• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Alternative Uses for Your Favorite Pampered Chef Item

In summary, the garlic slicer, the mix-n-chop, the can strainer, the large biscuit cutter, and the sugar/flour shaker are all good alternative uses for common kitchen items. The garlic shaver is also a great idea for French chocolate cookies. The mix n' chop is good for chopping fruits for pies and kolache fillings. The can strainer can be used in the kitchen sink to catch food on the side. The large biscuit cutter in a frying pan filled with an egg makes the perfect size fried egg for an english muffin. The EAD can be used for stuffing shells and manicotti. The silicone floral pan can be used for making ice to float in a
ksmedic
Hey Cheffers,
I'm looking for alternative uses for your favorite PC items. I'm looking to give fun ideas and tips at cooking shows. What are your best and most creative uses?

This is not way beyond the pale of orthodoxy, but I use the garlic shaver for my signature French chocolate cookies (I used to grate it with some knuckle skin and blood to boot). In fact I bought two so I wouldn't have garlic-flavored chocolate.

The large biscuit cutter in a frying pan filled with an egg makes the perfect size fried egg for a english muffin.

When making deviled eggs, put the cooked yolks in the stainless mesh colander and push them through the bottom with a bamboo spatula....makes ultra smooth filling.

The can strainer works great in a kitchen sink for catching food on the side without the garbage disposal. My family seems to always put their food on the wrong side.

The Pickler said:
The large biscuit cutter in a frying pan filled with an egg makes the perfect size fried egg for a english muffin.

Be careful of that in your PC skillet. The metal can heat up and damage the non stick coating.

wadesgirl said:
Be careful of that in your PC skillet. The metal can heat up and damage the non stick coating.

oh.....I didn't think of that! Good point.

The Garlic Press makes wonderful hair for gingerbread people. You can also use it for play-dough.

The Mix-n-Chop is great for chopping fruits for pies or kolache fillings! Used it just this past weekend!

I use the mix n' chop to chop up eggs for macaroni salad.

One of my hosts used her trifle bowl for her Beta fish.

I also use the mix n chop for making potato salad (skins on) with red bliss or new potatoes. It's great for making egg salad too.

Stoneware, frozen, can be used as a cold plate.

The sugar/flour shaker.....Also good for cocoa powder or cinnamon sugar

The EAD...good for stuffing shells and manicotti

Silicone floral pan....good for making ice to float in a punch. Use juice and put fresh fruit in.

Tool Turnabout....not just for kitchen tools....school supplies, scrapbooking, tool bench, you name it.

I don't personally do this, but I heard about a guest telling a Consultant she loves using her Salad & Berry Spinner for washing her, um, delicates.

Also, a guest at one of my shows suggested the Kernel Cutter looks like a good tool for pedicures. She didn't buy one, so I don't know if that would work or not (I certainly wouldn't try it!).

(Former manicurist here, keep that kernel cutter away from your feet!!!!)Every year when I make my holiday goodie plates I mold the fudge in the silicone floral pan. It comes out great, and people love it. Once you fill the little molds with fudge, pick it up about an inch and drop it on the counter several times to get rid of any air bubbles.

BlueMoon said:
(Former manicurist here, keep that kernel cutter away from your feet!!!!)

Yeah, I know. No razors near your feet!! Haha

Two more suggestions:
The Trifle Bowl as a cookie jar
The bowl of the Salad & Berry Spinner as a cover for the Cake Pedestal (using it right now!)

garlic slicer-olives, hard cheese, ginger, almonds, chocolate, carrots, radishes

This is one that I say at shows, to get laughes (no I really don't use it that way) The microplainer, also doubles as a Husband slapper...

purpleluvs3 said:
This is one that I say at shows, to get laughes (no I really don't use it that way) The microplainer, also doubles as a Husband slapper...

Hmm, my D says something similar about the 12" Family Skillet, haha!!

Quick-stir pitcher can be used to mix up large quantities of baby formula or pancake batter. I have also heard of using it as a "washing machine" for small items while camping (I've never done that, and you'd probably want one dedicated just to that task vs. reusing the one you mix drinks in).

Kitchen shears are excellent for pruning small plants.

It's not really an "alternative" use, but I love the smallest Twixit clip on my toddler's GoGurts and pop-ice. She can't push it up, so the Twixit clip holds it until I need to push it up more.

Thanks Everyone...keep it coming!!

The Pickler said:
oh.....I didn't think of that! Good point.

Ref: the biscuit cutter and the non-stick pan - do you think it would work to put the rounded side down?

Someone in another thread (I believe ?? it was Amanda / "Babywings"?) said that she keeps a Shaker near the sink for her stoneware. I thought that was such a good idea that I just bought one to take to Shows to placate the soapaholics.

ChefetteDuJour said:
Someone in another thread (I believe ?? it was Amanda / "Babywings"?) said that she keeps a Shaker near the sink for her stoneware. I thought that was such a good idea that I just bought one to take to Shows to placate the soapaholics.

ok i'm confused...how do you use the shaker on stoneware?

i'm constantly using my chef's tongs to get spices from the top shelf in my kitchen. the silicone helps it not slip!

I'm guessing a shaker filled with baking soda, which is great for cleaning LOTS of things.

not an alternative use, but I just recently started keeping a pan scraper in my little basket near the sink with my other scrubbies. Sounds dumb, but I always kept it in the silver wear drawer, and then I would have to go find it, and it was just one more thing to do that made it a bit more burdensome to use stoneware... DUH!!!

Mix&Chop to mix cookie dough, meatloaf, etc.

My sister-in-law just emailed me that she used her Mix & Chop to dig holes to plant Tulip bulbs. She said she just kept spinning it like a screwdriver and it dug the perfect hole. lol

1. What are some alternative uses for the Pampered Chef stoneware baking sheet?

Aside from baking cookies and other treats, the stoneware baking sheet can also be used as a hot plate for serving hot dishes, a pizza stone for making homemade pizzas, and even as a makeshift cutting board for chopping fruits and vegetables.

2. Can the Pampered Chef citrus press be used for other fruits besides lemons and limes?

Yes, the citrus press can also be used for juicing oranges, grapefruits, and other citrus fruits. It can also be used to juice small fruits like berries and pomegranates.

3. How can I use the Pampered Chef garlic press for more than just garlic?

The garlic press can also be used to mince other small vegetables and herbs, such as ginger, shallots, and parsley. It can also be used to crush nuts and seeds for added flavor and texture in dishes.

4. What other dishes can I make with the Pampered Chef microwave cooker besides rice?

The microwave cooker can also be used to make quinoa, couscous, pasta, and even steamed vegetables. It can also be used to reheat leftovers and make single-serving meals like omelettes and mac and cheese.

5. Can I use the Pampered Chef food chopper for chopping other ingredients besides vegetables?

Yes, the food chopper can also be used to chop nuts, herbs, and even cooked meats. It can also be used to crush crackers and cookies for making pie crusts or as a topping for desserts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NelsonInTheKitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • BarbFlan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • kdangel518