• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Chicken, Pesto and Tomato Flatbread Question

In summary, to make the flatbread for this recipe, you will need to mix together flour, salt, and yeast, gradually add in warm water and olive oil, knead the dough, and let it rise before rolling it out into a thin flatbread shape. Alternatively, you can use store-bought flatbread if preferred. It is recommended to cook the chicken before adding it to the flatbread, and you can use any type of pesto for this recipe. The flatbread should be baked for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
kcjodih
Gold Member
It says to chop the basil and pecans with the food chopper. Do you use it for the basil? I've always just used a knife since I didn't think the chopper would do very well.

I did. The chopper did a good job with it.

Thank you again Keith!

I use a prep bowl and kitchen shears, shows more products!

I toasted the pecans in the small Micro cooker in the microwave, and then chopped them with the basil at the same time with the Food Chopper. It worked great! You want that basil super finely chopped, because that will get it to be more like a pesto. (Except my mom was raising her eyebrows that I didn't use pine nuts ;) )

Thanks everyone. One more question, why the salt on the tomatoes? I just know someone is going to ask me tomorrow and I have no idea!

kcjodih said:
Thanks everyone. One more question, why the salt on the tomatoes? I just know someone is going to ask me tomorrow and I have no idea!

When you salt them, and let them sit, it draws out liquid from the tomatoes, so that it doesn't make the flatbread soggy. It's a trick that's also often used with zucchini, cucumber, & eggplant.

Woohoo, thanks Becky!

1. How do I make the flatbread for this recipe?

To make the flatbread, you will need to mix together flour, salt, and yeast in a bowl. Gradually add in warm water and olive oil until a dough forms. Knead the dough for 5-10 minutes, then let it rise for 30 minutes before rolling it out into a thin flatbread shape.

2. Can I use store-bought flatbread instead of making it from scratch?

Yes, you can use store-bought flatbread for this recipe if you prefer. Just make sure to choose a flatbread that is thin and can hold the toppings without getting soggy.

3. Do I need to cook the chicken before adding it to the flatbread?

It is recommended to cook the chicken before adding it to the flatbread. You can cook it on the stovetop or grill, or use pre-cooked chicken for a quicker option.

4. Can I use a different type of pesto for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of pesto that you prefer. Traditional basil pesto works well, but you can also try sun-dried tomato pesto or even a homemade pesto with different herbs or nuts.

5. How long should I bake the flatbread for?

The flatbread should be baked for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the crust is golden brown and the toppings are heated through. Keep an eye on it while baking to make sure it doesn't burn.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
JennLizFran