• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advertising in Local Newspapers & Church Bulletins

puts ads in her church newsletter and occasionally in the local university newspaper, but she mostly sticks to free ads. She has a subscription to a ad generator that lets her make as many ads as she wants for a month for $2.99.
nikki70563
Gold Member
Does anyone use their local newspaper or church bulletin to advertise?

I occasionally put ads in my local church newsletter, which are free. I have tried the local university newspaper, but go not response, and paid $50, I think. I try to stick to free ads. I put one in every 3 or 4 months or so, usually at the start of the new season and when we have really great host specials. But, that's only if I remember to get it in before the deadline. Which, I need to submit one today for S/S kickoff.

Tammy

RaggedyAunt said:
I occasionally put ads in my local church newsletter, which are free. I have tried the local university newspaper, but go not response, and paid $50, I think. I try to stick to free ads. I put one in every 3 or 4 months or so, usually at the start of the new season and when we have really great host specials. But, that's only if I remember to get it in before the deadline. Which, I need to submit one today for S/S kickoff.

Tammy

What do you put in your ad (wording)?

I have never tried ads of any kind. Our church does not put ads for things like this in our newsletter.

nikki70563 said:
What do you put in your ad (wording)?
There's a great ad generator through Merrill that has wording that's already approved by HO. It's $2.99 (maybe 3.99) for a one-month subscription to the generator. But you can make as many ads as you want in a month. I suggest using it, even if you copy the wording and don't use their specific ads (most have pictures).

The ad generator is great! And to clarify, it's not actually our church newsletter, but once a month in the bulletin my church includes an insert entitled "Helping Hands" and there are various categories under which people can place ads (items for sale, items ISO, services, misc., etc.) I attend a fairly large church, so it's nice to help other members network with each other, especially since we have 3 separate worship services each weekend, plus one geared towards teens-20's. But, again, be sure to use approved language and stay in the "free zone" as much as possible.

Tammy

Related to Advertising in Local Newspapers & Church Bulletins

1. How much does it cost to advertise in a local newspaper or church bulletin?

The cost of advertising in a local newspaper or church bulletin can vary depending on the publication and the size of the ad. It is best to contact the publication directly for their advertising rates.

2. What types of ads are typically accepted in local newspapers and church bulletins?

Most local newspapers and church bulletins accept display ads, classified ads, and inserts. Some may also offer digital advertising options such as banner ads on their website.

3. How can I target a specific audience with my ad in a local newspaper or church bulletin?

Local newspapers and church bulletins often have a specific readership, such as a particular demographic or geographical area. You can target your ad by choosing the right publication that reaches your desired audience.

4. Can I track the effectiveness of my ad in a local newspaper or church bulletin?

Yes, many local newspapers and church bulletins offer tracking options for your ad, such as coupon codes or unique phone numbers. You can also track the response to your ad by asking customers how they found out about your business.

5. Are there any restrictions on the content of my ad in a local newspaper or church bulletin?

Most publications have guidelines and restrictions on the content of ads, such as prohibiting offensive or misleading language. It is important to review the guidelines and follow them to ensure your ad is accepted.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thebowman
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Koolotus
  • pctharper