people let home office know what the consultant was doing, I would hope she would either be warned or stripped or her business with PC. Either way are not ratting anyone out, only giving unhappy customers a way to show their disapproval.

Try director firstDo you have a hospitality director where you are? I would try that route first. Since you didn't go into any detail about what she is doing it is hard to give advise. I would try really hard to go to the closest level available first. Is it something that the other girl doesn't realize she is doing? obviously the bad mouthing the company isn't good but sometimes people don't realize what they say or have done offends people. Another words if it has never been brought to her attention then maybe she doesn't realize she's doing it.

Again Please talk to either your director or the your hospitality director so that you can get a better perpective of how to approach the situation.

By the way make sure the people who are complaining are getting great customer service from you so that they can really see that there is a difference. That will leave them in good spirits about PC.

Thanks for your input... Yes the most definately are getting great customer service from me. I think thats why they are saying anything at all to me. I have NEVER said anything bad about her. I don't even know her except for what my guests have told me. I didn't want to give too much detail because I didn't want it to seem like I was speaking badly of her :) But, one example was a past host that came to one of my shows. She had her show in April, the show she attended of mine was in May. 1st, she had not even submitted her show at this point which is crazy! 2nd, she told her all about the host specials from her bookings but never entered them. Then she offered the host a additional 25 dollars to spend and never honored it. During her show, she was saying how HORRIBLE our knifes were and that she would never waste her money on that. Then proceeded to say the only reason she's doing this is for free stuff. And this is just one example from one person! The former host told me she wished she had met me before. Now honestly, most of her customers are "switching" to me but like I said, I don't know who all of them are and I don't want anyone to have a bad opinion of Pampered Chef because of it. I do realize I can't change her or her business but I didn't know if I should be "reporting" her or just let it be.
To answer your question, no I don't have a hospitality director and my director is in the states.
I think mainly I needed to vent because I can't believe someone would treat their Pampered Chef business this way!!!

This other consutlant shouldn't be selling PC if she doesn't believe it it. Have you had any luck with this situation?

1. What should I do if I encounter another Pampered Chef consultant doing bad business?

If you encounter another Pampered Chef consultant who is not following the company's policies and procedures, we recommend that you first try to address the issue directly with the consultant. If that does not resolve the issue, you can report it to our corporate office by calling our Consultant Care team at 1-800-266-5562 or by filling out a report on our website.

2. Can I get in trouble for reporting another consultant for bad business?

No, you will not get in trouble for reporting another consultant for bad business. It is important to uphold the company's policies and procedures to maintain the integrity of our brand. Your report will be kept confidential and will only be used to address the issue at hand.

3. What constitutes as bad business for a Pampered Chef consultant?

Examples of bad business for a Pampered Chef consultant include misrepresenting the products, making false claims about the company or its products, not following proper food safety guidelines, and not adhering to the company's policies and procedures. For a complete list of prohibited activities, please refer to our Consultant Agreement.

4. How does Pampered Chef handle complaints about another consultant?

When a complaint is received about another Pampered Chef consultant, our corporate office will conduct an investigation to gather all relevant information. If the complaint is found to be valid, appropriate disciplinary actions will be taken to ensure the issue is resolved and to prevent it from happening again in the future.

5. Can I switch to a different Pampered Chef consultant if I have a bad experience with one?

Yes, you are free to switch to a different Pampered Chef consultant at any time. You can contact our Consultant Care team at 1-800-266-5562 or search for a new consultant on our website. We strive to provide the best customer service and want to ensure that you have a positive experience with our company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lilamyw3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • janetupnorth
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • raebates