• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Products Do You Take to a Show, and Why?

T
tjbeath
Ladies - I have loved this forum and have gotten a TON of great stuff from it. Now I have a question for you wise women. What products do you take to your shows, and why or why not? I want to take every single thing I own because I just KNOW that if I leave even one thing behind, it will be the one thing that I absolutely wish I had! Unfortunately, the more stuff I earn for free, the more I need a Sherpa to haul my stuff around! What are the things I can't live without? Also, how do you cart it around? One crate? Multiple crates? Totes galore?

Keep it SimpleI stick to the one crate rule. If I can't lift it it's not coming! I don't want to make 20 trips out to my car. The more stuff you take the longer your demo is going to be..the longer you are talking the more distracted the guest become...once distracted they started xing of their lists.

I try to stick to the higher priced stuff and the stuff I absolutely love! I definitely bring the US&G to all shows. Garlic press is a must (but I bring my tool tunabout and it's in there) a piece of stoneware (even if it is just the Stoneware Heart Mold--it is Stoneware) a piece of Professional cookware (Small Saute Skillet) and just the stuff I need for the recipe. I pick a few of the new things. If I'm using the Deluxe Rice cooker I bring it...if I'm not using it I talk about it (sold a BUNCH of them). I bring the smallest of the Stainless Steel mixing bowls (they are the same in construction you don't need them all). Must have the Meat Tenderizer (again sold a BUNCH). And the prep bowls (I have 2 sets--I don't bring both though). I make sure I can carry it.

If it doesn't fit you must omit! One crate, one briefcase, and my 50/50 board that's it. Sometimes I have to carry my tool turnabout separately, but I try hard to fit it in the crate.

Hope this helps you.

Thank you!That helps a ton. I was bringing my crate and THREE totes. Embarassing, totally. This is a silly question, but what is US&G?

US&G is the Ultimate Slice & Grate. An absolute MUST HAVE for all. It's my favorite tool!! :D

Lee Anne

Ok, so how do you take it to your show, do you have one of the show cases that is filled with your products or the crate or?? I just started and I can't spend that kind of money on the show case although I would LOVE to have it. And do you keep the boxes for any of your things to store and transport them in??
Thanks;
Jen
:confused:

I use the crate we got from PC and one generic rubbermaid style tote. And my stoneware carrier and my (actually my son's) soft-side briefcase. (He hasn't missed it yet...)

I know that's a lot, but it's better than it used to be! I was taking 2 totes and the burgundy crate... :rolleyes:

How big is the expensive carrier from PC? How much will it hold? Does anyone use the tool-turnabout tote? Is it worth it?

Isn't this a great site???

I use the tool turn about tote for transporting to and from shows. That saves on washing all of the products I didn't use or weren't touched. Because before all of my dirty prodcuts were rubbing against it in my crate. I won the rolling case at a cluster meeting so now I use that, but before I was still only doing one crate. I NEVER carried my tool turnabout separately before I had the rolling case. I only had my one Super Starter crate and briefcase (when I started).

After I won the case I increased slightly what I brought, but still limited it to what I could carry. And sometimes I carry my tools separately in my tool turnabout tote. I don't know...I rely on the catalog which is very beautiful. And I point out several remarkable things, because although I have alot I still don't have it all!

Instead of bringing all of our products to your shows practice painting word pictures. (I realize that it may be easier for me being an English major, but just think about all those food commercial that make your mouth water) I do not take my Chillzanne rectangle server, but I talk about it all the time and sell quite a bit of them. It is an awesome product. Think to yourself, "why do I love this?" "how has it made cooking easier, better, more enjoyable, faster?" "what does my husband think of this product?"

Don't make it harder than it has to be. Good luck!

What to bringI generally take ALL the super starter products, and then all the NEW products. All the SS things fit in the crate, and then I have a tote for the new products. I don't take the tool turnabout, I have the crock from the Beer Bread crock set, and I put all my tools in that (since there aren't that many in the SS kit). That works good because my crock is burgundy, so it shows the pretty color of the new stoneware.

I used to take everything that I had that was PC, and I was doing the 20-trips to the car thing. I think I read a post on this site that talked about cutting down what you take because you don't want potential recruits seeing you lug all this stuff in. I really liked that idea, so I implemented it. I'm really excited for the new products coming out in June. I'm booking a solid June so that I can get all the fall products free.

Good luck!! Tammi

I use a rolling "duffel bag", which you can get in the luggage section of deptarment stores. It holds everything I need, costs less that $20, and also doubles as my childrens luggage. Having everything on wheels makes getting in and out easy! Before this I used multiple totes, and it just makes our job look to difficult
At Leadership conference, AIM was constructing a new Showcase design, with multiple pieces. I would not invest in the showcase at this time, as it looks like this system will be available soon.

I used to use the rolling showcase, but had to stop when the wheels gave out, which was a problem for many consultants. While I used it, I LOVED it, because I could pack almost everything I needed for a show in it and make only two trips from the car. Plus, it looked so professional! I've been using totes and I feel like I bring way too much and am making my job look too hard.

At Leadership conference this year, HO was displaying prototypes for new cases and totes that seem to be more compact, yet very practical. I am holding out to see if they are ready for the fall selling season before I commit to buying something new (I'm hoping they will be ready and there will be an incentive to earn them!! ;) ). In the meantime, I am working very hard to be sure I bring just what I need to a show and a few small extras.

Mary - NE PA

Products to carryThis is so hard to decide what to bring, If you dont bring it they want to see it if you do they want to see somethig else. I made a LARGER tool -turn about case , (its just like the black one ) I thought it was too small, Guest love to see all the small gadgets. I also have one Med size basket with all of the small stuff I just leave it on the floor so they can see everything, and if I need something for a recipe I have it. I ALWAYS take my bar pan and take a different stone each month Is so hard not to take more than one crate plus the folders,briefcase, Simple Add need I say more......

How To Carry ItI used to try and take a million things too but then I realized that not only was it killing me but no one was looking at it all. Plus, there wasn't enough time to talk about it all so it was wasting my time. At a Director meeting I attended last fall Jan Capinegro made the comment that when you go shopping, in the mall or down a street or wherever, that the store doesn't put everything they own in the front window - they just put a window display to draw you inside. That really hit home with me and so now I just try to create a "window display" at my show. As far as carrying things I use my red crate and a small tote. Everything that goes in the tote is what I use for my demo and that way whatever comes out out of it I know is going back in dirty. In my crate is where I carry my window display - plus cookbooks. I sell lots of cookbooks because they are sitting in the seats as guests sit down and they get the chance to check them all out. I too like the new show cases that were previewed at Leadership - they looked super nice! I hope to see them available soon!

Becca,

Do you keep a supply of cookbooks on hand for impulse buys, or just a sample of each one to entice them to order?

Paula in TN

CookbooksPaula, I just have one of each for samples. The sale of cookbooks has increased my sales at shows and I like for the host to benefit from that. If someone needs a recipe I will copy it for them right away but other than that I'll just order it.

Thanks, Becca.

I think it is important to make our job look easy, because it is easy! If we take TONS of items, it makes it look difficult.

When I first started, I took everything! Now, I only take what I need for the recipe. If there are new products, I will take those for the first month.

As someone posted before (a VERY GOOD POINT), when you go shopping, you don't expect them to have EVERYTHING in the window. People will buy what you show them, but they also have things on their list that they are interested in. Additionally, they will buy the products that their friends tell them about.

What is a 50/50 board?
Chef Kearns said:
I stick to the one crate rule. If I can't lift it it's not coming! I don't want to make 20 trips out to my car. The more stuff you take the longer your demo is going to be..the longer you are talking the more distracted the guest become...once distracted they started xing of their lists.
I am new to this site, so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. What is a 50/50 board?

I try to stick to the higher priced stuff and the stuff I absolutely love! I definitely bring the US&G to all shows. Garlic press is a must (but I bring my tool tunabout and it's in there) a piece of stoneware (even if it is just the Stoneware Heart Mold--it is Stoneware) a piece of Professional cookware (Small Saute Skillet) and just the stuff I need for the recipe. I pick a few of the new things. If I'm using the Deluxe Rice cooker I bring it...if I'm not using it I talk about it (sold a BUNCH of them). I bring the smallest of the Stainless Steel mixing bowls (they are the same in construction you don't need them all). Must have the Meat Tenderizer (again sold a BUNCH). And the prep bowls (I have 2 sets--I don't bring both though). I make sure I can carry it.

If it doesn't fit you must omit! One crate, one briefcase, and my 50/50 board that's it. Sometimes I have to carry my tool turnabout separately, but I try hard to fit it in the crate.

Hope this helps you.
I'm new at this and am not sure if I'm doing this right. What is a 50/50 board?

Since no one answered the question what is a 50/50 board...I'm asking again...WHAT IS A 50/50 BOARD?!?! I'm also new to being a consultant, and would like to know to see if it is something I Want or Need to incorprate into my shows. Thanks for the help.

Since no one answered the question what is a 50/50 board...I'm asking again...WHAT IS A 50/50 BOARD?!?! I'm also new to being a consultant, and would like to know to see if it is something I Want or Need to incorprate into my shows. Thanks for the help.

WyomingsPamperedRancher said:

Since this was a thread from 2005, I'm not sure any of these people are even around the board anymore to answer your question!;)

ChefBeckyD said:
Since this was a thread from 2005, I'm not sure any of these people are even around the board anymore to answer your question!;)
Some of them are (chef Kearns, j davis, and Ann F are still here). I'm guessing, but I think the 50-50 thing is maybe a drawing where you buy a ticket and 50% of the $$ you win and the other 50% in maybe profit....just guessing, but maybe......sounds a little like it could be?

Chef Kearns...where are youuuuu.. whats the 50 /50 board....lol!

I take only what I need to prepare the recipe b/c it cuts down on what I have to haul around. And it has not affected my sales at all since I quit carrying all kinds of extra products for people to see.

Re: 50/50 board
I've seen this as a sheet with 50 squares that are sold for $1 each. When the sheet is filed, one number is drawn and the person who had that square gets a $50 shopping spree. This idea was floating around a couple years ago (imagine that - since Becky pointed out that this thread was form 2005). One thing to be careful about is that, even though all of the money collected is given to the winner, it could be considered gambling, and therefore subject to state gambling regulations.

I did a 50/50 board, but it was if they spent $50, they picked a covered square. There were 50 squares on the board that had products on it. When all squares had their paper removed, then I would draw someone's name, and they won the prize on their paper. I wouldn't always mention the board, I'd have it sitting there, it seemed to get people's attention. I had people add to their order to be able to pick a square.

jrstephens said:
I take only what I need to prepare the recipe b/c it cuts down on what I have to haul around. And it has not affected my sales at all since I quit carrying all kinds of extra products for people to see.
I really need to start doing this! I take my new consultant tote FULL and it's very heavy! I also take my TTA and tote filled with tools and my rolling case for my guest folders, gift basket, info binders, pens etc so I always have 2 loads minimum to carry in!

1. What products do you take to your shows?

As a scientist, I always make sure to bring the necessary products for my experiments or demonstrations. For a show, this may include visual aids such as posters, charts, or slides, as well as any equipment or samples that are essential to the presentation. I also make sure to have any necessary paperwork or documentation for my research.

2. Why or why not do you bring certain products?

The products I bring to a show are carefully selected based on their relevance to the topic and their ability to enhance the audience's understanding and engagement. I also consider the logistics of transporting and setting up these products, as well as any potential restrictions or regulations at the venue.

3. What are the things you can't live without at a show?

In my experience, the most important things to have at a show are a well-organized and informative presentation, as well as any necessary equipment and materials. It's also crucial to have a backup plan in case of technical difficulties. Additionally, having a confident and engaging presence as a presenter is essential for a successful show.

4. How do you transport your products to the show?

Transportation of products to a show can vary depending on the size and amount of items. Personally, I find using multiple crates or totes to be the most efficient way to transport my materials. It's important to label and pack items carefully to prevent damage during travel. I also make sure to have a plan for setting up and organizing my products at the show.

5. How do you manage the increasing amount of products you earn for free?

As much as I appreciate earning products for free, I have learned to be selective in what I bring to shows. I prioritize the most relevant and essential items, and try to avoid over-packing. Additionally, I make sure to have a system for organizing and storing my products at home, so they are easily accessible for future shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Bill Faber
  • pampered.chris