• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice on Transporting Items to Shows

In summary, the rolling case and the cart are both good options, but you need to be careful not to overpack.
jenf
I am relatively new and I am looking for advice on transporting everything to your shows. My director has offered to sell her other show-to-go rolling case to me for a little bit cheaper than it is on the supply order. I am debating between that and buying some kind of rolling cart for my crate. I absolutely hate lugging that heavy crate to shows. I feel like I end up making so many trips to the car. Would you recommend the show-to-go rolling case or do you use something else that you really like? Thanks for your help.

I love the rolling case BUT it is SOOOOO easy to overpack and gets heavy very very fast.

I love the Show to Go Tote.

And honestly, the crates aren't all that bad!

I use a medium sized suitcase with a pull-handle and wheels. I also have a PC tote for my paperwork. I find this is the easiest way to carry stuff around. The whole super starter kit will fit in there, plus bowls, rice cooker and a few other things. I really like it since I already had it sitting around the house. Since I rarely travel, it's great. And MUCH cheaper to buy a suitcase like that than the rolling tote PC sells!

I ordered the rolling crate..... the twon that I live in every house here in town has stairs I always have to ask the host's husband to help me carry my crate in and out of their home.. becasue I can't lift it up the stairs to save my life..... that and I bring so much stuff !!!

I couldn't live w/o my show to go rolling case!

Oh, and yes it does get heavy - that is because you can easily fit SO much stuff in it and get carried away. So, I make sure to pare it down every few weeks and only bring things I am going to use or things that are MUST-SEE items.

I earned all the show to go pieces last year, and love them all. But, do be careful about over-stuffing the rolling case; my handle no longer works! I'm calling HO today to see if it has any warranty:(

I went to Office Max and bought a rolling cart for around $30. It folds pretty much in half when not in use, then the bottom part folds down and has a place for the red crate that came with the SS Kit. I have another smaller crate that I stack on top of the first one, then the cart came with a bungee cord that attatches to the top to keep everything in place. I love using this to tranfer products from the car to the host's house (and my house!)

Lacy,

The same thing happened to my director and they replaced it:)

Gina Miller

I try sooo hard not to overpack. I try to use my crate for shows and the rolling case for expos.

My problem is when I do actually carry my crate in to the house of where the party is.. I am so out of breath I don't even want to do the show..... I jsut want to sit down.. I can' twait to get my rolling case!!!!

I love the rolling case. I have to discipline myself that I don't bring a crazy amount in it. You can way over pack and don't realize it until you try to pull it and it does go! lol

Staples has some great fold down rolling crates for $19.99, and they're on sale for $5 off this week. Super great and cheap, I got the idea from my director, she uses them also.

Susan: Is there an item number or picture you can post? I think I want to get one!

I would tend to agree.. I would like to see one as well........

I think this is it http://tinyurl.com/zfkkh and I think office depot has something similar

I am sooo excited the UPS man... aka Pampered Chef man just delivered my rolling case not more than five mins ago!!! Yeah my back is saved!!!

Yep, that's it! Love them!

I always take a Rubbermaid/Walmart brand filled with product and then use it for dirty dishes. I went to a show with my Hospitality Director and was really surprised she didn't do that. She's been doing this for over 9 years and she put her dirty dishes in a PC crate. Then the juice from the chunked chicken leaked all over the place trying to transport it to her car! I use two PC crates and a rubbermaid tote. Then I have a bag for my paperwork. I did like my Hospitality Directors Simple Additions Bag though - I'm always afriad I'm going to break them the way I pack. This bag had little pockets, etc. I think it was older though.
Joanne

Joanne's and Michaels sell rolling crates for scrapbooking. They both have 50% off coupons in the paper sometimes. I use two crates, but if I was going to buy a rolling case I would buy a scrapbooking one. My scrapbooking suitcase that has 1/10th of my supplies in it already weighs 100 lbs (NOT JOKING!) so I can't imagine filling it with stoneware and SA!

I forgot to say that I think that is a great idea about the sterilite container! I am addicted to them already!

I have the fold up crate that is from Staples and love it! Mine is green with blue. It is great and collapses so easily when it is not in use. Granted depending on what you bring to shows it doesn't hold everything but it does make you stop and think as to how much is too much to bring!;)

I dont use my rolling case alot since most houses here are dirt driveways some of the areas are complete dirt roads.

I have all three pieces now the shwo to go bag, rolling case, and the tool turn about bag..... now I offical feel professional..... before now... I would have my pc crate..... and the bag that I got a confernce stuffed.... and my catalog bag... my arms are full!!! not anymore!!!

Related to Advice on Transporting Items to Shows

1. How do I safely transport fragile items to shows?

To safely transport fragile items, we recommend using bubble wrap or packing paper to wrap each item individually. Then, place them in a sturdy box or container with enough padding to prevent any movement during transport.

2. What is the best way to transport multiple items at once?

The best way to transport multiple items is to use a rolling cart or trolley. This will allow you to easily move your items from your vehicle to the show location without having to carry them individually.

3. Can I use my own vehicle to transport items to shows?

Yes, you can use your own vehicle to transport items to shows. However, we recommend using a separate vehicle or renting a larger vehicle if you have a large amount of items to transport. This will ensure that your items are not damaged or crammed during transport.

4. How do I keep food items fresh during transport?

To keep food items fresh during transport, we suggest using insulated bags or coolers. You can also pack them with ice packs to maintain their temperature. It is important to keep food items in a cool and dry place during transport to prevent spoilage.

5. What should I do if I have a long distance to travel for a show?

If you have a long distance to travel for a show, we recommend packing your items in sturdy containers and using a shipping or freight service. This will ensure that your items arrive safely and on time without the added stress of driving a long distance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • ksmedic
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
JackieB999
  • Kate0831