• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aCouple of Silly Recipe Questions for You....

In summary, Jodi's host for tomorrow night who she thought was MIA now is not, and she has chosen on her own (without her input) tuxedo brownie cups and pecan tassies for tomorrow night.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Okay so my host for tomorrow night who I thought was MIA now is not (thanks to the phone message I left - hadn't heard from her in a month) and she has chosen on her own (without my input) tuxedo brownie cups and pecan tassies for tomorrow night. I've made them before but my question is this....

1. Which cookbooks are these from? Does anyone know offhand so I don't have to spend valuable time looking through our docs section? I have it in my files and have printed it out for everyone (8 - 18 guests, host has NO idea - don't you just LOVE those hosts) but would like to be able to tell them what book the recipes are in.

2. The TBC recipe says arrange strawberry slices on top (calls for small strawberries). Is that one slice per cup or a whole strawberry sliced per cup (like a fan). I'm thinking a whole strawberry fan would be a little much! I usually just grate chocolate over mine but dh (dear host in this case) wants the strawberries!

I just got home from my new day job at 8:30 tonight and spent some time with the children. THEN she calls back and now I'm scurrying to stick stop sell stickers on my catelogs, print order forms, and pack my crates. Gotta work at 9:30 tomorrow! So any and ALL help would be appreciated.

Back to work I go!

Thanks,
Jodi

The Tuxedo Brownie recipe is http://joycesfinecooking.com/Recipes3/tuxedo_brownie_cups.htm

and

Pecan Tassies are here http://joycesfinecooking.com/PC%20Recipes/pecan_tassies.htm

Thanks Tasha but I do already have the recipes. I got them from another message board last year. I just don't know WHAT book they are originally in. Thanks for taking the time to link them for me though.

Tuxedo Brownie Cups Celebrate 100
Pecan Tassies All the Best 87
(you can do a recipe search on CC and it will tell you the book and pg #!

Thanks Jennifer! I'll have to see if we can do that on our CC too.

Sorry I misunderstood. I just found the cookbooks but see that someone answered that for you.

You're too kind...
kcjodih said:
Thanks Jennifer! I'll have to see if we can do that on our CC too.

My shows get what I bring. I'm still pretty new at doing home shows, so ....

I wing it alot of times and we all have a blast too!!!

I still get high sales as well.

Good Luck

Hi Jodi,I'm glad to hear your host is back and you were able to get in touch with her! The Tuxedo Brownie Cups and Pecan Tassies are both delicious recipes and I'm sure your guests will love them.To answer your questions:1. The Tuxedo Brownie Cups recipe is from the "Delightful Desserts" cookbook and the Pecan Tassies recipe is from the "Stoneware Inspirations" cookbook. Both can be found in our documents section as well.2. For the strawberry slices on top of the Tuxedo Brownie Cups, I would suggest using one slice per cup. A whole strawberry fan may be a bit too much, but it's ultimately up to your personal preference.I can imagine it's a bit hectic trying to prepare for a party while also balancing a new job and family time. I'm happy to help in any way I can. Have a great party tomorrow!Best regards,Pampered Chef Consultant

What is the best way to store fresh herbs?

The best way to store fresh herbs is by wrapping them in a damp paper towel and placing them inside a plastic bag in the refrigerator. Another option is to place them in a jar with water, similar to a bouquet of flowers.

How do I know if my baking powder is still good?

To check if your baking powder is still good, mix 1 teaspoon of baking powder with 1/3 cup of hot water. If it bubbles and foams, then it is still active and can be used in your recipes.

What is the difference between baking soda and baking powder?

Baking soda is a single ingredient, sodium bicarbonate, which reacts with acidic ingredients to create carbon dioxide and help baked goods rise. Baking powder, on the other hand, is a mixture of baking soda, a dry acid, and a moisture-absorbing agent. It is used as a leavening agent in recipes that do not have acidic ingredients.

Can I substitute butter for oil in a recipe?

Yes, you can substitute butter for oil in a recipe, but keep in mind that it may affect the texture and flavor of the final product. Use a 1:1 ratio when making the substitution.

How do I properly measure flour for baking?

The best way to measure flour for baking is to use a spoon to fluff up the flour in its container, then spoon it into a dry measuring cup and level off the top with a flat edge. Do not pack the flour into the cup or shake it down, as this can result in too much flour and affect the texture of your baked goods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KristinB1023
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies