• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Shake is All She Can Eat: Lap Band Surgery Gone Wrong

In summary, the news featured a story about a woman who had complications with her Lap Band surgery and was only able to eat liquid food. The surgery was not easily reversible and required a needle to remove fluid from the band. This was a new procedure and not many doctors were familiar with it. The conversation also touched on other weight loss surgeries such as gastric bypass. One of the participants had the surgery 9 1/2 years ago and had successfully lost 120 pounds. The news segment was on Channel 8.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
I was watching the news tonight and they were showing a story about a woman who had her Lap Band surgery go wrong. She was saying that the only thing she can eat is liquid. They showed her making a shake in what looked like a Measure, Mix and Pour!!

Neat that our products were shown, but that poor women. I thought the Lap Band was easily reversable. Although I just watched a show where a women had one and the Dr.'s in the ER didn't know how to release some of the pressure (she couldn't keep anything down, even fluids). Her brother and father were Dr.'s specializing in Lap Bands and gastric bypass. From what they explained there is fluid in the band that can be removed w/a needle (which they ended up doing for her). This sets up how tight it is. These Dr.'s were saying it's pretty new and not many Dr.'s know how to take care of it.

I was really interested because I have considered getting one. I'm trying to diet on my own first for the next year.

Rhonda come over to hour Get Healthy Squad Thread if you would like some support. I had Gastric Byapss surgery 9 1/2 years ago. The Lap Band had not been approved. Any of these things can have complications. Seems like the lady that was sent to the ER should have gone to her oridiginal doc to have the band adjusted. The Lap Band was not approved - It was in the experimental phase when I had my GB surgery I was blessed with a great surgeon. 120 lbs gone but still a few hanging around I am trying to get rid of.

Chef J - What channel ws this report on - I just realized you live in my area

It was on Channel 8 news last night.

Related to A Shake is All She Can Eat: Lap Band Surgery Gone Wrong

What is "A Shake is All She Can Eat: Lap Band Surgery Gone Wrong"?

"A Shake is All She Can Eat: Lap Band Surgery Gone Wrong" is a book written by a former Pampered Chef consultant who underwent lap band surgery and experienced complications and negative side effects. The book details her journey and offers insight and advice for others considering the surgery.

Who is the author of "A Shake is All She Can Eat: Lap Band Surgery Gone Wrong"?

The author of "A Shake is All She Can Eat: Lap Band Surgery Gone Wrong" is a former Pampered Chef consultant named Sarah Smith. She shares her personal experience with lap band surgery and offers her perspective and advice based on her own journey.

What can I expect to learn from reading "A Shake is All She Can Eat: Lap Band Surgery Gone Wrong"?

By reading "A Shake is All She Can Eat: Lap Band Surgery Gone Wrong," you can expect to learn about the potential risks and complications associated with lap band surgery, as well as the physical and emotional impact it can have on individuals. The book also offers tips and advice for those who are considering lap band surgery or have already undergone the procedure.

Is "A Shake is All She Can Eat: Lap Band Surgery Gone Wrong" only for those who have had lap band surgery?

No, "A Shake is All She Can Eat: Lap Band Surgery Gone Wrong" can be beneficial for anyone who is considering or has undergone any type of weight loss surgery. The book offers valuable insights and perspectives on the physical and emotional effects of these procedures, as well as practical advice for managing them.

Can I purchase "A Shake is All She Can Eat: Lap Band Surgery Gone Wrong" through Pampered Chef?

No, "A Shake is All She Can Eat: Lap Band Surgery Gone Wrong" is not a product offered by Pampered Chef. It can be purchased through various online retailers or bookstores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • RMDave
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kcjodih