• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advertising at Home Shows: Rules & Regulations

In summary, when displaying products at a home show, it is important to check with the event organizer for any specific rules and regulations. Products should be displayed safely and not obstruct walkways or exits. Discounts and promotions are allowed, but guidelines set by the event organizer should be followed. There may be restrictions on advertising, such as avoiding disruptive methods and staying within the event theme. Collecting customer information is allowed, but privacy regulations and consent must be followed. Finally, regulations on booth setup, such as size and placement, may vary and should be checked with the event organizer.
MrsCaleb
Are there any rules against advertising with another company at a home show, or otherwise?

Re: Rules??What specifically are you thinking of doing? I'm not sure I follow exactly what your question is...

Re: Rules??In the consultant agreement, there's a clause that we're not allowed to promote any other product at cooking shows or while we're representing PC.

Re: Rules??Well, I am thinking about selling Watkins Spices along with PC, and I also have a wedding name plaque business. I was wondering if I can make mention of either of these during a show. They would obviously be quite secondary and the most I'd probably do is use something like Watkins vanilla in a recipe and let people know I sell it,...and as to the name plaque thing, I'd like to set one out at wedding showers and let people know I sell them as well. Is there a way I could do this that would not go against the agreement??

Re: Rules??It is against the Policies and Procedures to do that.
You can sell them, but you aren't supposed to advertise your other DS ventures while you are demonstrating/representing PC.

Re: Rules??OK, thanks.

Re: Rules??We do have our own great line of spices and seasonings, I would promote those.

1. What are the rules for displaying products at a home show?

The rules for displaying products at a home show vary by location, so it's important to check with the event organizer beforehand. However, in general, products must be displayed safely and securely, and should not obstruct walkways or exits.

2. Can I offer discounts or promotions at a home show?

Yes, you can offer discounts and promotions at a home show, but be sure to follow any guidelines set by the event organizer. It's also important to clearly state any terms and conditions for the promotion.

3. Are there any restrictions on how I can advertise at a home show?

Yes, there may be restrictions on advertising at a home show. For example, you may not be able to use loud or disruptive advertising methods, or advertise products or services that are not related to the event theme.

4. Can I collect customer information at a home show?

Yes, you can collect customer information at a home show, but be sure to follow any privacy regulations and obtain consent from customers before collecting their information.

5. Are there any regulations on how I can set up my booth at a home show?

Yes, there may be regulations on how you can set up your booth at a home show. These may include restrictions on size, height, and placement of your booth. Be sure to check with the event organizer for any specific guidelines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissa3026
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • amgreen66
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mspibb