• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ad Placement at Local Pancake Feed/Fundraiser

there are many other ways to get your name out there. You can post your ad on the website, place it in the newspaper, or even go to ABCs (American Businesses) and place an ad.There are recruiting ones.
Leigh0725
Hello! Okay, I have an opportunity to place a business ad on a place mat that will be set up at a local pancake feed/fundraiser. Can anyone assist me with the following:

1). The items that can/cannot be included in the ad

2). An example of something you may have used (in word format if possible)

Thanks in advance!

Here are my suggestions...use a business card or go through Merrill and have one designed - it costs less than $3 and you can design as many as you want. Merrill's look great, but can't be altered. I don't have anything in Word or else I'd share. Also, if there is a creative team, they may assist you for free (I know my local newspaper offers this service).

What do you want to say in the ad?

The ads in Merrill's ad generator are also pre-approved by HO, so they don't include inappropriate wording.

Basically the ad is to get my name out there to more people in hopes that they call either with an order or to book a show. I'll look at the Merrill ad generator during lunch and see what that looks like. Is it something that I can get right away or do I have to wait for it in the mail? I need to have it to the lady by the end of this week. TIA!

You get it right away. It will only take about 20 minutes for you to shop for the design(s) you want and for the system to "design" it for you. Then you have to save it to your computer or disk and you are good to go!!

Is it free? I haven't been out on the site yet. Just didn't have a chance during our lunch break.

The Merrill ad designer is $3 a month. What you can do is subscribe for 1 month and create a whole bunch of ads. then let the subscription lapse. We are supposed to use only images currently offered, so you'll need to recreate your ads a couple of times a year.

chefann said:
The ads in Merrill's ad generator are also pre-approved by HO, so they don't include inappropriate wording.

Do they give you a link to use?

After you order the individual ads, you go back into Merrill's site (allow 20 minutes or so), and there will be links to the individual ads. Save them to your computer, as they are only active for 30 days or so.

chefann said:
After you order the individual ads, you go back into Merrill's site (allow 20 minutes or so), and there will be links to the individual ads. Save them to your computer, as they are only active for 30 days or so.

So if a classified place gives you the option of using a picture, we aren't allowed to use the chef's hat with logo, but could upload the ad in that spot? (Odd question - sorry)

umm can we browse to see what they look like before purchasing? I'd love to put one up in a local car wash around here!

Yes. The logo will be included in the Merrill ad, but it's OK, because they're pre-approved by HO.
Edited to add - this was in response to Susan.Heather- I don't know if you can peek before you order. Go to Merrill, then Ad Generator to see.

I just logged on and don't think I can just browse??

Does anyone know, who has purchased them before, if there is one specifically for recruiting? If so what the blurb says?

There are recruiting ones.Looking for more control, more satisfaction, extra income? A PC business offers you work/family balance, satisfaction, extra income.(that's oversimplification, but it's the gist)

Great, thanks Ann! I think I will subscribe!

same here - just need to have my training class get over with. ;) darn full time job.

I'll try to post the ones I bought. Heather if you looked at my newsletters then you've seen the ads. I use one as the intro to my newsletter.

Attachments

• Business card with brown sugar brie.pdf
    787.1 KB · Views: 438
  • yellow pages ad.pdf
    57.1 KB · Views: 353
  • prospecting ad.pdf
    58.5 KB · Views: 370
I have a few more, but didn't want to overload the system.

Chef Kearns said:
I'll try to post the ones I bought. Heather if you looked at my newsletters then you've seen the ads. I use one as the intro to my newsletter.

How have the responses been to these?

I thought we needed to be in the upper positions to be listed in phone book (yellow pages)?

Love these, thanks for sharing! I've been wondering what they look like. :)

its_me_susan said:
How have the responses been to these?

I thought we needed to be in the upper positions to be listed in phone book (yellow pages)?
It is very important to read the policies. As you point out, only upper level Directors can put an ad in the yellow pages. But I was using the "host a show" type ads in a small advertising circular, which is allowed by the policies. I recently pulled it, because I only got 1 call from it in 6 months, and I need to watch my spending.

chefann said:
It is very important to read the policies. As you point out, only upper level Directors can put an ad in the yellow pages. But I was using the "host a show" type ads in a small advertising circular, which is allowed by the policies. I recently pulled it, because I only got 1 call from it in 6 months, and I need to watch my spending.

Ah just saw "yellow pages" ~ thought maybe something had changed since I had read the policies. Have to admit, with my recent surgery (and one approaching fast), I'm spending less time reading policy changes & find most new things discussed here.

I asked because I have paid for ads myself and receive loads of responses - but half hadn't heard of PC and many thought they were responding to chef business, etc. So over time (try something for 3 months before determining it's effect they say), I too stopped & put my $$ elsewhere (The Booster rocks! Constant Contact saves me 3 hours, etc)...

Thanks for sharing yours ads. I'd love to see the others if you wouldn't mind sharing. I'm going to be wheelchair or crutches bound for the next 2-3 months, so may want to look for business in ways other than live shows. :)

I have been offered an advertising spot in a local booklet. I need to provide a business card - but I do not have those from Merrill.

My question really has to do with the PC logo.

Theoretically I could design my own business cards and print them up myself on my computer. And since I am printing it myself I can use the PC logo. Can I provide it to this local circular to print - logo and all?

Hope my question makes sense.

kam said:
I have been offered an advertising spot in a local booklet. I need to provide a business card - but I do not have those from Merrill.

My question really has to do with the PC logo.

Theoretically I could design my own business cards and print them up myself on my computer. And since I am printing it myself I can use the PC logo. Can I provide it to this local circular to print - logo and all?

Hope my question makes sense.

Yes - as long as you are using the logo from the website, and you are using it for print material that is not one of the ones we are not allowed to advertise in (yellow pages, top 100 newspapers, etc.), then you're fine.

its_me_susan said:
How have the responses been to these? I haven't really used them in a paper. I bought them for my newsletters and to have something to send over when a booth space includes a print ad. I hated having to come up with something on my own. When I was in AZ (about 2 years) the response was GREAT!! I got at least one call a month many times 3 or 4. Since I've been back in TX, I've only gotten 1 call from an ad (free or otherwise).

I thought we needed to be in the upper positions to be listed in phone book (yellow pages)? Ann answered this one already. I do not place an ad in the phone book. I like the streamlined nature of this ad. It is a nice ad for those that won't or can't print the image. If they can't print the ad in color some of them don't look right.

Love these, thanks for sharing! I've been wondering what they look like. :)

Susan, sorry it's taken me a while to respond. I guess I having been checking here often enough.

Related to Ad Placement at Local Pancake Feed/Fundraiser

What is the cost of placing an ad at a local pancake feed/fundraiser?

The cost of placing an ad at a local pancake feed/fundraiser varies depending on the location and organization hosting the event. Please contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information on specific pricing.

How do I go about placing an ad at a local pancake feed/fundraiser?

To place an ad at a local pancake feed/fundraiser, you can contact the event organizer or your local Pampered Chef consultant. They will be able to provide you with more information on the process and any necessary forms or requirements.

What size should my ad be for a local pancake feed/fundraiser?

The size of your ad can vary, but typically a half-page or quarter-page size is recommended. It is best to check with the event organizer or your local Pampered Chef consultant for specific size guidelines and requirements.

Can I include my business logo on the ad?

Yes, you can include your business logo on the ad. It is recommended to keep the design simple and eye-catching to effectively promote your business and attract potential customers.

How can I ensure my ad is seen by attendees at the pancake feed/fundraiser?

The best way to ensure your ad is seen by attendees is to strategically place it in a high-traffic area, such as near the entrance or food tables. It is also helpful to have a visually appealing design and clear messaging to attract attention. Additionally, consider offering a special promotion or discount for attendees to further entice them to visit your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hunkiemunkie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
CooknSteph
  • tvanhowling
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
debmiz
  • MakinBacon