• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice Needed: Hostess Unhappy with Consultant

In summary, the consultant attended a show hosted by another consultant and was not happy with her from the beginning to the end. The hostess found out the consultant was a consultant after the show was booked and the consultant forgot her tools. The consultant should contact the HO if she has complaints.
chefleighann
My friend's friend held a Show for another consultant and was not happy with her from the beginning to the end. She is wanting to complain about her and my friend asked me what she could do.
The hostess found out I was a consultant after she already had her show booked.
Should I just tell her to email Pampered Chef?? I don't know what to do.
Any advice is much appreciated!:confused:

It depends on what happened. I have heard horror stories on this board of people who were just not happy no matter what happened. Sometimes it happens to the nicest consultants!!! I would personally stay out of it. If she wants to call HO and complain, give your friend the 888-OUR-CHEF number and have her give it to her friend. You don't want to get a reputation of being the one who helped a customer complain about another consultant. However, if the complaints are valid, you have done your job. When you say the hostess found out you were a consultant after the show was booked, has she held the show? FYI, the host gets to choose who does the show. If your friend's friend wants to have another show, offer to be the consultant and treat her with kid gloves! HTH

I would stay out of it - you know the old saying about shooting the messenger? I would just give her the # to Home Office and let her handle it however she feels she needs to.

Oh and to add to the mix, the hostess is thinking of becoming a consultant. I don't know if she told that other consultant that.
Good idea, I will just give her the 888-OURCHEF.
My friend went to the show and said it was interesting, I haven't gotten the whole story yet..
Thanks for all the advice :)

chefleighann said:
My friend went to the show and said it was interesting, I haven't gotten the whole story yet..
Thanks for all the advice :)
OK- that sounds like it was a doozy of a show. Do tell, once you get the dirt!

Whew! I see you are in SC, so I know it wasn't me! ;)

But do tell!!!!!

Here's my take the the new consultant question. No one owns a recuit lead! If the other consultant had talked to her about it, than it is best to let the lead know that you feel awkward about it, but she has the right to sign with whom ever she wants. I think we would all agree that who you have in your upline directly effects your expirience in this business.

I would stay out of the situation. You do not want to get caught in the middle of it and it end up hurting you. Esepcially when you do not know the whole story.

Boiling Springs??? I grew up in Enoree and my dad and Smom and SSis live therein Boiling Springs!! My sis owns All-Sports Gymnastics back behind the McD's.

melissakc ,
I see that place all the time. :D

Ok ladies, when I get the dirt I will dish! I want to know so that I don't ever
have any complaints on me!

I always tell people to contact the HO via the toll free number. I'll provide it if they ask. However, since I wasn't there as a witness, I don't tell the horror stories to them myself. As for the signing, go for it. Each person should have the opportunity to choose their recruiter.

sorry, it has taken me so long, my FT job has me going crazy.... One of the things she did was that didn't tell the host she needed to get ingredients for the show until 3pm that day. The show was at 7pm. Then the consultant forgot her TTA with all her tools and had someone meet her.. All the guests were sitting there waiting on her when she got back at 7:35... Eck! My friend said there was other stuff but I haven't found out yet..:eek:

Sounds like a bad show all around...sometimes consultants forget things...I always forget something, but it's not major. Sometimes my host has the item I forgot, so that works out. Most times I forget my pizza cutter, or serving piece...rarely have I forgotten anything LARGE! That would be a BAD thing!

but it seems like that consultant was a little "out there"...forgot to put that in my last post...sorry!

I would let well enough alone...But that is my humble opinion. I agree to give her HO number but that is the extent of what I would do.

1. How should I handle a hostess who is unhappy with their consultant?

First, it's important to listen to the hostess and understand their specific concerns. Then, calmly and professionally address their concerns and offer potential solutions. It may also be helpful to involve a higher-up consultant or the company's customer service department to find a resolution.

2. What if the hostess wants to switch consultants?

If the hostess expresses a desire to switch consultants, it's important to handle the situation delicately. Offer to connect them with a different consultant and make the transition as smooth as possible. It's also important to communicate with both the hostess and the other consultant to ensure a positive experience for everyone involved.

3. Can I offer the hostess a discount or free products to make up for their dissatisfaction?

It's generally not recommended to offer discounts or free products to unhappy hostesses, as it sets a precedent and can potentially create issues with other customers. Instead, focus on finding a solution that addresses the hostess's concerns and provides a positive experience moving forward.

4. Should I apologize on behalf of the company for the consultant's behavior?

As a representative of the company, it may be appropriate to offer an apology for any negative experience the hostess has had. However, be sure to gather all the facts and communicate with the consultant before making any apologies on their behalf.

5. How can I prevent future issues with hostesses and consultants?

The best way to prevent future issues is to have clear communication and expectations with both the hostesses and consultants. This includes setting boundaries, addressing any concerns promptly, and ensuring all parties are on the same page. It's also important to have a reliable and professional team of consultants to avoid any potential conflicts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Lilamyw3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Denarella