• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Airborne vs Emergen-C: The Best Choice for Immunity at Conferences

I've never tried either. As a teacher, I think I've become immune to many of the bugs out there. I do get the occasional (about once every 18 months or so) "superbug" as my husband calls it. Usually it's an upper respiratory infection of some sort, but I haven't had strep or stomach bugs in YEARS.

Which is Better for Keeping Away the Germs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
soccermama
Do you have a favorite to help keep the germs from making you sick? I need to get something to take while at Conference and I've heard good things about both.... which one? Or do you have a different fave?

I've used Airborne but didn't really notice a difference...thanks for the reminder though, I've been up late lately and maybe should start taking it before conference...or at least a good dose of vit. C.

I've used Airborne as well and haven't noticed a difference. Your best bet is to wash your hands at every opportunity.

finley1991 said:
I've used Airborne as well and haven't noticed a difference. Your best bet is to wash your hands at every opportunity.

Ditto what Colleen said - lots and lots of hand-washing and antibacterial gels!!

Take extra vit C and try to rest before conference.

Yes, try to get some sleep at conference. That is what usually gets me sick, I don't sleep nearly enough

What is this sleep and rest you speak of?

;)

These next 2 weeks are jam packed for me!!! I'm taking over a new property tomorrow, so will be travelling there a few times... plus I'm still training a new manager. I have a show on Tuesday and I'm doing a booth (my FIRST booth) at the street fair downtown on the 7th-8th.... I know there's some more things that I'm forgetting to mention here....

So I really will need the extra boost from something..... and so far everyone is voting for Airborne...... Has ANYONE ever tried Emergen-C? I really like the taste of that, and I've heard Airborne isn't very good tasting......

And I've added Purell to my packing list ;)

Emergen-C comes in quite a fe different flavors now too - I have really never tried it. As far as Airborne I never used it because the original seemed to be like and Alka-Selzer tablet and I hate those thing.
I usually just stick with plain ole vitamin C and echinachea

Rest is always a good thing but when do we find time for that

I'm an Airborne fan. It may be the placebo effect, but that's fine with me. The most important thing, though, is the hand-washing and rest.

My NED starts using Emergen-C a few days before conference and all the way through.

I don't go anywhere without my Airborne. Literally. I have a pack in my purse at all times.

On my shopping list today...feeling sick this a.m. (sore throat coming on...) don't know if it is this stuff here or a lack of sleep in general (probably the latter).

I have found that airborne really sped up my time being sick. I also take it as a preventative measure, too.

Been taking it for 3 days now - twice a day!

I hate just tasting it, although flavored, still not my favorite. So, I get a small glass of water, put the lemon-lime tablet in then add a tsp of Tropical Punch kool-aid. It's all good now!

janetupnorth said:
Been taking it for 3 days now - twice a day!

I hate just tasting it, although flavored, still not my favorite. So, I get a small glass of water, put the lemon-lime tablet in then add a tsp of Tropical Punch kool-aid. It's all good now!
Don't drink the Kool-Aid!
:D

chefann said:
Don't drink the Kool-Aid!
:D

That was grape Flavor Aid.

I only like the Tropical Punch...

Besides, I'm not on demeral, valium and whatever else they gave the residents to keep them out of their right minds.

But Ann, thanks for being concerned for my well-being! ;)

I've never tried either. As a teacher, I think I've become immune to many of the bugs out there. I do get the occasional (about once every 18 months or so) "superbug" as my husband calls it. Usually it's an upper respiratory infection of some sort, but I haven't had strep or stomach bugs in YEARS.

My brother, who lives with us, had strep last week. I'm still healthy...knock on wood. I take a multivitamin every night, drink plenty of water, and constantly wash my hands.

Related to Airborne vs Emergen-C: The Best Choice for Immunity at Conferences

What is Airborne and Emergen-C?

Airborne and Emergen-C are both popular brands of dietary supplements that claim to support the immune system and prevent illness.

Are Airborne and Emergen-C safe to take?

Yes, both Airborne and Emergen-C are generally considered safe for most individuals. However, it is always recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before adding any new supplement to your routine.

How do I take Airborne and Emergen-C?

Airborne and Emergen-C come in the form of effervescent tablets that can be dissolved in water. Simply drop the tablet in a glass of water, let it fizz and dissolve, and then drink the mixture.

Can I take Airborne and Emergen-C together?

It is not recommended to take Airborne and Emergen-C together as they both contain high levels of vitamins and minerals. It is best to choose one or the other to avoid consuming too much of certain nutrients.

Do Airborne and Emergen-C actually work?

The effectiveness of Airborne and Emergen-C in preventing illness is still debated. Some studies have shown that they may help shorten the duration of a cold, but more research is needed to fully determine their efficacy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivykeep
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ivykeep
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen