• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aFew Tips From Taste of Home Show....

In summary, the conversation was about attending the Taste of Home cooking school and learning new tips and tricks for cooking and entertaining. The speaker shared some interesting facts, such as potatoes being the #1 source of Vitamin C for Americans and the origin of pizza. They also discussed using evaporated milk as a substitute for cream in recipes and how to make spiced whipped cream. The possibility of having a booth at the cooking school was also mentioned, with some members having already reserved a spot. Lastly, a comment was made about using evaporated skim milk as a healthier alternative to cream.
lacychef
I went to the Taste of Home cooking school last night with my mom; lots of fun:) It was like going to a huge PC show, only I got to sit back & watch! (of course I wanted to do a booth, but another gal from my cluster beat me to it!) If one comes near you, I would recommend going to learn some new tips!

Here's a few things I'm going to share with guests. I always hope my guests leave my shows & have learned some new things. I thought these would be fun tips to share:
*Potatoes are the #1 source of Vitamin C for Americans!
*If a recipe calls for milk or cream--if you use evaporated milk, it has double the protein & calcium as regular milk. Also makes the recipe thicker & creamier.
*A cow produces enough milk in one day to make 6 lbs of cheese!
*Pizza was originated in Greece! (where they first made flatbread)
*If you rub dry spices in the palm of your hand before adding to recipe, it releases the oils & makes for more flavor.
*She referred to her on-stage helpers as "kitchen angels". I thought that would be a cute way to talk about my little girls! (cause they're not little devils all the time!)
*When baking a pie, use your creative cutters to make cut-outs of one pie crust. Sprinkle brown sugar or the new washed raw cane sugar over cut-outs. Bake at 400 for 6-8 minutes. Then you can use those as garnish on your pie; on top of the cool whip! (she did this on top of her pumpkin pie)
*Recipe for spiced whipped cream:
1 c. heavy whipping cream; whisk with double balloon whisk or mixer until fluffy. Add 2 Tbs sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, & 1/4 tsp ginger.
*If you use an orange for a recipe, here's a cute tip to decorate the serving plate. Use a spoon to take the meat out of the orange halves, so you just have the peel. Then take a creative cutter to cut a shape in the center. Set on your platter over a tealight candle to make a luminary!
and.... www.verybestbaking.com she recommended. A website by Nestle so I'm sure there's good recipes there!

The show was lots of fun, but I kept leaning over & telling my mom "oh she needs a PC XXX". My mom was cracking up. I didn't recognize any of her things as PC; some look-alikes though! The only name dropping she did as far as kitchen gadgets was Microplane & TOH Entertaining of course. (which I wasn't that impressed with! The lady at that booth just said "I'm looking for people to be consultants & people to do shows." She wasn't even having a drawing)

Thanks for those tips! I am going to try the evap milk idea!

AJPratt said:
Thanks for those tips! I am going to try the evap milk idea!

No problem:) I'm going to be using a lot of ideas I saw...

So we can still have booths at their shows? Someone on here last year said they weren't going to allow PC booths anymore since they have their own line of products now. I hope we can! I did it last year and got tons of leads!

jenniferlynne said:
So we can still have booths at their shows? Someone on here last year said they weren't going to allow PC booths anymore since they have their own line of products now. I hope we can! I did it last year and got tons of leads!

Yes you can still do a booth. I wanted to, but another gal in my cluster had already reserved one when I called. She said they only allowed 2 people to work at the booth because of space.

We had one come here as well. Unfortunately a group from another town beat us to it. Argh! I can't imagine them wanting to drive two hours to come here and do a show. I wish they would have given us a shot at it but you can bet I'll be on the lookout for it to come again. Unfortunately they only come every few years. Oh well! Hopefully it will drive interest in people attending my shows :).

Evaporated MilkJust a quick comment. When my father received his heart transplant FOURTEEN YEARS AGO (and he's still going strong :D ), we learned how to adjust our eating habits. They really weren't bad at the time, but I learned a few tips from the Heart Association.

Should a recipe call for cream, you can easily use canned Evaporated SKIM milk. You will cut down on the fat and calories. And it still has the thickness and creaminess qualities of cream. The only drawback is the color. It's not white or creamy like whipping cream. It has a brownish 'tinge' (that's the best explanation I can make :confused: ).

So, if you're making something like a carbonara, it won't be bright and light in color. But if you're mixing it in something (like your upcoming Thanksgiving stuffing, or a pumpkin pie), you won't notice a thing.

Darcy

I don't think I've ever seen evaporated skimmed milk!

1. What is the Taste of Home Show?

The Taste of Home Show is a live cooking event hosted by Pampered Chef featuring delicious recipes, cooking tips, and product demonstrations.

2. How do I purchase tickets for the Taste of Home Show?

Tickets for the Taste of Home Show can be purchased through the Pampered Chef website or by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant.

3. Will there be product discounts available at the Taste of Home Show?

Yes, there will be exclusive discounts and promotions on Pampered Chef products available at the Taste of Home Show.

4. Is there a VIP package for the Taste of Home Show?

Yes, there is a VIP package available for purchase which includes premium seating, a meet and greet with the Pampered Chef chef, and a special gift bag.

5. Can I bring my own Pampered Chef products to the Taste of Home Show for the chef to use?

Unfortunately, due to safety and liability reasons, we ask that you do not bring your own Pampered Chef products to the Taste of Home Show. Our chef will use our own high-quality, tested products during the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SonyaVerrillo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dme.grant
  • leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tonyphel00
  • pampered1224