• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

After-Work Party--Huge Crowd...

In summary, some people may not come to the party because it's work-related, but if a third of the guest list comes, it will still be a success. Some good recipes to consider are the Brie and the Cran-Raspberry Fizz.
mrsbmomof3
Hey Everyone-
I've got a party coming up later this month. My host wants to set it up so friends and coworkers can drop by after work to hang out, have a drink, and shop. She wants to do appetizers. She gave me her guest list and it is 72 people! I know that not all of them will come, but, even if only a third came we'd still be talking about a lot of people. I would LOVE any suggestions you have on how to make this show a success while keeping with the host's theme of "drinks & appetizers". I'm not sure if I should do a demo recipe, or just have several made to sample and do a catalog walk-through. Also, any suggestions of appetizer recipes that have been a success at your parties.
Thanks so much (in advance)! You guys always have the most creative ideas!
:)

Ooh! Sounds like a great opportunity for you to meet a lot of people. Is she thinking of an open house type event, where people are free to come and go at any time, or was she planning on having a set start time. If there's a set time, you could do a brief demo - like the Brie recipes. Those would be really good because you could talk about how one recipe becomes 3 when you change a couple of ingredients.I definitely recommend the Cran-Raspberry Fizz and lemon-lime variation as beverages. They're good with the liquor added (vodka is suggested for both, but I think tequila would be good in the lemon-lime to make it into margaritas). Depending on how many people will be there, you'll need 2 batches anyway (I made a single batch at my show last night, and there was very little left from a group of 12).

Plus...I just want to mention...you are NOT a caterer!! You can decide on a recipe that works nicely so each person can have a TASTE, and you can help the host pick out other recipes she may want to make and have on hand if she wants.

I just know from experience, sometimes they feel if they have 20+ people that you need to make or bring a boatload of food. That is not what we are there to do. Help and make suggestions, or get her a recipe that she would like to make herself, yes...but not do it all yourself.

One of my largest shows I made the tiramisu brownies (that's what she wanted me to do) and we just cut them into 36 TASTE SIZE servings. But...she had TWO eight foot tables full of food for them! She even rented a hall, invited COUPLES, and made it into a huge party for all of them! Actually, now that I am a bit more seasoned, I would make up a second one of those recipes ahead of time...but that's all I would change about that party!

We do have a "start time" of 6, but she said some of the guests may show up early--just coming straight from work.
I think the Brie is a great idea! Also, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to maybe do the Greek CheeseTorta to let them sample one of the Spring recipes and suggest bookings (by telling the guests that there would be new catalogs featuring all of our new Spring/Summer products.)
I didn't plan on doing more than two recipes myself. I'm thinking that when I talk to my host again, if she feels there should be more food, I could email her some recipes and let her prepare as many as she would like. That way, if there was additional food offered, it would still be Pampered Chef. I could include little cards in front of each dish stating which cook book the particular recipe could be found in....

Don't talk about spring unless your February is totally booked. If you still have dates in Feb that you want to book, just talk about this month. If you're booking March then definitely talk up the new products and recipes.

I find that if I talk about upcoming catalogs and specials, people focus on those and it's really hard to get someone to book for this month.

mrsbmomof3, sounds like you have a good handle on it so far! I just know that when I was fairly new, a host could have (and DID) easily take advantage of me to basically make the food for her "party" and the focus from her was NOT on Pampered Chef, just on getting a free caterer! I just didn't want that to happen to you!

I offer club house chicken square and either of the two fizzes in the current SB. You can cut the club house chicken squares as small as needed to accomadate everyone.

You should review the bites and bev show theme on CC!

One thing you may want to keep in mind, having that large of a party will be challenging if many people are wanting your attention for placing their orders at the same time. Last month I had a party at my home with 24 attending. I felt very bad, and it was almost impossible to devote enought time to each order checking out, as other people there kept asking questions the whole time. It would be great if you had a friend or maybe a possibly another pc friend who would agree to help you. (I had my sister -in-law help me, and I gave her a cookbook for helping me). Just something to think about.

1. How many guests can I invite to the After-Work Party?

The number of guests you can invite to the After-Work Party will depend on the size of your venue and the amount of food you plan on serving. We recommend keeping the guest list to a manageable number to ensure everyone has a great time.

2. What type of food will be served at the After-Work Party?

The food served at the After-Work Party will vary depending on the theme of the party. We offer a variety of easy and delicious recipes that can be prepared in large quantities, perfect for feeding a crowd. You can also work with your Pampered Chef consultant to create a custom menu that fits your guests' preferences.

3. Can I earn rewards for hosting an After-Work Party with a large crowd?

Yes, absolutely! Our host rewards program is designed to give you the best value for hosting a successful party, no matter the size of the crowd. The more guests you have, the higher your rewards will be. Contact your consultant for more details.

4. How long does an After-Work Party usually last?

The duration of an After-Work Party will depend on the number of guests and the type of activities planned. On average, parties last between 2-3 hours. However, you can work with your consultant to customize the party length to fit your schedule and the needs of your guests.

5. Can I invite both men and women to the After-Work Party?

Of course! Our parties are open to everyone, regardless of gender. We offer a wide range of products that appeal to both men and women, making it the perfect opportunity to have a fun and interactive gathering with all your friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandilou
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
annew
Replies
Views
Symara
  • hlynn424
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies